Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Hunting and Fishing in the Adirondacks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2019, 07:44 PM   #21
Creekwader
Snag Locator

Adkbrooktrout,

Thatís certainly spectacular! I know you had to work hard for that fish but it was all worth it in the end. Canít wait to see the carving if you decide to do it.

I guess nobody else had any luck this fall so Iíll throw up a couple nicely colored fish
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 2395F9E7-DFDB-4622-813B-5E2EFABE929B.jpeg (36.8 KB, 129 views)
File Type: jpeg 8A6E5C59-86E3-4A68-8ECD-054B9CE27762.jpeg (37.3 KB, 127 views)
Creekwader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 09:27 AM   #22
Stillhunter

Beautiful fish Creekwader. That bottom one has outstanding colors and very healthy. Thanks for sharing. I notice you appear to have 2 fly rods in your canoe? Do you prefer to troll or cast from the canoe?
Stillhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 09:37 AM   #23
Stillhunter

Adkbrooktrout... that fish has certainly captivated me. It appears to be flawless (no fin clips or other human / hatchery marks). Do you think it was born in the pond or stocked by the DEC? Looks like a naturally spawned fish.
Old 10-21-2019, 11:18 AM   #24
UpstateDave0104

Here are pics of a couple of fish I caught last week. I decided to try a new pond, rather than the same old ones I always go to. AM I GLAD I DID!!!!
The larger fish was 21" and enormously fat. I had to check the spot pattern to make sure it was not the same fish caught by adkbrooktrout. The smaller fish is around 18" and typical of many of the other fish I caught. Otherwise my fishing this Fall was pretty slow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1030337.jpg (119.5 KB, 108 views)
File Type: jpg P1030346.jpg (126.9 KB, 108 views)
UpstateDave0104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 11:23 AM   #25
Stillhunter

Spec tacular!!!
Old 10-21-2019, 09:30 PM   #26
adkbrooktrout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillhunter View Post
Adkbrooktrout... that fish has certainly captivated me. It appears to be flawless (no fin clips or other human / hatchery marks). Do you think it was born in the pond or stocked by the DEC? Looks like a naturally spawned fish.
Unfortunately it's more than likely a stocked tem hybrid, it does have very minimal natural reproduction though so anything is possible. It's just an untouched area, very far back. I've never seen another vehicle at the trailhead and never once seen a person there.

Creekwader, beauties as always. You're always slaying quality fish. With out your fly selection tips, i likely wouldn't have caught my pb. Next season I'll take you back there and watch you vacuum out some pigs.

Upstatedave. That's a beauty as well. I'm glad the Dacks are pumping out large fish more frequently. Looks like it was a great trip.
adkbrooktrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 11:30 PM   #27
Stillhunter

Thanks for the background adkbrooktrout.
Old 10-22-2019, 11:28 AM   #28
St.Regis

Nice fish!!
St.Regis is offline   Reply With Quote