Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > General Forum Related Topics > ADK Forum Classifieds
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2012, 05:16 PM   #1
Pat T
aka "Mother Nature"

Wanted: canvas tents, 12' x 14' and 14' x 16'

We're trying to locate some 12' x 14' and 14' x 16' canvas tents.

My daughter's organization, http://www.friendsofcln.org, is reopening a former girls' camp. They have some tents but not quite enough for their anticipated enrollment this summer.

The tents they have used in the past had roll-up sides and a ridge pole. They will be set up on tent platforms and there will be a waterproof tarp suspended over the roof of the tent.

Any information you might have about sources of these types of tents would be greatly appreciated. A donation of tents (perhaps from a camp that has recently closed) would be ideal.

Many thanks!

Pat T
Pat T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:31 PM   #2
Wldrns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat T View Post
We're trying to locate some 12' x 14' and 14' x 16' canvas tents.

My daughter's organization, http://www.friendsofcln.org, is reopening a former girls' camp. They have some tents but not quite enough for their anticipated enrollment this summer.

The tents they have used in the past had roll-up sides and a ridge pole. They will be set up on tent platforms and there will be a waterproof tarp suspended over the roof of the tent.

Any information you might have about sources of these types of tents would be greatly appreciated. A donation of tents (perhaps from a camp that has recently closed) would be ideal.

Many thanks!

Pat T
You might try Brownie Tents. They rent and sell tents of all sizes, typically large ones. Their web site focuses on rentals, but I know for a fact they do sell tents. My SAR unit and others own their tents for fund raisers, and they repair them also.
http://www.browniestentsandawnings.com/index.htm