Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Hiking in the Adirondacks > Northville Placid Trail
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2019, 05:01 PM   #1
Numnum
It's All Good

NPT - Jessup River Rd - Trailhead

Can anyone validate the accessibility of this trailhead the later part of September, first week of October? Curious if it gets closed during hiking season, or for any other reason.

I'm assuming it is accessible via pickup truck, or passenger car.

Looking to schedule a food drop at some point then.
If by chance some day you're not feeling well and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose has been fulfilled.
Red Skelton
Numnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 06:23 PM   #2
DSettahr
ɹǝqɯǝɯ

I assume you mean the road running west out of Perkins Clearing? It's usually open from some time in May through about the end of hunting season. It does occasionally get closed during that time if there's a lot of logging activity going on in the Perkins Clearing Easement, but this is pretty infrequent/rare (and is usually announced by the DEC well in advance). The road is usually passable by a pickup truck. A low-clearance car can probably make it OK but they'd be well advised to go slow and watch for rocks and/or deep ruts.

It is sort of a weird and out of the way spot for a food drop, though. Piseco and Route 8 are at most a full days travel further south.
DSettahr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 08:21 PM   #3
Numnum
It's All Good

Yes that road.

I’ll be northbound, and after looking at the map more it makes a lot more sense to resupply on route 8 in Piseco.
If by chance some day you're not feeling well and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose has been fulfilled.
Red Skelton
Old 03-17-2019, 09:28 PM   #4
TCD

Don't know where you are located. We were in Glens Falls when we set up resupply in Piseco in 07. The Irondequoit Inn folks were super helpful and more than happy to hold our supplies for us. Because we were "local" it was easy to just drive the supplies up there a week before, and not have to fritz with all the trouble of the Post Office and its very restrictive hours.

(Did the same thing in Long Lake - Hoss's Country Store was happy to help; no Post Office challenges needed.)
TCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 05:14 AM   #5
Numnum
It's All Good

That is a viable option, TCD. I'll be heading down from Plattsburgh, my wife will be my deliverer of goods. Thanks for the tip, I'll follow up on that.
Red Skelton