Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DuctTape View Post
    Some might say one is too many.
    I guess one could say I went on one too many trips...& maybe I'm still doing a couple of them...(talking about the camping type)...

We should do another one partner....I enjoyed your company.....

Comment

Originally posted by paddlewheel View Post
      I guess one could say I went on one too many trips...& maybe I'm still doing a couple of them...(talking about the camping type)...

We should do another one partner....I enjoyed your company.....

There's a whisper on the night-wind, there's a star agleam to guide us,
      And the Wild is calling, calling . . . let us go.
      "There's a whisper on the night-wind, there's a star agleam to guide us, And the Wild is calling, calling . . . let us go." -from "The Call of the Wild" by Robert Service

My trail journal: DuctTape's Journal

Comment

There's a whisper on the night-wind, there's a star agleam to guide us,
        And the Wild is calling, calling . . . let us go.
        oh man.....my last girl friend used to talk in riddles like that.....I had to put a anchor /w/a chain on her left ankle and float test her in Schroon Lake....

Damn....she didn't float at all....................

Comment

No riddle. The Call of the Wild.
          "There's a whisper on the night-wind, there's a star agleam to guide us, And the Wild is calling, calling . . . let us go." -from "The Call of the Wild" by Robert Service

My trail journal: DuctTape's Journal

Comment

No riddle. The Call of the Wild.
            The call of the wild huh?.....well....

The Northern Lights have seen queer sights
            but the queerest they ever did see
            Was the night on the marge by Lake Labarge...
            I cremated Russ McGee......

but damn.....he was so full of ham & cheese sandwhiches he only smoldered...

so ...I left him there...

Whatdothink....?....am I the new Robert Service????
            Last edited by paddlewheel; 02-26-2011, 11:08 PM.

Comment

lol.... I'll have to tease Russ at work tomorrow.

Comment

I believe there is a lot of gold in the Adirondacks and Catskills, here is a quote from an article I found and postedthe link too:

"Although gold is known to occur in New York State; a law dating back to the birth of the United States in 1776 dictates that any gold found in the state will remain the property of the State of New York. The effect of this law that is still on the books has acted as a damper on any efforts to find gold."

Although gold is known to occur in New York State a law dating back to the birth of the United States in 1776 dictates that any gold fou...
                **BANNED**

Comment

Great. All we need is some pea-brained leader in the state proposing we tear up the landscape in an effort to balance the state budget.

Comment

Originally posted by dundee View Post
                    On the southern part of the NP, there is a stream called "Goldmine". I've read where someone once thought gold was there; don't know the details, just know where the stream is.

There is an old goldmine up in there. I've been there many times. As a matter of fact, I camped there and shot a spikehorn right next to the ruins back in the 60s. Some of the machinery still exists. Don't know if they took any gold or not but It's a fact that there was a gold mine there. Of course, the old tote trail has long since grown up. You sort of have to know where it's at.

Comment

Working...
                    X