Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Paddling in the Adirondacks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2010, 01:11 PM   #1
Bob K

Hornbeck for sale - 12' pack canoe

Boat was sold

Last edited by Bob K; 06-22-2011 at 08:46 AM.. Reason: Boat was sold. People still calling on this for some reason.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 01:21 PM   #2
Rusty and the Maniac

I'm guessing this will only take an hour or two...
Old 05-14-2010, 01:26 PM   #3
Vermont Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob K View Post
My neighbor is moving down south (Fl) and is looking to sell his 12’ Hornbeck pack canoe. It is 2 or 3 years old and not used much (excellent condition). It is a carbor/kevlar model that lists at 18 lbs and $1,600. He’d like to get $900 for it. He also has a graphite paddle at 260 cm. If I didn’t have a Rapidfire (and 3 other boats) I’d probably buy it.

He can be reached at 518 369-7610 or drcclct@earthlink.net. We live in Clifton Park, NY (between Albany & Saratoga).
Damn, I've only had my RapidFire out twice but I don't think I want to sell it just yet 260 cm is pretty long for a paddle do you know the make and model?

Scott
Old 05-16-2010, 12:00 PM   #4
Bob K

FYI - The canoe sold this AM for $900 (with paddle & yoke) to a member of this Forum. Happy paddling!!!
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 01:11 PM   #5
WinterWarlock
One foot in front of the other

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob K View Post
FYI - The canoe sold this AM for $900 (with paddle & yoke) to a member of this Forum. Happy paddling!!!
Awesome - hopefully it was JTCelica who was looking for one!

Enjoy Every Sandwich!
WinterWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 02:16 PM   #6
Rusty and the Maniac

wow, took longer than I thought it would! Congrats to the new owner!
Old 05-16-2010, 03:13 PM   #7
bigbendv

Just got back to Syracuse with it. I'm going to give the wood a coat of oil and admire it in the front yard for today while I mow and plant, and find water with it as soon as I can.

I've been drooling over the pack boats for a year or more, and paddled a placid boat last summer but thought it would be another year before I bit the bullet and spent the cash. Saw the post late last night (with a beer or two in me to lower my wallet friction) and couldn't resist!

Thanks to Bob and neighbor Larry who both seemed like great guys. I've got to find some webbing for the poke-through hood tie-downs now...
bigbendv is offline   Reply With Quote