Adirondack Hunting Clubs seeking members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wellsley View Post
    DVC looks great, how does buying one of the camps work though? What if a camp owner ends their membership, or the club someday ends its overall lease?

Comment

Originally posted by rADK View Post
      DVC looks great, how does buying one of the camps work though? What if a camp owner ends their membership, or the club someday ends its overall lease?
      That is the risk you take on a recreational lease, just ask those on the former Finch-Pruyn lands. Some friends of mine just joined a club and they built camps that they can move on a flatbed if needed. I believe 500 sq/ft is the max for a camp size.

I'm lucky to be part of small camp that sleeps 6 guys very comfortably. It's on 50 acres and adjoins state land, and is very similar to what I had growing up at a camp my Dad took care of. Unfortunately, there aren't too many small pieces of property out there like this. But, this current camp, tent camps, leases, lean-tos, they're all good. You just need to find what works for you. If you want to use an ATV, forget state land.
      Life's short, hunt hard!

Comment

Any Geared Toward Fishing

You guys have a great site. I never posted before, because I never had anything to add. I have a question now though:

Are there any sportsman's clubs that an avid fly fisherman and his kids can join in the ADKs? Access to Brookie water (preferably in a Pond/Lake situation) is key.

Any info is appreciated.

Comment

Long lake hunting club

I have been hunting for the last 3 years and bow hunting for the last two. I am looking for somewhere to hunt and am having great difficulty. I would join a hunting club if I can find one that is still accepting members. I don't drink, or smoke and was raised in scouting with a respect for the outdoors. If there are any spots left please contact me. Thanks

Comment

Been considering BMC. Not much of a hunter anymore but the location suits me and so does the ATV possibilities.
            Never Argue With An Idiot. They Will Drag You Down To Their Level And Beat You With Experience.

Comment

Originally posted by mikem View Post
              I have been hunting for the last 3 years and bow hunting for the last two. I am looking for somewhere to hunt and am having great difficulty. I would join a hunting club if I can find one that is still accepting members. I don't drink, or smoke and was raised in scouting with a respect for the outdoors. If there are any spots left please contact me. Thanks
              Welcome mikem, there are several clubs looking for members. But if your just looking for a place to hunting and can't find one your not looking very hard. There is a ton of state land in the ADK. I've hunted private and public land in the ADK. Shot a nice 10pter 2 years ago on state land. Look in previous threads for clubs looking for members, I have also seen clubs looking for members at outdoor shows.

Comment

Thanks

Thank you. As I stated I am just getting started. I tried Darien Lake state park this year and it was mobbed. I am just learning about hunting clubs now. I had n o idea they existed. I have a lot to learn and a lifetime to do it in. Thanks for the information.

Comment

Was in Dug Mtn club(off Pig Rock on Rt. 30) for a number of years. Illness and subsequent surgery forced me to leave. Recovered now but did not rejoin Dug Mtn. due to growing crowds, drinking and ATVs. Would consider joining a club that was quite a bit more sedate then Dug Mtn. Maybe however, this kind of club just doesn't exist.

Comment

Interesting, Dug Mt Pond was my first club that I belonged to..back in the early 70s....there hasn't been a club that I belonged too(7) that a bottle of scotch didn't make friends...or a beer

Comment

Drinks and swigs are one thing, drunks and weapons are another.
                      Give me the mountains, or give me death.

Comment

Originally posted by Crokit View Post
                        Drinks and swigs are one thing, drunks and weapons are another.
                        I agree. X2

Comment

Yes they do exist

Originally posted by wolfe View Post
                          Was in Dug Mtn club(off Pig Rock on Rt. 30) for a number of years. Illness and subsequent surgery forced me to leave. Recovered now but did not rejoin Dug Mtn. due to growing crowds, drinking and ATVs. Would consider joining a club that was quite a bit more sedate then Dug Mtn. Maybe however, this kind of club just doesn't exist.
                          They are still out there but when people do find them they stay thus very few or no openings

Comment

Great pics I feel the same way as you but on my hunting trips when the seasons open I like to make a few sets here and there for Fisher, Martin, Mink and the area I hunt is only accessable by water, its 3.5 miles to my camp by boat then we cross the lake another half mile and hunt in two to three miles, and if theres alot of Beaver sign I'll set on that, so its a two fold experience, Trapping has taken a bad rap and being in a club with all sorts of opinions of others I just would'nt fit in !!

Comment

Hi, my name is Jay from Vermont. My 2 boys and I are looking for a place in the upper Adirondack park to stay or pitch a wall tent from Sept. to early December for hunting. We also would be interested in joining up with somem one who already has a place to go. Are you still open to partners or would you know anyone who would rent/lease a small parcel of land where we could pitch a tent? Thank you for your help.

Comment

Jay..... I've looked into clubs with the intent of camping and fishing for a few months at a time (hunting and ice fishing days probably over)... so far without success. The problem being that most do not allow camping and those that do don't allow tents (we have a small camper now). Other issues are drinking water, waste disposal, campfire setup (need to prevent underground fires in the root system), hot water for bathing, etc.... all basic stuff.... so far I haven't found a club that fits our needs.
                                However, if you're willing to adapt to the club rules for the sandbox, I'd recommend that you to contact these clubs:
                                Buck Mountain......http://buckmountainfishandgameclub.com/camp.html
                                Call Mike Vance - I've PM'd the phone number or from the website.
                                He emailed me last month... they have openings.
                                Robinwood Park: http://robinwoodpark.com/page0.php
                                I toured there two years ago. They spent several hours showing me around.
                                Wife didn't think it'd be a good fit..... you know what that means.
                                Most cabins are wired for bears..... not sure tents are permitted.
                                They have an arrangement with Long Lake to drop off your garbage in town.
                                Either of them may be a fit for your situation. Good luck.
                                Last edited by dockless; 02-15-2015, 06:18 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Working...
                                X