Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Hunting and Fishing in the Adirondacks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-19-2018, 07:23 AM   #16
wiiawiwb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounder45 View Post
Apologies. You recommended a 10mm, but my point still stands: .357ís terminal ballistics easily match or outright exceed those of 10mm. Why do you consider .357 underpowered?Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The ballistics are similar but I would argue the terminal ballistics weigh in favor of the 10mm. The .357 bullet has a diameter .358 bullet while the 10mm is .400. The 10mm punches a bigger hole which means faster blood loss. That is why I would always choose a 45 Colt over a 44 magnum. Bigger hole.

Some people handle recoil differently but in my long-slide Glock 40MOS, there is literally almost no recoil. My 9mm jumps around more than the 10mm.

The concept behind a big bore handgun is you will get the same or better results from one round than with several in a smaller caliber. One and done.

The arguments favoring a smaller caliber are that it recoils less and maybe, just maybe, you can get off multiple rounds. If you can, you can be on target faster for the next round. In an ugly situation, such as a surprise attack from an injured animal in the brush, you may only have time to spin around, aim, and fire one round. In that case, you want to make the most of it and recoil is irrelevant because you won't have time for a second shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9bMdXxn4RU

Size matters.

Last edited by wiiawiwb; 03-19-2018 at 08:01 AM..
wiiawiwb is offline   Reply With Quote