Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > General Forum Related Topics > ADK Forum Classifieds
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2019, 11:26 AM   #1
snapper
snapper

Lightheart Gear SoLong 6 shelter

I purchased this tent off of another board back in November so have never had it out. It was used a few times by the previous owner and it looks to be in very good shape. My reason for selling? I thought I'd like the extra room for me and my dog but her training isn't going as well as I'd hoped. For that reason I'd like to get this out to someone who can use it.

This tent came with lots of extras: seam sealing, stakes, the carbon fiber awning pole and a Tyvek ground sheet. All you need to supply are the poles; either theirs or your own trekking poles. Right now this tent retails for $298.00 with no extras. I'd like to sell it for $260.00; which is less than I paid for it. If it's any help, I'll even pick up the shipping in the USA. Total weight for this package is 2 lbs. 9 oz.

If you're interested, please contact me via this forum. Thanks!

That's all for now. Take care and until next time...be well.

snapper

PS - Here is the link to the LightHeart Gear website: https://lightheartgear.com/products/lightheart-solong-6
snapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 10:09 AM   #2
snapper
snapper

At this point, I'm open to "best offers" for the shelter. Anything above $200.00 would work for me so contact me if you're interested.

snapper
Old 05-28-2019, 11:53 AM   #3
snapper
snapper

Hmmm; seems few people are into overnight trips at the moment. That said, anyone who might be tempted...this is now $175.00 and I'll pick up the shipping fees as well.

snapper
Old 05-28-2019, 12:41 PM   #4
IndLk_Brett

For anyone considering this tent:

I've been using the Solong for a year and a half now and it's a great shelter! I really could not be more happy with mine.

It's crafted with high quality and is incredibly spacious for a single person tent. The awning comes in super handy during bad weather and the vestibule on the other side is easily large enough to cover your pack. Weight is pretty good too. With stakes, awning pole, stuff sack and seam sealed (no poles - I use my trekking poles for set-up) mine comes in at 34.6 oz. Not the lightest out there, but certainly manageable.

Good luck with the sale Snapper- that's a great price for that shelter. If no one bites on here maybe try r/ULgeartrade over on Reddit. A lot of potential buyers on the lookout over there.

Last edited by IndLk_Brett; 05-28-2019 at 08:17 PM..
IndLk_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 09:53 AM   #5
snapper
snapper

IndLK_Brett - Thanks for chiming in and letting people know about your good experience with this shelter. Hopefully it will get some folks interested. I'll also take your suggestion of the Reddit site and see what happens. Not knowing the address, do you have a link to where I could post it on that site?

snapper
Old 05-29-2019, 11:46 AM   #6
IndLk_Brett

You're welcome Snapper. Lightheart is a great, made in USA, company and Judy (the owner, creater, tent maker) has been fantastic in every dealing I've had with her. Helping a forum member out and encouraging people to give Lightheart a shot at the same time is win/win IMO.

As for Reddit I'll PM you. I feel a bit awkward posting a 'how to' for a different messaging site right here on this one..
IndLk_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 07:14 AM   #7
bioguide

Hey Snapper, I sent you a PM about the tent.
Old 06-10-2019, 11:51 AM   #8
snapper
snapper

Kelly - Thanks. I replied via a PM. Didn't realize your note only came in this morning as I apologized for not replying sooner. Guess I should look a bit more closely at timestamps (LOL).

snapper
Old 06-10-2019, 03:12 PM   #9
bioguide

Snapper, I sent a follow-up reply.
Old 06-13-2019, 04:10 PM   #10
snapper
snapper

The tent has sold. Thanks to everyone who helped me out along the way.

snapper