Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Paddling in the Adirondacks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2017, 10:08 AM   #21
Connecticut Yankee
Connecticut Yankee

Always enjoy your stories and exceptional photos.

The SRCA is my favorite area to paddle. Some say it is over crowded, but, I don't find it to be so, but then I'm never there on weekends and usually on the shoulder seasons. I was hoping to get up in the next week or two, but am really busy at work lately but hope to get up first or 2'nd week of June, Black Flies keep the crowds down then, but the fly fishing picks up.
John M
Connecticut Yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 03:21 PM   #22
Sinite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeper View Post
I think we are going to get the never ending story in bit and fits, thankfully I have a bowl of popcorn.

When we were at the end of that boardwalk last there were 4 lads who had just graduated from some college. They had broken a paddle crossing Clear, one of the canoes, with 3-4" of rocker had a hole in it, the cane seats were broken and enough mold on it to scare a ranger. The fifth member of group fail to show up and of course he had the tent. By the time they got all their gear to the end of the carry they had 3 cases of PBR, a 1/2 gallon of Black Velvet, 2 boxes of Wine and a large plastic with enough Chef Boyardee to fill a thunder box, one way or the other! They asked us where the Leanto was, we headed towards Green Pond.

But Continue SG.
Oof! Some people should stick to the back yard!
Sinite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 08:41 PM   #23
tuccarammahacking

Really nice canoes and photos stripperguy. I stayed at Fish Creek campground once. I didn't do any portaging around though. Whatever waters were connected were good enough. Who paddles that white canoe and does the water stain it?
tuccarammahacking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 10:10 PM   #24
stripperguy
Hangin' by a thread

Mr. mahacking,
Thanks for the compliments...that white canoe is mine.
I built that a few months ago, ran a thread while building it here
I've paddled it quite a bit since that first time out in April, it's gotten dirty and scratched yes, stained? Not that I can tell.

Next time you're up at Fish Creek campground, venture a tad north to the designated wilderness paddling, you'll find a whole nuther world!
Old 08-18-2017, 05:43 PM   #25
Pmo

Nine Carries trip..

Awesome report Stripper Guy. My son and I just did the "Nine Carries" this past week, our first such trip together - Put in at Little Clear Pond to St. Regis to Ochre to Fish to Little Fish, Little Long, Kit Fox to Nellie to Bessie, take out at south end of Long Pond. Three nights, four days. Beautiful. Loons were plentiful and vocal. Weather was pristine save for a short shower one of the days. Fishing was only disappointment. Trout non-existent. Got into a few feisty smallmouth on last day in Long Pond with fly rod and black bass popper. A couple tough portages. Had an Old Town Camper - big fella. Next time I'm bringing a smaller (lighter) boat. Met some great people along the way on the trail and the water - especially the folks we shared some peanut butter cups with

Ribs and beer at Raquette River Brewing Company on the way home after four days of dehydrated meals was amazing too If you haven't stopped there, do so.

Thanks for everyones advice during the planning stages. You guys are the best of the best. I'll post some pics soon.

Pat (Pmo)
Rochester, NY
Pmo is offline   Reply With Quote