Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Hunting and Fishing in the Adirondacks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2012, 04:15 PM   #1
geogymn

Brain Tap

Would any of you fishermen/women care to speculate how the latest rain and current cold temps will affect the fishing this weekend? In particular pond fishing opposed to stream fishing. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-27-2012, 04:43 PM   #2
wildbrookies

Hey Geogym,
I don`t know how the latest rains and/or low temps. will effect the pond fishing ,but what I do know is, if tomorrow is as windy as today is ,anybody on a pond either in a float tube or canoe will have a tough time with the waves and trying to control the device for trolling will be very difficult. But, if you can weather these strong winds ,it may stir up trout to feed more...food will get blown down to one side of the pond , this sometimes turns the trout on in that area.. So, it can be rewarding to go no matter what...just being there is half the enjoyment in my books..!! Good luck and report back.

WB
"Get your mind off trout,if you can.I know they`ve got you.I can see it. Every fraternity of sufferers knows its brothers.Trout hook men;men don`t hook trout.Better try and throw the hook while you can.By the time you`re a grown man there probably won`t be a pure trout healthy enough to fiddle with"... Quote from Emerson in the book "The Earth Is Enough"by Harry Middleton
wildbrookies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:43 PM   #3
geogymn

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbrookies View Post
Hey Geogym,
I don`t know how the latest rains and/or low temps. will effect the pond fishing ,but what I do know is, if tomorrow is as windy as today is ,anybody on a pond either in a float tube or canoe will have a tough time with the waves and trying to control the device for trolling will be very difficult. But, if you can weather these strong winds ,it may stir up trout to feed more...food will get blown down to one side of the pond , this sometimes turns the trout on in that area.. So, it can be rewarding to go no matter what...just being there is half the enjoyment in my books..!! Good luck and report back.

WB
WB, Thanks for input! Good tip about being on the leeward(?) side of the pond, that makes sense. Trying to decide to fish for trout or hunt for morels. How can I lose? One more positive opinion towards the fish might just tip the scale. thanks again, much obliged.