St. Regis and Sunday Pond B & B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St. Regis and Sunday Pond B & B

My wife and I were off for the past 3 days and we stayed at Sunday Pond B & B. A really nice place to base "Glamp" from. This was an introductory trip to pond hopping for her. She has a heavy kayak which limits her to one lake or pond so we rented a Placid Boatworks Spitfire for her to try out. We did the Follensby Clear Loop one day then an out and back trip the second day leaving from Little Clear Pond. The weather was incredible... almost too warm... and the lakes were exceptionally calm each day. Not quite peak colors but close.

I did get the chance to fish for about an hour in a favorite pond hooking and releasing one.

Last edited by bioguide; 09-27-2017, 11:32 AM.
    My YouTube channel

Sounds like you two had a lovely few days.
    Haven't been to Sunday Pond B&B myself, but our camp/second home is just down the road near the golf course. There are all kinds or great paddling sites in the Adirondacks and I've paddled quite a few in the last 50 years, BUT , in my opinion there is no better location with so much varied water than the area you visited. When my brother and his wife visited in August we went out paddlingfor 5 days and never drove more than a few miles from camp. Saw several eagles, osprey etc., etc. and lots beautiful scenery. My sister-in-law is a Native of San Francisco and just loves to visit our camp.
    John M
    Because It's There, and it may not be tomorrow

Comment

Nice!
      "A culture is no better than its woods." W.H. Auden

Comment

Bio - Did you stay in one of their lean-tos or the inn itself? Just curious as to what you thought about the lean-tos if you lodged there.

That's all for now. Take care and until next time....be well.

snapper

Comment

Very nice report and photos Bioguide.
          Good idea on the B&B and lightweight canoe to share it with your wife.
          Nicely colored brookie as well. Letting your hunting spot "rest" I see.

Comment

Originally posted by snapper View Post
            Bio - Did you stay in one of their lean-tos or the inn itself? Just curious as to what you thought about the lean-tos if you lodged there.snapper
            Snapper: No we were in the main house but I did stay in a lean-to this past spring doing some pond hopping. The lean-tos are fully screened in the front with a screen door in the center and there are drapes you can pull across for privacy. There are 2 double beds in them and a fire pit in front. We will stay again to do similar outings.

Originally posted by Stillhunter View Post
            Very nice report and photos Bioguide.
            Good idea on the B&B and lightweight canoe to share it with your wife.
            Nicely colored brookie as well. Letting your hunting spot "rest" I see.
            Thanks Stillhunter, I'll be heading to the hunting spot early Saturday am for an overnight "shakedown" hammock hang trip as I plan to stand hunt both Saturday and Sunday. I see the temps will be dropping to just below freezing Saturday night so this will be an interesting trip.
            My YouTube channel

Comment

Bio - Thanks for your comments regarding the lean-tos. Best of luck on your upcoming hunt. I look forward to seeing any videos that come out of your upcoming adventures.

That's all for now. Take care and until next time....be well.

snapper

Comment

Working...
              X