Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Hunting and Fishing in the Adirondacks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2012, 09:03 PM   #1
Hamj

IN THE LOOP "Modern Tactics on the Fly"

Hey all got something to show you, well let start from the beginning, I started my career as a cameraman after college for MTV CMT and bunch of news channels. But move more in to post side teaching my self animation and graphics. Over the years that exploited and I got work on some big campaigns like Addias and Oh henry, but there was something always itching, I always want to play rugby and fish for a living, almost 5 years ago I hurt my back in a game on the pitch and took a year off from playing the game I love. In that year, I enter a flyfishing comp and won, the rest was history competing. This leads me to today, Last year I put my name out in the fly fishing industry with my marketing and production background, people in this industry have no money, but I keep knocking, and the door open. In November I quit my real job and took a job with Motivfishing crew to spiced up the film for costa. That was scary times for the family but my wife said what makes you happy, do it! Since them the motiv crew has become family and I am trying to change the industry as we know it currently, I am working on two show Geofish and the new show that I am producing "In the LOOP", with all this I get to work from home with a week here and week there for travel but I get to spend a ton a time with the family, and get to fish 2-3x a week. So I am not just a trout bum, I am a trout bum with direction!!

this trailer just out today tell me what you think, pilot at the end of the month
IN THE LOOP "Modern Tactics on the Fly"
https://vimeo.com/41577840

Here is a trailer for GEOFISH some of you see a small part of it on the film tour.
http://vimeo.com/35338657
Hamj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 01:17 AM   #2
richard1726
46er2618

I like the style of the camera work.
richard1726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 02:23 AM   #3
Pumpkin QAAD
Whachu talking about

What was the fly fishing comp?
Old 05-05-2012, 04:26 PM   #4
Rusty and the Maniac

Very cool, seems like you made a good decision!! Where can we watch this when it cones out???
Old 05-06-2012, 11:14 PM   #5
Wardens Worry

Good stuff! Did you get to go to Belize with them? If so, you are a lucky dog.
Wardens Worry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:21 PM   #6
Prometheus
Adrift

Whats a fly fishing competition about?
Prometheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:49 PM   #7
EagleCrag

Hamj: Very nice video work. One comment though and this is strictly a personal take. I don't like competition fishing. I hold the BASS competitions in disdain along with many of the techniques they use. It takes all the fun out of it for me. When I fish I want to relax. I don't want to have to get in x amount of casts per hour or feel I am not working hard enough or worry about what Joe might be catching. Its all about having fun, fellowship and relaxing for me. Obviously one can learn a great deal through competing, but there are other (better) ways in my mind. To me, the greatest fishing program ever was Jerry McGinnis' Fishin Hole. Laid back, went different places, didn't always catch a lot but it was relaxing, enjoyable and interesting. So my advice would be to put a little "Fishin Hole" in your films whenever possible. All in all, very good videography though and congratulations on landing the job of your dreams.
EagleCrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:35 PM   #8
Hamj

I love to fish trout, I do understand that competition isn't for everyone, I work on Geofish as well, that is furtherest from Comp world as you can be. Once the rest of the crew finish central America, I'll be on the road for all of south America hunting trout in dream locations so I'll bring you back some relaxing footage Deal EagleCrag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleCrag View Post
Hamj: Very nice video work. One comment though and this is strictly a personal take. I don't like competition fishing. I hold the BASS competitions in disdain along with many of the techniques they use. It takes all the fun out of it for me. When I fish I want to relax. I don't want to have to get in x amount of casts per hour or feel I am not working hard enough or worry about what Joe might be catching. Its all about having fun, fellowship and relaxing for me. Obviously one can learn a great deal through competing, but there are other (better) ways in my mind. To me, the greatest fishing program ever was Jerry McGinnis' Fishin Hole. Laid back, went different places, didn't always catch a lot but it was relaxing, enjoyable and interesting. So my advice would be to put a little "Fishin Hole" in your films whenever possible. All in all, very good videography though and congratulations on landing the job of your dreams.
Hamj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:21 AM   #9
mar71

Great videography Hamj, wish i knew how to work a video camera and edit like that, i just got a gopro hero2. Have a great time down in south america. I have gone down to Patagonia a few times, Please don't give away any of the hot spots in your videos, even though the fishing pressure is half of what it is here in the states, pressure there is on the rise.
mar71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 10:13 PM   #10
wildbrookies

Man, my jealously runneth over...but, I ,too, have to agree w/ Eagle C...but, if you come through and get us that great footage you promised him from trout from S. America, then ,o.k..bring it on..

WB
"Get your mind off trout,if you can.I know they`ve got you.I can see it. Every fraternity of sufferers knows its brothers.Trout hook men;men don`t hook trout.Better try and throw the hook while you can.By the time you`re a grown man there probably won`t be a pure trout healthy enough to fiddle with"... Quote from Emerson in the book "The Earth Is Enough"by Harry Middleton
wildbrookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:49 AM   #11
EagleCrag

Hamj: That's a deal. Hope you have a great trip--I'm sure it will be memorable no matter what happens. I can't wait to see the footage. I give you credit for having the cutzpa to go for the job of your dreams, not many people do.
EagleCrag is offline   Reply With Quote