Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garnet Hill Lodge to be sold at auction

Info here:

One of the Adirondack Park’s most popular resorts is being auctioned next month. The Garnet Hill Lodge, in North River, will be sold next month. Brian Mann has details.

Dick,

This forum has over 5,000 members...if every member chipped just a few thousand dollars. Or much less if seeking a mortgage.
    You are probably familiar with Schenectady Wintersports Club??

Comment

Originally posted by stripperguy View Post
      Dick,

This forum has over 5,000 members...if every member chipped just a few thousand dollars. Or much less if seeking a mortgage.
      You are probably familiar with Schenectady Wintersports Club??
      I'm sure you're half joking, but whatever happened to people with shared interests getting together to purchase, maintain and enjoy a substantial area - the old club model? It seems those still around formed decades, if not more than a century ago, for the primary purposes of hunting and fishing. Why can't this model work for the 'modern recreationists' such as paddlers, hikers and skiers?

Comment

They're afraid someone will disobey the No Trespass signs

Originally posted by fisher39 View Post
        I'm sure you're half joking, but whatever happened to people with shared interests getting together to purchase, maintain and enjoy a substantial area - the old club model? It seems those still around formed decades, if not more than a century ago, for the primary purposes of hunting and fishing. Why can't this model work for the 'modern recreationists' such as paddlers, hikers and skiers?

Comment

Originally posted by Alpine1 View Post
          They're afraid someone will disobey the No Trespass signs
          Ha, no one says they have to put them up!

Comment

Originally posted by fisher39 View Post
            I'm sure you're half joking, but whatever happened to people with shared interests getting together to purchase, maintain and enjoy a substantial area - the old club model?
            Fisher...I don't joke about real estate, it could be a reasonable business model.
            I mentioned the Schenectady Wintersports Club...a group of like minded skiers chipped in and bought a large farmhouse in Vermont...their mortgage has been paid off for years. Anyone in the club can stay and eat for a low cost, and enjoy each others' company as well.

Comment

Did anyone hear the outcome of the auction? I think it was supposed to be march 15th.

Comment

Originally posted by bethfit View Post
                Did anyone hear the outcome of the auction? I think it was supposed to be march 15th.

Beth,

Here you go:

“Once there were brook trout in the streams in the mountains. They smelled of moss in your hand. On their backs were vermiculate patterns that were maps of the world in its becoming. Maps and mazes. Of a thing which could not be put back. Not be made right again. In the deep glens where they lived all things were older than man and they hummed of mystery.”
                ― Cormac McCarthy

Comment

Thanks Glen! That's pretty interesting. I wonder if there was a minimum bid beyond the $100,000 deposit?

Comment

Working...
                  X