Thread: Why?
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 10:46 AM   #47
haderondah_wild
**BANNED**

I can see you just want to argue. OK.

Let me know where your well is and I will dump oil in it for you. Then let me know how you feel about it.

For someone so old and wise you only seem to see the short term effects.

PS any trail erosion CAN be fixed with fill if one is so inclined to get it out there. Detoxifying water, and millions of gallons requires one big water filter, OR many, many years of natures own purification processes.

I mean no disrespect. I have owned ATVs and 4wd jeeps and I know what they are capable of doing to the land. I also think on improved trails they don't do any harm other than air, noise, (and thermal pollution) if operated responsibly. By improved trail I mean one in which gravel is continuously spread to prevent rutting and culverts and bridges are included for drainage and stream crossing. I still do not think it is a good idea to be allowed within park on state land, no matter what the land designation is. The only exception I could possibly think of is state camp grounds and those roads are usually paved. Rangers and search and rescue should be permitted as well.

I feel the same for motor boats and snowmobiles. Snowmobiles themselves probably do the least harm, but the principle is the same. Wild to me means no motors. JMO. Just because you can't readily see the damage, doesn't mean it isn't there or it isn't coming in the future.

Last edited by haderondah_wild; 03-28-2013 at 11:42 AM..
haderondah_wild is offline   Reply With Quote