Trip Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report

Have you ever had an adventure although small it just packs a punch? Or better yet fills your shoes with mud. Today was that day for me. I got out of work super early and rolled north to Inlet, NY.…
    Visit me at: www.adirondackjoe.wordpress.com
    Whats the matter Col. Sanders, Chicken!

Thanks for sharing. Looks like a great trip.

Comment

Great trip

Thank you for the compliments, super fun adventure!

Comment

Last Hurrah too...

Paddled the Brown's Tract Inlet off Racquette Lake on Sat 10/21. It was 71 degrees and the lake itself was pretty calm and still, hardly any boats at all.
        Met only one canoe coming in from other end near the boardwalk, otherwise had the place to myself on a gorgeous bluebird day. When going over one of the beaver dams I stepped on what I thought was fairly solid bottom and sank my right leg right up to my waist in muck. I quickly extricated and got over the dam and luckily it was warm enough that my nylon pants and shorts dried out pretty quick. Did a good washout when I got home and hung everything up to dry for the season. Probably not going to see another 70+ day up north for awhile.
        Rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy

Comment

Getting the Muck Out

I did Brown's Tract on 9/30 and it was windy. Came in from Raquette lake and had to bum rush that first beaver dam. There was another I had to exit the canoe for but fortunately I stayed dry. Went all the way to the dock and back. Super fun paddle! However back in 2015 on the Essex Chain I wasn't so lucky..

I think I'm done with my Adirondack paddling for this season. Still hoping to get in a few more here in central NY.

Joe

Comment

Working...
          X