Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Paddling in the Adirondacks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2012, 10:04 PM   #1
bswiz

Kadoma

This is the best area I could think of to post this, and sorry for the extremely short notice, but I just came across this. We saw this movie at the Banff Film Festival earlier this year, and it's amazing. You can watch the entire movie on this website for free until 9pm MST tonight (only one more hour).

http://www.outsideonline.com/feature...Screening.html

If anyone happens to see this post in time and has 40 minutes to kill, it's worth it.
bswiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:05 AM   #2
Sapien
outlander

thanks for posting, I caught the whole thing... intense. the ending was difficult to watch.
Sapien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:36 AM   #3
bswiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien View Post
thanks for posting, I caught the whole thing... intense. the ending was difficult to watch.
Glad someone was able to see it, wish I would have known sooner that it was being shown. For anyone that missed it, there is a link to download it for $6 which (in my opinion) is worth it.

If you read the description on the Outside link, it gives away what happened to Hendri Coetzee in the film. When we saw it at the festival, it came as a total surprise... there was a definite gasp from the audience.
bswiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:04 AM   #4
Connecticut Yankee
Connecticut Yankee

I guess I won't worry to much about the blackflies the next 5 days. It's been almost 20 years since I've been in Kenya and Tanzania , not kayaking, but saw some monster crocks, like they said in the film though it was the hippos that you worried about the most. That and all the stuff in the water, drinking water that is, nasty looking stuff.

John M. A Connecticut Yankee
Connecticut Yankee is offline   Reply With Quote