LAST CALL! Pine Barrens Functional Freestyle Canoeing Workshop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAST CALL! Pine Barrens Functional Freestyle Canoeing Workshop

Last call to register for the Pine Barrens Functional Freeestyle Canoeing Workshop ---October 13-15 in Medford NJ. Learn to "paddle like the devil", or to beat the devil (The Jersey Devil) on the narrow, twisty streams of the Pine Barrens Preserve. Reserve your spot now, while there is still time. Full details at http://freestylecanoeing.com/pine-barrens-workshop/

BONUS!
    The long range weather forecast looks great.

There is some great paddling in the Pine Barrens...paddled the Mullica many times. Enjoy!!

Comment

I just got back from the Functional Freestyle Workshop, my second time, and it was a absolute ball!!!! It's the most perfect atmosphere to learn and practice the new techniques acquired in class imaginable. The streams are beautiful, the paddling superb and the instruction is bar non the best ever! Student to instructor ratios are very small and individualised attention is the order of the day. Following an instructor and being followed assures proper technique and timing. I can't say enough good things about this course. Can't wait till next year!!!!!

Regards,
      Jamie

Comment

The following summary is from Bruce Kemp.

"The 2017 edition of the Pine Barrens Functional FreeStyle Canoeing Workshop was one of our best events ever. A fine student group of able paddlers who quickly picked up on the fundamentals of FS technique, and in particular how to use and vary those techniques in real-life, moving water paddling. It was a Joy, on the river, to watch them employ, experiment with, and modify what had been taught in the classes - but also to then take those principles and expand on them, on their own, to meet a particular paddling situation. A quintessential illustration of the process of becoming "fluent in paddling". Y'all shoulda been there, we a great time..."

Photos are available on the Freestyle Canoeing Facebook page.

Comment

Working...
        X