Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Paddling in the Adirondacks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2017, 02:49 PM   #1
richard p

Ledge Pond

Hey everyone. I have never made it up to Ledge Pond (off of Long Pond) in the SRCA. I will be in the area the last week of July and was wondering if anyone wanted to make the effort as a small group. Not sure if my wife and daughter will want to go, but I am game. Now that I think of it - can it be done with a 16.5 ft kevlar boat? I have a pack boat for a solo adventure but I would need the canoe for the family. Thanks.
richard p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 04:46 PM   #2
stripperguy
Hangin' by a thread

I did it with a 16'8" DY Special!
Up on the ridge it's a tight fit (or was, about 6 years ago), I had to roll my boat on edge to fit through. On my return to Pink, I stayed lower in elevation, along the outlet of Ledge, and sunk to my knees in the boggy mess. I have photos, somewhere...
Old 05-04-2017, 09:45 PM   #3
Ryan Ball
NYOutdoors

i have done it twice from pink, apparently there is a road that gets you closer idk met some guys coming in from another direction and they thought i was crazy doing the carry i did.....idk. Either way i fished it twice two dif times of year and got skunked both times.
Ryan Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 07:46 AM   #4
58rover

ledge

There is a good trail to ledge, no longer have to go through the quick sand ha ha. I sank in waist deep in it years ago befor they moved the trail. It's a little tricky to find start of trail.
58rover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 07:47 AM   #5
58rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Ball View Post
i have done it twice from pink, apparently there is a road that gets you closer idk met some guys coming in from another direction and they thought i was crazy doing the carry i did.....idk. Either way i fished it twice two dif times of year and got skunked both times.
Think the road you note is on private hunting club land.
Old 06-25-2017, 03:18 PM   #6
Sinite

Did it last year while field testing a new 16" Hornbeck. Getting all the gear onto land from a shallow finger of Pink Pond was slightly tricky, but not bad. This year there is a lot more water too, so I bet it will be easier. No sinking in the mud. Nice spot! Enjoy.
Sinite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 05:58 PM   #7
58rover

I have carried an 18'-6" long x 39" wide GRB T3 in there a few times no problem.
Old 07-01-2017, 10:57 PM   #8
John P

See this thread:
http://www.adkforum.com/showthread.php?t=12139

The GPS screen capture image isn't available any more, sorry.
Old 07-02-2017, 05:40 PM   #9
58rover

that write up is what it was like years ago. Very easy to follow trail once you find it off middle stream coming into Pink.