Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > Outdoors Related Discussion > Gear, Food, and Survival Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2018, 05:10 AM   #21
wiiawiwb

I was not believer but often heard hikers rave about Wrangler. I almost pulled the trigger on a Sitka Ascent pant but at $189 I was not thrilled. I ended up trying the Wrangler Outdoor Flex Pant and got it for $17. I think list is $25. Bought several of them.

They are fantastic. I like my Kuhl Renegade better when it is 80F and above as they are lighter. For hiking in temperatures below that, I absolutely love the Wranglers. I was glad to eat my words and save a ton of cash in the process. Super comfortable.

https://www.wrangler.com/shop/men-pa...tionId=NW780BL
wiiawiwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 05:42 AM   #22
JohnnyVirgil

Quote:
Originally Posted by webby459 View Post
Sorry to bump a zombie thread, but does anyone have a reco on Army/Navy stores to check in the general capital district for some sort of wool pants? \.
I'm glad you did -- I missed this great info the first time around. Commence pants shopping in 5, 4, 3...
JohnnyVirgil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 12:28 PM   #23
Justin
Moving along

Quote:
Originally Posted by webby459 View Post
...does anyone have a reco on Army/Navy stores to check in the general capital district for some sort of wool pants?
I was at the Mohawk Army & Navy in Latham earlier today purchasing a new pair of boots... No wool pants to speak of. Everything was either “Carhartt” or “Tactical” brands.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 06:44 PM   #24
Blackflie

When I first started going into the hills it was common to wear breeks or plus twos as I recall. Not sure if this option is even still available.