Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Indian Lake Islands campsites "feel more remote" during the offseason?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would Indian Lake Islands campsites "feel more remote" during the offseason?

Particularly a few on the southeast side, abutting the Siamese Ponds Wilderness?

I'm looking at a few paddling / backpacking combos and this is one I've considered, paddling to a campsite near the trailhead to John Mack Pond / Long Pond, camping, then backpacking in to John Mack or Long Pond for a single overnight...then doing it in reverse on day 3 and 4.

Will this "feel" remote?

Will motorboat activity have died down significantly by mid October?

Will we run into a lot of people?

John Mack Pond trail in pretty decent shape?

Originally posted by forest dweller View Post

Particularly a few on the southeast side, abutting the Siamese Ponds Wilderness?

I'm looking at a few paddling / backpacking combos and this is one I've considered, paddling to a campsite near the trailhead to John Mack Pond / Long Pond, camping, then backpacking in to John Mack or Long Pond for a single overnight...then doing it in reverse on day 3 and 4.

Will this "feel" remote?

Will motorboat activity have died down significantly by mid October?

Will we run into a lot of people?

John Mack Pond trail in pretty decent shape?
    Yes, yes, yes, yes, no, yes respectively IMO.
    My YouTube channel

Comment

Thanks bioguide.

Comment

I took this pic from the boat launch on the South end of Indian Lake last Sat afternoon (10/14). Not a boat in site.
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X