Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Hunting and Fishing in the Adirondacks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2012, 10:34 AM   #1
KayderossZ

Finally something to post!

Been hanging out on this site for a while but it seems my fishing luck has been poor for the last year so I haven't had much to post. Finally, on the way home from a pond trip (where I was skunked), my buddy took me to a wonderful spot on the river for a couple of casts. On about the 20th cast, whack. Funny how that one fish made my trip escalate from "good" to "fantastic".
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P5050368.jpg (145.8 KB, 241 views)
Old 05-08-2012, 12:12 PM   #2
Gman

That is a real nice stream brookie! Looks about 14"
Gman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:56 PM   #3
mar71

KZ Awesome catch, man thats a beauty. I would expect a brookie like that from a pond not a river.
mar71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:58 PM   #4
Hamj

Nice fish that is great for a stream Brookie.
Hamj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:15 PM   #5
geogymn

nice fish!
Old 05-08-2012, 05:36 PM   #6
wildbrookies

Yeah, I know the feeling Kaydeross...caught some trout on just one trip out in 4,but really nothing worth posting...and got skunked the last 3 times in a row ,locally..I say this every year but it seems to take forever for this river to wake up...water temp. was just pushing 50F which isn`t bad...gotta be close ...but now the rivers must be blown out...remember not too long ago we were praying for water...now ,gotta wait for it to recede..Good `ole Mother Nature way of balancing things out ,I guess..
"Get your mind off trout,if you can.I know they`ve got you.I can see it. Every fraternity of sufferers knows its brothers.Trout hook men;men don`t hook trout.Better try and throw the hook while you can.By the time you`re a grown man there probably won`t be a pure trout healthy enough to fiddle with"... Quote from Emerson in the book "The Earth Is Enough"by Harry Middleton
wildbrookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:28 PM   #7
KayderossZ

Yeah, I was shocked to pull that fish out of there. But I have seen some monsters come out other spots in relatively the same area. 2 years ago, the same buddy who put me on that fish pulled a gigantic beautiful rainbow from a spot right around the corner.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:22 PM   #8
Skinney
Natives

Beautiful Brookie KayderossZ! I caught 2 out of a local stream (13" & 13.5") a few seasons back. I know their in the 'dacks that size but I only knew of 1 other person catching a 14" Brookie out of a stream locally. After 4 years of fishing many streams and rivers and trekking through everything (literally), I caught the 2 above 2 weeks apart from each other. A fish like that will usually make anyone's day, lol, even after being skunked for the whole day prior to!