No announcement yet.

Adirondack Hunting Clubs seeking members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I belong to Buck Mt. They have a well, generator and gas lights, outhouse, located on a nice brook with trout. shower with hot water, and a reservation system for those who would like to go with the wife and families. There are no women allowed in camp during hunting season. Centrally located to some good canoe and hiking areas and about 20 minutes from Tupper Lake.

Comment

Clubs

I've owned a hunting camp in Herkimer County for 20 years and took 3 bucks in 12-14 years of actual hunting , it's in Salisbury but , I lack hunting pressure .... I have town land across the road that's open to hunting and mostly all private land on my side on the road that no one hunts .....
      I've been tossing around the idea of joining a club just for the friendships ... It's me and my dad but my sons are getting older and into hunting
      BMHC looks like a decent fit

Comment

We would love to have you

Comment

What are the specifics on the Buck Mountain club?

Comment

members

Hi my 2 boys and I have been searching the Raquette Lake, Long Lake for an old cabin to rent but maybe a hunting group like yours would be just right. Any chance you can tell me where the lodge is and send me a couple of photos? A phone # for you would be nice too.

email me if you wish. jblanchard@marineengine.com.

TY Jay, Dustin & Brock

Untitled.jpg

Comment

Hi jjjg02, Mike Vance here from the Buck Mtn Club.

Here's the web site for your review:

You can pm me here or e-mail me thru the web site. Also, here's my personal e-mail:

vancempkd@yahoo.com

Comment

Old Schoo;

Originally posted by thebluesman5748 View Post
                This is my hunting camp..... and I wouldn't have it any other way. Can you imagine walking into my elk tent and finding all those amenities shown in your camp. Then you'd go home and tell everyone about the awsome wilderness experience you encountered in the Big Woods..... So much for that...!

If you need those luxuries up in the big woods, then I think your missing the big picture... When you deal with "clubs"...your forced to deal with strangers and personalities. Now throw $500 a year into the mix and..., well, Need I say anymore.....???????

Your dilemma is unfortunate...but it's certainly not due to land exchanges.

I've tried for years now to re-establish a hunting "gang" for the backcountry, and my efforts were all fruitless. Again, personalities. Lots of inquiries with numerous different "opinions"..... Forget about it...

Cook some great meals on the wood stove or out over an open fire, pass the bottle of Jack Daniels around, belch and fart, tell lies, then go to bed... 4:00 A.M. comes early...and you don't have to worry about getting mud on the floor...

Bluesman
                I hear it all the time "I 'd love to go to your tent hunting" .Last season I spent 26 days alone in the big woods. When it all boils down not many people ever see the big woods let alone stay back- in ! I wouldn't have it any other way !

Comment

Interested in a club

Good morning,
                  I became interested in adirondack park last year, I have a couple dogs I wanted to try on snowshoe hare. I was all prepped for the trip and the man I met on the Internet who lived near the park disappeared. I was coming blindly then and the weather got bad and my knee also. Been 2 weeks since surgery and I'm already thinking about the big woods. I came across a discussion on the clubs and it might work for me. I have 25 acres I live on in south jersey with plenty of deer and turkey which Im usually to busy for. my son doesn't have much interest in sitting in a stand and my old hunting partners aren't allowed out very often. My son likes to get out of bed for chasing bunnies or fishing so I think there's still hope for him. I think a change of scenery and some new friends is just what the doctor ordered. Any info on clubs needing members would be appreciated.
                  Thanks
                  Randy

Comment

Buck Mt near Tupper Lake has some nice hunting and centrally located for hiking, canoeing etc. Contact is Mike Vance
                    vancempkd@yahoo.com

Comment

I clikc on the link and it brings me to go addy

Comment

I click on the link to see what the club is all about as I am interested in a hunting camp kind of thing and the link just brings me to go daddy

Comment

A Hunt and Hike club in the Addacks is a great idea. There are many which offer lots of land which they own or lease for many activities and they could sure use more members. Many are very reasonable. Just Google them. There are some listed on this site in the archives.
                          Never Argue With An Idiot. They Will Drag You Down To Their Level And Beat You With Experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Catmanranadk View Post
                            Good morning,
                            I became interested in adirondack park last year, I have a couple dogs I wanted to try on snowshoe hare. I was all prepped for the trip and the man I met on the Internet who lived near the park disappeared. I was coming blindly then and the weather got bad and my knee also. Been 2 weeks since surgery and I'm already thinking about the big woods. I came across a discussion on the clubs and it might work for me. I have 25 acres I live on in south jersey with plenty of deer and turkey which Im usually to busy for. my son doesn't have much interest in sitting in a stand and my old hunting partners aren't allowed out very often. My son likes to get out of bed for chasing bunnies or fishing so I think there's still hope for him. I think a change of scenery and some new friends is just what the doctor ordered. Any info on clubs needing members would be appreciated.
                            Thanks
                            Randy
                            Reach out to Al DeCeasear at the Pizza Shop in Schroon Lake. He's a guide and he and his brother Gary have run dogs for snowshoes. I'm sure they can help you.
                            Life's short, hunt hard!

Comment

As mentioned by quite a few I belong to a hunting club but unlike the implication that it may be solely for hunting it is not. We use this hunting club all year round for fishing in the summer, hiking and berry picking in the early fall.

Comment

Buck Mt is looking for a couple members. We use the club year round. Fishing, hiking canoeing, hunting, skiing ice fishing, I guess you get the idea. Families are welcome with the exception of females in camp during the hunting season. They have a reservation system in place t6o ensure your stay is peaceful and enjoyable. Contact Mike Vance mailto: vancempkd@yahoo.com

Comment

Working...
                                X