Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > General Forum Related Topics > Forum News and Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2015, 08:57 PM   #1
Kyler
Admin

ADKHighPeaks Forum Maintenance

We will be performing an upgrade to the forum software on ADKHighPeaks tonight (Friday, the 17th), starting at 9PM EST. The forum will be unavailable starting at that time. We will have the forum back on-line once the upgrade is complete.

Status Updates

Any significant status updates will be posted here and on the Foundation's Facebook page.

What Does This Mean?

We are currently running software version 3.8.3, which was released in 2009. We will be upgrading to version 5.1.6, which is the most recent stable version. This will give us a lot of new forum features, in addition to making sure that we don't get caught in a software incompatibility situation, should our web host perform a server upgrade that breaks some aspect of the forum.

What to Expect

Once the upgrade is complete, and the forum is back on-line, it will have a different look and feel. Our current maroon and yellow color scheme cannot be directly transferred to the new software, so initially, we will be using an out-of-the box scheme. We will be implementing the maroon and yellow color scheme, but it may take us some time to get that implemented, so bear with us.

The Thanks button and all of the Thank Yous on existing posts could cease to exist. The Thanks button is a third party add-on to the forum software, so it is unclear how that will work with the new software. We will have a Thanks button of some sort in the new software, but it may not be the same as the current version. We will do our best to restore all of the old Thank Yous, but we can't make any promises.

Wiki user accounts piggy-back off of forums user accounts. When the upgrade is complete, the bridge between accounts will be broken. That link will be restored at some point, but it may take some time to get it put back in place. During the time that the bridge is broken, the wiki will still be available for viewing, but not editing.
Kyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 12:11 AM   #2
Kyler
Admin

The ADKHighPeaks Forum is back online. It has a very different look and feel currently. We'll be working to make it look a little more familiar, as well as address any issues that we find.
Old 04-18-2015, 08:59 AM   #3
JoeCedar

Thanks, Kyler for your efforts! I am able to access the site using the Safari browser on iPad.

I am not able to access ADKHP using the Tapatalk app in iPad. I tried deleting the site and adding it back, logging out of Tapatalk, restarting the iPad, and I cannot get ADKHP to open. With all the trials, ADKFORUM opens successfully and I can login as usual.

Do you have any suggestions on how to get ADKHP running again in Tapatalk v. 3.0?

Thanks!
Joe
JoeCedar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 09:59 AM   #4
Kyler
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCedar View Post
I am not able to access ADKHP using the Tapatalk app in iPad. I tried deleting the site and adding it back, logging out of Tapatalk, restarting the iPad, and I cannot get ADKHP to open. With all the trials, ADKFORUM opens successfully and I can login as usual.

Do you have any suggestions on how to get ADKHP running again in Tapatalk v. 3.0?
I think that as part of the upgrade Tapatalk is no longer installed on the forum side. The same applies for ForumRunner. I need to get those both reinstalled, and then everything should be fine. So, there is no need to make any changes on your side.
Old 04-18-2015, 10:01 AM   #5
Kyler
Admin

It looks like we are currently hitting some bumps in the road with a message of "Critical Error - We are currently experiencing technical difficulties. Please check back in 24 hours." I hope to have the site back in less than 24 hours.
Old 04-18-2015, 11:14 AM   #6
Kyler
Admin

Tapatalk and ForumRunner at both available now. However, I am unable to log in to my account with Tapatalk right now.
Old 04-18-2015, 01:26 PM   #7
JoeCedar

ADKHighPeaks Forum Maintenance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyler View Post
Tapatalk and ForumRunner at both available now. However, I am unable to log in to my account with Tapatalk right now.

Thanks! I am now able to see the forum and posts via Tapatalk, but login "could not be completed". We're getting there.
JoeCedar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 08:33 PM   #8
BillyGr

Not working at all - just a screen with a few words when you go to the main page.
BillyGr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 07:20 AM   #9
WinterWarlock
One foot in front of the other

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyGr View Post
Not working at all - just a screen with a few words when you go to the main page.
Geoff has isolated the major problem, mostly related to the upgrade and how it queries the database. Hoping to get that resolved today - stay tuned!
Old 04-21-2015, 10:49 AM   #10
kwc
loser

Question

I didn't see any link to ADKForum on the new High Peaks forum set-up ... Or links to anything else (like the Foundation page, etc.). Or am I missing something?

Once a year, go some where you've never been before.
kwc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 12:39 PM   #11
WinterWarlock
One foot in front of the other

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwc View Post
I didn't see any link to ADKForum on the new High Peaks forum set-up ... Or links to anything else (like the Foundation page, etc.). Or am I missing something?
It'll be there - Geoff is tweaking the settings and the layout now...and there is a big change from our previous version to this new version. Be happy - ADKHP are the guinea pigs...once it's wired over there, we'll be able to breeze through it here!
Old 04-21-2015, 01:06 PM   #12
kwc
loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterWarlock View Post
It'll be there - Geoff is tweaking the settings and the layout now...and there is a big change from our previous version to this new version. Be happy - ADKHP are the guinea pigs...once it's wired over there, we'll be able to breeze through it here!
Great! Thanks!

Once a year, go some where you've never been before.
kwc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 01:22 PM   #13
Kyler
Admin

Login from the Tapatalk mobile app should be working now.