Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Hunting and Fishing in the Adirondacks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2008, 09:15 AM   #1

Hook ,line ,and sinker. A streamside story

Sat afternoon on the way to camp I saw a scene that made me think of the hard core fishermen (and women) here on the forum. Not far outside the blue line is a public access spot for fishing the Little Black creek , I pass by it most every trip to and from camp.
Saturday , there were several cars in the usually almost empty parking spot. A few yards upstream , on a big flat rock by the waters edge was what looked like a wedding , Yup , white wedding dress , tuxedos , minister , small crowd of folks. I resisted the urge to take their picture , but Monday on the way home I grabbed a shot of the scene. The bride and groom were standing near the water on the big flat rock ( about the middle of the pic ). It was a beautifull sunny day , not cloudy like Monday when I took this pic.
Congrats to the new bride and groom

“The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.” —Herbert Spencer

1894 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 12:29 PM   #2
Swamp Booger

That's cool!! Wish you had grabbed a pic of them!!! Weddings take place on ocean beaches, why not at a spot like that!?!?
Swamp Booger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 12:35 PM   #3
adktyler
previously adk88

I've always thought it would be a great idea to get married in a place like that. I'm not a huge fan of tradition, and I love the Adirondacks, so why not combine those things and get married at a spot like this one! Kudos to creative people!
Old 10-14-2008, 12:43 PM   #4
skichucky
I Heart Freshies

i got married at the top of mt. mansfield. my bassett hound from childhood was my bestman, and my wife and our dog was also "in" the wedding, they both wore doggie tuxes. we had a total of 11 people there, all immediate family and thats it. the way to go. stress free, BBQ at the house after!!!!!!! just had our 3rd anniversary, no regrets to they way we did it.
skichucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 03:13 PM   #5
adktyler
previously adk88

Quote:
Originally Posted by skichucky View Post
i got married at the top of mt. mansfield. my bassett hound from childhood was my bestman, and my wife and our dog was also "in" the wedding, they both wore doggie tuxes. we had a total of 11 people there, all immediate family and thats it. the way to go. stress free, BBQ at the house after!!!!!!! just had our 3rd anniversary, no regrets to they way we did it.
That's SO cool! Awesome, man
Old 10-14-2008, 04:57 PM   #6
Creekwader
Snag Locator

Lotsa little brookies in those plunge pools! Good shad berries in the spring too right next to the rock where they tied the knot.
Creekwader is offline   Reply With Quote