Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Hunting and Fishing in the Adirondacks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2012, 02:18 PM   #1

Fly fisher folks

May be a good time to stock up on line this year . Cortland as a city may still be struggling with a loss of mfg jobs and companies , bout one is getting a boost and I bet they would like your support .

http://www.anglingtrade.com/2012/07/...ate-investors/

Quote:
Industry Update: Cortland Line Company Rescued by Private Investors
Posted on 07/26/2012 by admin

On July 20th, Cortland Lines announced that it had been purchased by a group of private investors. The investors plan to infuse capital into the company to allow one of fishing oldest brands to continue. Brian Ward will remain the company’s CEO and focus on client relationships and growing an overseas customer base.

Randy Brown, the new chief operating officer, will handle internal operations, including reviewing manufacturing and marketing practices. Randy sees a bright future ahead for Cortland Line Company. “This is not a long shot but rather an exceptionally attractive opportunity with lots of potential,” Randy said. “I think we can begin to focus on growing the business and earning back market share within the next twelve months. We have all the necessary ingredients: working capital, viable product, a good reputation, a loyal customer base, and most importantly, a dedicated, knowledgeable staff.”

“The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.” —Herbert Spencer

1894 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:06 PM   #2
vtflyfish
Brookie Addict

Doh! I never put the line company and the town together. The world of lines has gone crazy over the past few years. I hope that Cortland sticks to basics and doesn't spread it self too thin. All they really need is a new coating or surface technology.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:51 PM   #3
Rusty and the Maniac

Good, I like Cortland stuff. I have a nice 9wt rod i use for salmons and warm water fish and use a few of their lines too.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:47 PM   #4
Creekwader
Snag Locator

I was beginning to get worried about them as I noticed that their product offerings were noticeably lagging their competitors. The products also seemed to be less available from various big distributors. Hopefully this investment puts them on the right track. It is obvious that their R&D effort has been suffering.
Creekwader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:16 PM   #5
Edb 46 er

I have a wonderful Cortland fly rod that was purchased as my second rod. Cortland 9', 5wt. Blue Sapphire. It is absolutely a beautiful rod. I put Cortland fly rods on par with some of Orvis fly rods.