Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Hunting and Fishing in the Adirondacks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2018, 06:28 PM   #1
ADKpikebuster

Big Woods Buck

All right folks have I got a buck story to tell you so buckle up and make sure your boots are tied because this one will knock your socks off. Now I know I’m a little late on the deliverance of this story and left a lot of pikebuster fans wondering how my deer season turned out. Well after much anticipation here it is...it all started in the deep parts of the ADKs. I like to get good and lost before I start hunting it just makes the trips more interesting. So there I was lost as hell not really knowing where is was headed. All I knew is I was heading to buck country, where the bucks are as big as Buicks and a man could feed a family of 10 for a whole year off one buck. So put on the lard and onions I’m gonna gut a buck. Now when I hunt I like to coat my self in doe piss, that way the bucks come to me and I have to fight them off. I know what your thinkin “pikebuster you’re a nut” well that might be true but by my logic you have to be a bit of a nut to be baggin deer with nuts. I got to the spot where I knew there’d be a chance to give a deer a good ol dirt nap. Then within a few minutes there he was he was, so rutiful so beautiful and he was comin right for me. So I got down on one knee I knew this deer wanted a fight, I had to steady my nerves. He had one of his main beams bust off, no doubt he’d been head buttin’ tree huggers (they have pretty thick heads). So I checked the wind, made sure the barometric pressure was just right because this was gonna be one heck of a shot. I figured that he was at least 20 yards away, not an easy shot at all. I leveled off on his front shoulder, placed my booger hook on bang switch and then I proceeded to bring the hate. He ran a bit then went down, then the real work began, i quartered him up tore the head off the body of the deer because I didn’t have a saw to cut the horns off the head(that would have made it too easy which isn’t how I operate). Now first things first before I started the hike back, I always carry a Busch light with me, it’s apart of my survival pack. So I sat there had a beer and thought about the 12 plus miles I had to take this deer to my truck. But then again that’s what hunting the ADKs are all about. Until next year
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg D570F23B-08DF-470E-A230-7B41CE3B3F03.jpeg (84.6 KB, 236 views)
File Type: jpeg 333209AA-874F-4BF7-8468-A8A68DF23F74.jpeg (142.2 KB, 234 views)

I used to drink a lot. I still do...but I used to, too

http://youtu.be/DJH8iMb2YXk YEEFRICKINYEEE "
ADKpikebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 06:34 PM   #2
geogymn

Nice story, nice buck! Busch lite???
Old 01-21-2018, 07:15 PM   #3
bioguide

Congrats Pikebuster. I enjoyed the read and photos.
Old 01-21-2018, 09:05 PM   #4
wildbrookies

Loved this new epic saga of a story! You need to write a book. Beautiful bug Adk. Buck! Congrats. Made me laugh a bit even while watching my Vikings get destroyed!! Thanks!
"Get your mind off trout,if you can.I know they`ve got you.I can see it. Every fraternity of sufferers knows its brothers.Trout hook men;men don`t hook trout.Better try and throw the hook while you can.By the time you`re a grown man there probably won`t be a pure trout healthy enough to fiddle with"... Quote from Emerson in the book "The Earth Is Enough"by Harry Middleton
wildbrookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 10:30 PM   #5
Stillhunter

Nice buck Pikebuster! 12 miles back in. That is some serious distance. Way to go.
Stillhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 10:37 PM   #6
ADKpikebuster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillhunter View Post
Nice buck Pikebuster! 12 miles back in. That is some serious distance. Way to go.
Thanks, I had to make 2 trips so I tied the head and a bag of meat in a tree so I figured I had about 12 miles in total hiking

I used to drink a lot. I still do...but I used to, too

http://youtu.be/DJH8iMb2YXk YEEFRICKINYEEE "
ADKpikebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 09:23 AM   #7
Stillhunter

Good hard work on a successful hunt adds to the memory. Great story. Only 9 months to next rifle season!
Stillhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 11:17 AM   #8
Tug Hill

Arrow

Congratulations on your buck. But why did you quarter him ? Jim Massett would have threw him on his back and carried him 12 miles without taking a break.
Tug Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 06:38 PM   #9
vtflyfish
Brookie Addict

Excellent story, pikebuster. Like shooting fish in a barrel except its all on dry land!
Old 01-22-2018, 07:16 PM   #10
Robin

That was a good read, good writing. Nice buck again. I need to start drinking again.
Old 01-23-2018, 12:07 AM   #11
Connecticut Yankee
Connecticut Yankee

Good thin you imbibe in Bud Lite, the regular Bud would be a real drag on a 12 mile drag....

Very nice buck,
even if it was 50' from the tailgate of your Toyota Tacoma,

(I find it much easier to carry out a couple of 6 oz. quail, heck , I even make the Jack the dog carry out one of 'em,)

John M
Connecticut Yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 08:49 AM   #12
Adirondackhunter

Good job buddy, it's an accomplishment to get em in them woods
Adirondackhunter is offline   Reply With Quote