ADK Lean To Plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADK Lean To Plans

I'm looking for plans to build a (more or less) authentic ADK lean to. I did not find anything through a search. Ideas or sources?

Thanks in advance,
    JH Bahn

I have a copy somewhere. I'll see if I can find them.
    'I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion.' - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Lean-to plans

I have a one page set of plans that may be of help. Just email your address.

teejay
      Life, the longest random scoot

Comment

try this

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.
        sigpic

Once a year, go some where you've never been before.

Comment

The plans shown there are the ones I have as well.
          'I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion.' - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I would really love those plans too. If you come across them!
            been wanting to build my own leanto for 10 years.
            The best things in life, are not things.

Comment

Originally posted by Adk Keith View Post
              The plans shown there are the ones I have as well.
              do you have a more readable version you could post?

Comment

why and where?
                Do Not Just See The Sites Live Them Too

Comment

leanto plans

Those same plans in link in more readable version are in Stuart Mesinger's "No Place I'd Rather Be" subtitled Wit & Wisdom from Adk leanto journals.
                  Also, many yrs ago I bought same plans on a large poster from Adirondack Museum in BML

Comment

what i mean is why are you going to build this and where? do you live in the adks and have a nice piece of land that you can build this on? i mean i am just curious!

Comment

Where and why

Don't know where yet - unless somebody has some water access only acreage they'd like to sell me.

Why? Cause I think it would be a neat and reasonably simple project.

As for plans, any university Cooperative Extension Services have variations of this one http://bioengr.ag.utk.edu/Extension/...Plans/5998.pdf but it's not log construction.

Also came across How to Build Your Dream Cabin in the Woods: The Ultimate Guide to Building and Maintaining a Backcountry Getaway (see http://www.powells.com/cgi-bin/bibli...2-1592283292-0) but I have not seen the book. I guess I'll make the $15 investment.

I've found lots of great pics searching ADK shelter or ADK lean to on Google Images (also some in the photography section of this web site).

JH Bahn

Comment

ahh i see now thanks i was just curious

Comment

Originally posted by EastOfMidnight View Post
                          Don't know where yet - unless somebody has some water access only acreage they'd like to sell me.

Why? Cause I think it would be a neat and reasonably simple project.

As for plans, any university Cooperative Extension Services have variations of this one http://bioengr.ag.utk.edu/Extension/...Plans/5998.pdf but it's not log construction.

Also came across How to Build Your Dream Cabin in the Woods: The Ultimate Guide to Building and Maintaining a Backcountry Getaway (see http://www.powells.com/cgi-bin/bibli...2-1592283292-0) but I have not seen the book. I guess I'll make the $15 investment.

I've found lots of great pics searching ADK shelter or ADK lean to on Google Images (also some in the photography section of this web site).

JH Bahn
                          I have the Wayne Fears book and it's excellent. Covers cabins, land purchase, the whole thing, but no lean-to's.

Comment

Working...
                          X