PDA

View Full Version : Bigfoot in The Adirondacks??

Justin
05-22-2006, 06:45 PM
Has anyone ever had what they think was a sasquatch encounter in the park? I know it's crazy, but I was camping with some friends who told me some stories. I do alot of backpacking all over the Adiorndacks, and I've never had such luck. I have had some wierd situations occur before near Bennet, Middle, and Murphy Lakes north of Great Sacandaga Lake. - Justin

poconoron
05-22-2006, 07:28 PM
No such thing here in the ADKs (or anywhere, I suspect).

bigbryan
05-22-2006, 08:33 PM
i am the sasquatch of fulton/hamilton county

Gray Ghost
05-22-2006, 09:55 PM
No sasquatch, but there is the Wood Devil legend. Google Wood Devil and Lake George and you'll probably come up with something.

Robony
05-23-2006, 07:21 AM
Here's one...

YEAR: 1996

SEASON: Summer

MONTH: August

DATE: 8/15/1996

STATE: New York

COUNTY: Essex County

LOCATION DETAILS: Pine Pond -area can be accessed by an old snowmobile/bike path that enters from Rt 86 in Ray Brook. This area is also one mile south of Oseetah Lake -site of the 2002 ESPN outdoor games. It is located at the base of Mt. Ampersand.

NEAREST TOWN: Saranac Lake NY

NEAREST ROAD: NY Rt. 86

OBSERVED: In August of 1996 myself and six friends were camping at Pine Pond in the lower Saranac Lake region. It was around dusk and my friend and I were fishing in our canoe. The other members of our party were at camp preparing supper, about a quarter mile away through the forest from our location on the canoe in the middle of the lake. My friend and I were speaking openly, not attempting to be quiet in any way. I was scanning the northern bank of the lake, which I knew quite well, when I noticed a strange shape on the edge of the wood line. It was about 50 yards away. Immediately I pointed it out to my friend and he spotted it instantly. The shape was about 3 1/2 feet off of the ground at its highest point. At first we both thought it was a black bear standing broadside but after a few seconds I realized that was not the case. We started to row towards it somewhat cautiously. Just as my friend whispered "it's a bear" the thing stood up. It had been crouching there on its feet like a catcher from a baseball team. It was about seven feet tall and was very dark brown in color. Its face was hairy yet fleshy around the upper cheeks. Its eyes were dark in color but clearly visible and had a brightness about them. Upon talking afterwards, we both agreed that we saw slight movements of its head and hands. It stood there for what seemed like ten seconds looking at us. It tilted its head slightly up as if it were sniffing the air. As if all this wasn't strange enough, we then heard the snapping twigs about fifty feet behind it. The creature turned its torso to the left and looked to its side. It immediately turned back towards us and then spun 180 degrees around and darted into the wood line like a cat. We then heard the sound of movement for about ten more seconds then we heard nothing. To this day I have no idea what made the noise behind it. After staying put in the canoe for about ten minutes my friend decided (against my wishes) paddle to the spot on shore and investigate for tracks. There were only two discernable markings in the sand which were obscured from the pivoting of its feet when it turned around. The whole experience was very, very upsetting. Although I can honestly say it did not attempt to threaten us in anyway it was scary as hell. That night I did not sleep one wink because I was so focused on every little noise that I heard. The next day we left. The other people in our party are convinced we saw a bear. It was no bear.

Qtip
05-23-2006, 09:41 AM
There is really no such thing as a true "bigfoot". What people are seeing are genetically altered humans that have been abducted by aliens. :D :D :D

Qtip
Soli Deo Gloria!

redhawk
05-23-2006, 09:50 AM
There is really no such thing as a true "bigfoot". What people are seeing are genetically altered humans that have been abducted by aliens. :D :D :D

Qtip
Soli Deo Gloria!

Actually, it's Neil before he shaves in the morning!!

Kevin
05-23-2006, 12:48 PM
Could be a tallish "freak" whose made their way to a hermit's life alone in the woods. That would be my guess, or someone having some fun playing fantasy on the internet. Now there's a concept. lol

AdkWiley
05-23-2006, 06:44 PM
Stumbled upot this site the other day off a link on VFTT.

http://www.bfro.net/news/roundup/newyork.asp

Little Rickie
05-23-2006, 09:46 PM
O my good lord people are serious!!?? Help me! I'm a disbeliever.

Kevin
05-23-2006, 10:50 PM
O my good lord people are serious!!?? Help me! I'm a disbeliever.

Me 2, but hey - everyone needs a hobby I guess. At least they're not knocking at your door at 8AM on a Sunday...

Mavs00
05-24-2006, 01:04 AM
Stumbled upot this site the other day off a link on VFTT.

http://www.bfro.net/news/roundup/newyork.asp

Oh my god, that site is a hoot.

Did anyone happen to read the 1989,93 Essex County "sighting (http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=1522)".

I loved this part best...

I happened to look out the back window and I could see something coming up behind the car. The LTD wagon had huge tailights and there was no guard over the license plate light, so the back of the car lit the area up nicely.

This thing was big, black and had its arm out like it was going to open the door on the drivers side. The part that scared me the most was the fact that the rear hatch of the wagon did not latch, it just kind of moved around, thumped when you hit a bump, that sort of thing. It was one of those things Matt was going to fix but never did. Anyway, I looked at Matt and asked, "Did you lock the doors?", calmly, almost deadpan.

"Why?"

"Somethings about to open the door."

Matt slammed the gearshift into drive and we took off out of there. I looked back and the thing stood up. It had to be over seven feet tall. It was huge and black. Its eyes must've caught the tailights glow because there was a red flicker in them. We never stopped until we got down to Port Henry (six or seven miles away).

:rolling: :rolling: :boozing: :rolling: :rolling:

Can you dig it......

Judgeh
05-24-2006, 07:17 AM
I find humans to be the strangest figment of the mind. :D

Wildernessphoto
05-24-2006, 05:03 PM
I find humans to be the strangest figment of the mind. :D
<---- do they look like this?

:p

redhawk
05-24-2006, 05:18 PM

he said HUMANS gary!!

Wildernessphoto
05-24-2006, 05:21 PM
he said HUMANS gary!!
(I knew if I threw that out there I'd get a rise out of somebody!)

:D

Judgeh
05-24-2006, 05:59 PM
Hmmmmmm. Hawk and W/photo?...oddballs in the woods?

Mystery solved. :rolling:

Sparky
05-24-2006, 09:00 PM
Yeah and I saw the Easter Bunny on Algonquin a few months ago.

Little Rickie
05-24-2006, 09:30 PM

I believe they said "it" was better looking & had more hair. :rolling:

Oh man I just love making friends on this forum. ;)

Are you a nice as you sound? i hope

Rickie

Wildernessphoto
05-24-2006, 11:32 PM
I believe they said "it" was better looking & had more hair. :rolling:

Oh man I just love making friends on this forum. ;)

Are you a nice as you sound? i hope

RickieLOL!!
Here's what I sound like at night in the Sewards...Gary in the Sewards (http://www.bfro.net/REF/Puyallubigfeet.wav)
Those who will be in there this weekend may hear me!

Judgeh
05-25-2006, 06:13 AM
LOL!!
Here's what I sound like at night in the Sewards...Gary in the Sewards (http://www.bfro.net/REF/Puyallubigfeet.wav)
Those who will be in there this weekend may hear me!

ANNOUNCEMENT

Ward Brook is hereby added to the "ADK Unsafe Trail" List

B0ATGUY47
05-26-2006, 01:16 AM
Here is another ADK siting

YEAR: 1998

DATE: 25-30

COUNTY: Fulton County

LOCATION DETAILS: Ok, From Johnstown Ny, take Perry st North to Maple Ave. Turn left on Maple and follow till it you reach W. Fulton Ext. Turn left there. This becomes N. Bush Rd. The dead end is off N. Bush right before an old red barn

NEAREST TOWN: Caroga Lake

NEAREST ROAD: North Bush Rd

OBSERVED: My best friend and I were driving around one night, about 2:00 am. We ended up on a little used dead end road. We were uh, out of the vehicle to releive ourselves, hense the dead end with no houses on it. We were in themiddle of no-where but why take chances getting spotted?

We finished up our business and I was back in the truck waiting for my buddy. I turned on the headlights, and illuminated in the beams was a very tall man shaped animal, brown in color. It stood perfectly still for a minute and then grunted at us. Then it turned and walked away. it didn't move like a man. It kind of swaggared back and forth like it lunged each leg forward when it walked.

We were really freaked out so we backed up all the way to the road.

Afterward, we rationalized that it must have been a moose. but I don't think it was. For starters, i've seen moose before and they're huge. this was tall enough, it looked well over six feet. But it stood on two legs, and it didn't have antlers. but at the time, we had to rationalize what we saw.

My father is an officer with the NYS Department of Environmental Concervation. He says that what we saw was a moose. It could not have been a big foot. but I disagree. I went back and searched for moose tracks, none. Droppings, none but rabbit. In fact, I found no tracks of any kind.

But that doesn't mean anytyhing because the ground is all soft needles and leaves.

ALSO NOTICED: I went back the next day and found no tracks or droppings to identify my creature as a moose or bear, the only large animals in my area.

OTHER WITNESSES: Me and a friend. We were driving around for about an hour before the 'sighting' if you will. Before that we had a midnight meal a diner in Fultonville

OTHER STORIES: I have heard of sightings in Benson. About an hour north of me, but I'm not sure I beleive those stories. If you want details on them, I can provide at request

TIME AND CONDITIONS: about two am.
Very clear night, stars in the sky.
It was chilly
And very well lit, I had my highbeams on.

ENVIRONMENT: Mostly maple and oak. Some pine. The area had been logged many years ago so most of the forest is under 75 years old. I'm sure there's a creek running somewhere through there, too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Steve Kulls:

Spoke with the witness Chris. Witness is very familiar with the wildlife of the area. Subject had not been drinking that night and were under the legal drinking age in New York at the time of the sighting. Witness was approximately 20 feet from the creature in the driver's side of vehicle..
States approximately 7-8 feet tall, covered in long brown hair. Described as the face as "being flat". Arms swung more than a human. Stated it just turned around after approximately a mintue and walked off.
Met with the witness on July 10th, 2003 went to the area of sighting, which is no longer a dead end road. Visual evidence where the road ended at one time. Intersting fact is approximately 300 yards behing the wooded area, there is a town dump. There was plenty of evidence in the area of deer, as we found deer track and droppings.
The witness is straightforward, and is extremely convincing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Explanation

Wildernessphoto
05-26-2006, 05:26 AM
Here is another ADK siting

YEAR: 1998

DATE: 25-30

COUNTY: Fulton County

LOCATION DETAILS: Ok, From Johnstown Ny, take Perry st North to Maple Ave. Turn left on Maple and follow till it you reach W. Fulton Ext. Turn left there. This becomes N. Bush Rd. The dead end is off N. Bush right before an old red barn

NEAREST TOWN: Caroga Lake

NEAREST ROAD: North Bush Rd

OBSERVED: My best friend and I were driving around one night, about 2:00 am. We ended up on a little used dead end road. We were uh, out of the vehicle to releive ourselves, hense the dead end with no houses on it. We were in themiddle of no-where but why take chances getting spotted?

We finished up our business and I was back in the truck waiting for my buddy. I turned on the headlights, and illuminated in the beams was a very tall man shaped animal, brown in color. It stood perfectly still for a minute and then grunted at us. Then it turned and walked away. it didn't move like a man. It kind of swaggared back and forth like it lunged each leg forward when it walked.

We were really freaked out so we backed up all the way to the road.

Afterward, we rationalized that it must have been a moose. but I don't think it was. For starters, i've seen moose before and they're huge. this was tall enough, it looked well over six feet. But it stood on two legs, and it didn't have antlers. but at the time, we had to rationalize what we saw.

My father is an officer with the NYS Department of Environmental Concervation. He says that what we saw was a moose. It could not have been a big foot. but I disagree. I went back and searched for moose tracks, none. Droppings, none but rabbit. In fact, I found no tracks of any kind.

But that doesn't mean anytyhing because the ground is all soft needles and leaves.

ALSO NOTICED: I went back the next day and found no tracks or droppings to identify my creature as a moose or bear, the only large animals in my area.

OTHER WITNESSES: Me and a friend. We were driving around for about an hour before the 'sighting' if you will. Before that we had a midnight meal a diner in Fultonville

OTHER STORIES: I have heard of sightings in Benson. About an hour north of me, but I'm not sure I beleive those stories. If you want details on them, I can provide at request

TIME AND CONDITIONS: about two am.
Very clear night, stars in the sky.
It was chilly
And very well lit, I had my highbeams on.

ENVIRONMENT: Mostly maple and oak. Some pine. The area had been logged many years ago so most of the forest is under 75 years old. I'm sure there's a creek running somewhere through there, too.

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Steve Kulls:

Spoke with the witness Chris. Witness is very familiar with the wildlife of the area. Subject had not been drinking that night and were under the legal drinking age in New York at the time of the sighting. Witness was approximately 20 feet from the creature in the driver's side of vehicle..
States approximately 7-8 feet tall, covered in long brown hair. Described as the face as "being flat". Arms swung more than a human. Stated it just turned around after approximately a mintue and walked off.
Met with the witness on July 10th, 2003 went to the area of sighting, which is no longer a dead end road. Visual evidence where the road ended at one time. Intersting fact is approximately 300 yards behing the wooded area, there is a town dump. There was plenty of evidence in the area of deer, as we found deer track and droppings.
The witness is straightforward, and is extremely convincing.

Explanation
this siting is less than a mile from my property in Caroga...Spotted again... :cry:

AdkWiley
05-26-2006, 07:15 AM
The main thing that I dont beleive in that story is those 2 driving all the way out to a dead end in the middle of no where just so they can releive themselves! Thats almost as far fetched as bigfoot! :p

Judgeh
05-26-2006, 08:12 AM
Odd that in all these years (even centuries?) of "incidents" our hunting buddies have not even winged one.

Seems to me that either they are forever :Peek:

or we are :beatdead:.

We can add common sense to this thread only by :boozing:

else we will hurt ourselves :banghead:

and end up looking like Neil :dance:.

Skyclimber
05-28-2006, 11:43 PM
The main thing that I dont beleive in that story is those 2 driving all the way out to a dead end in the middle of no where just so they can releive themselves! Thats almost as far fetched as bigfoot! :p

I agree. Why didn't you pull the car on the side of the road and jump behind a tree?

Did you have too much to drink and having hallucinations?

Even with soft needles and leaves, I'm sure there would had been some sort of sign. Even a stirred up leaf or something.

Maybe it was a Cow Moose who has No Antlers.

Qtip
05-29-2006, 07:07 AM
:) Beam me up Scotty!!!!!! :)

redhawk
05-29-2006, 11:16 AM
I've never had a sasquatch encounter but I would urge people to not be so skeptical about some things.

I had a "situation" out in Colorado that stood my hair on end and had me trotting down a highway at night, looking over my shoulder. The next day there was an intensive investigation based on an event which was not initiated by me. To this day it is unexplained along with other identical events.

Those who know me know that I'm not afraid of anything, that I have "sixth" sense and that I'm not prone to hallucinations or overly-imaginative.

I'll tell the story one on one, face to face, for anyone that's interested. I won't turn this thread into a twilight zone.

So, don't be too quick to judge. Most people are not trained observers, and see things differently and act irrationally when startled. Not to say that this was a sasquatch, but also saying not neccesarily a nut case either.

Skyclimber
05-29-2006, 11:54 AM
I'll tell the story one on one, face to face, for anyone that's interested. I won't turn this thread into a twilight zone.

Redhawk, will you PM or Email me your story? I would like to read it.

Boatguy, I apologize for my remarks. I usually am not that sarcastic!

scooch
05-30-2006, 10:13 PM
You can get to my grandfathers camp from the old snomobile trail that you are talking about...his camp is on lake oseetah. With regard to your unususal experience, I can't say with any confidence that what you saw was a big foot or the like, however I can relay an equally upsetting experience that occurred in the late seventies. Just before driving out of saranac lake on the sara-placid road (casa del sol, ames plaza, grand union) there is a left hand turn that will take you into the woods that near that old sno mobile trail. (tara drive) before it was developed. It was thick woods.
i lived up there and was walking home late at night from a babysitting job, and could hear something walking with me in the woods, right behind the tree line.....I had a friend who was with me and we kept stopping to listen, but it would also stop....this happened for close to 1/2 a mile. We were afraid to run, adraid to walk, afraid to talk...and didn't...and there was no need for clarification as she and I heard it every time at the same exact time and just kept looking at each other....and we just kept praying for that street light at the end of the dirt road we were on to get closer. When we got within about 50 yards of the street light we both started running like crazy and at about 10 yards past the street light (on tara drive) turned just in time to see something come out of the woods and cross the road. it did not look like a bear or anything else that i had ever seen, but i am quite sure that it was not a bear, and that it was actually an animal when it finally presented itself is what was the most amazing thing to me...as it clearly followed us and knew to be quiet when we were.

and redhawk, gary, .........please be nice!!!!!

Wildernessphoto
05-30-2006, 10:34 PM
and redhawk, gary, .........please be nice!!!!! :banghead: (sigh)
I HATE it when I have to be nice... :p

percious
05-31-2006, 06:25 AM
funnest thread in a while award.

Sasquach? I'm a believer!

-percious

Robony
05-31-2006, 10:16 AM
ESPN Hunts Bigfoot in ADK's: Have You Seen Bigfoot? ESPN Outdoors wants to know.
A crew from www.espnoutdoors.com is coming to the Adirondacks in July to research Bigfoot
encounters. They are looking for hunters and fishermen who may have had an
experience that they think may have been Bigfoot/Sasquatch related. They would
like you to tell them what happened and then take them back to the spot.

Since they understand the sensitivity of the subject they are certainly willing
to protect the identity of anyone who comes forth with information. Seriously,
if you would like to share your encounter for a story on a Web Site that is read
by thousands of people, contact Don Borone at ESPN Outdoors via
email. Don.Barone@espn.com and please CC ADKHunter.com webmaster (with confidence).

redhawk
05-31-2006, 05:21 PM
ESPN Hunts Bigfoot in ADK's: Have You Seen Bigfoot? ESPN Outdoors wants to know.
A crew from www.espnoutdoors.com is coming to the Adirondacks in July to research Bigfoot
encounters. They are looking for hunters and fishermen who may have had an
experience that they think may have been Bigfoot/Sasquatch related. They would
like you to tell them what happened and then take them back to the spot.

Since they understand the sensitivity of the subject they are certainly willing
to protect the identity of anyone who comes forth with information. Seriously,
if you would like to share your encounter for a story on a Web Site that is read
by thousands of people, contact Don Borone at ESPN Outdoors via
email. Don.Barone@espn.com and please CC ADKHunter.com webmaster (with confidence).

What in the Hell does ESPN have to do with Sasquatch? maybe they want to recruit it for the NBA?

Kevin
05-31-2006, 06:27 PM
I agree. Why didn't you pull the car on the side of the road and jump behind a tree?

They were probably smoking pot and don't (for good reasons) want to admit it. Most potheads drive on backroads to light up. Not that I've ever done that in my former life. :rolleyes:

Redhawk, based on the descriptions (7 feet tall, black) it could be Shaq hiding from the media. :drool:

scooch
05-31-2006, 07:32 PM
too funny.........................lol rofl

scooch
05-31-2006, 07:34 PM
Redhawk....i would like to read your story also.......thanks

Boreal Chickadee
06-01-2006, 12:01 AM
Scooch-as in Skychiefs Scooch????? Now there's a bigfoot!

Robony
06-01-2006, 07:34 AM
What in the Hell does ESPN have to do with Sasquatch? maybe they want to recruit it for the NBA?

Nah, He'd be too hard to tatoo

swizzlenutz
06-01-2006, 09:24 AM
I would love to read your story Redhawk. I love to read bigfoot stories. True or not its always nice to believe in something. I don't believe that every town in the world who has reported a yeti, sasquatch, abonamble snowman, wild man, mountain walker or other local name has one. I do believe there are a lot of things out there that will never be explained. I would personally love to witness a bigfoot myself or see actual real proof that such a creature exist. I don't believe that we have seen every single square inch of this planet and think there is actually room for something like this to exist. I've grown up hearing stories of a mountain walker being hit by a car and one being captured only to escape in the middle of the night. Granted alcohol, pot and chewing on the local shrubbery is bound to debunk a lot of stories, but why can't such a creature exist. We are all the time discovering new species. I know there are sceptics everywhere and everyone has to be sceptical of something. Maybe I'm chasing a mythical creature. The missing link or a drugged moose acting strange because he likes the tender new mushrooms he just found, but hey I think its fun to believe in such a wonderful creature. A left over from the age of neaderthals. I've never seen tracks or found strange hairs or seen 7 foot tall ape like creatures but I believe they are there. If not in our town then the next. If not our state then another. But I do believe that something is out there. Its just smarter then your average bigfoot hunter. Call me crazy, an alcoholic or a pothead if you will but I truely believe in the folklore of the land. Jason

redhawk
06-01-2006, 09:59 AM
By all too many requests to keep PM'ing: Guess we will turn this thread into a twilight zone!

The "Encounter" (or non encounter if you will)

When I lived out in Wellington, CO, a small town 10 miles North of Fort Collins, I was driving home from Work about 1:30 am. I ran out of gas about two miles from Wellington. This was a surprise because I thought I had gassed up the day before. There was a field on one side f the road and woods on the other. Wellington is a town or 200 people, icluding cows, sheep, cattle and pigs so there is no traffic on the road from Ft. Collins.

I had walked about 1/2 a mile and suddenly every hair on my head stood up straight and I felt chilled to the bone. Having spent several tours of duty "in-country" with my SEAL team in Nam, I had experienced this before, usually indicating an ambush or danger ahead.

I loked around and could see nothing, neither did I hear anything, but there was a strange smell which I can't explain. it was feint, and onlike anything I had ever smelled before. Somewhere between french fries and week old cadavers.

For the only time i can remember in my life, I was scared almost to the point of paralization. I finally shook it off and double timed it out of there as quickly as I could. i ran all the way home, took a shower, thought about the whole thing, convinced myself it was just something crazy and went to bed.

The next morning, i walked down to the garage/blacksmith shop to get a can of gas and see if someone could give me a ride to the car. When i got there, a couple of police cars were there and as i wet to the office, the owner said "here he is now". the police asked me if it was my car on the highway, why it was there, and if i had seen anything.

reluctantly I tolf them about the feeling I had and they listened intently, asking me again and again if i had seen anything strange. I told them no and just that I had smelled that strange scent.

After about a half hour of interrogation and them also checking my job to verify when I left work, they drove me
down to my car. As we passed the place where I had my hair stand on edge, there were a whole bunch of police and other governmant cars parked by the filed and a lot of people in the field.

When i asked what was going on, the deputy tole me that the night/morning before, there had been three cows that were found dead. One was nothing but skin and the other two had all their internal organs missing and there was no sign of tracks of any kind other then the cow tracks.

I got to the car, went to put the gas in and it would only take 3/4 of a gallon and it was full! I got in the car, turned the ignition and it started right up and i went home.

I never saw or heard a thing, but it was the only time in my life that I ever felt sheer terror.

There was never any kind of evidence as to what happened.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, there was no sign of blood either..

Robony
06-01-2006, 10:37 AM
"Although many have reported details about this mysterious "creature", few have actually seen it. Reports from around the world tell of thousands of mutilations of farm animals. The number of incidences of these horrors have increased, but by the time man has discovered the damage done, Chupacabra is no where to be found. Those who have seen Chupacabra report that this animal stands approximately 3 to 5 feet in height. It has fangs, quills on it's spine that can also be used as wings, red eyes and grey skin.

It has been reported that Chupacabra also has an unusual "smell" and leaves behind a stench that resembles sulfur. The main diet of this animal seems to be the Blood of the animals it attacks. The blood is literally sucked out of the animal. As a result, this creature was originally referred to as "Goat Sucker" due to it's zest for Goats in Puerto Rico, years ago."

Sounds kinda similar to your story. There's lots of info on this out there. Just Goggle it. Also, FWIW I agree with you Jason. You just never know. There is a great movie from the 70'sa that I watched over and over when it was on Showtime. It was about a group of hunters on an expedition to find BF. The movie was a mockumentary of their trip woven with other "famous" stories, including a report from Teddy Roosevelt about an encounter he had. I'll bet ole Teddy had some great sources by which to score some local vegetation!

scooch
06-01-2006, 07:20 PM
thank you for sharing redhawk...really fascinating encounter.....what i could identify with the most was the "feeling" of terror....or perhaps an inherant ability to sense it. I am admittedly not the bravest person in the world, but am not a coward either...but with everything in me I knew not to ignore my gut instinct, because of the almost "paralyzing" fear...
I have great respect for anyones ability to connect from a sixth sense. It is an amazing gift....

marzrw
06-02-2006, 07:56 PM
Redhawk...That sounds more like a 'Close Encounter' than a bigfoot episode...Especially since the 'authorities' were involved...There is 'way' too much unexplained phenomenon that our government has not told us to this day and it continues as time goes on...Thanks for sharing your story.

redhawk
06-02-2006, 09:03 PM
Redhawk...That sounds more like a 'Close Encounter' than a bigfoot episode..

I just wanted to point out that people should not be too quick to "poo poo" other peoples experiences.

Mavs00
06-02-2006, 10:03 PM
Hey, who knew, Hawk's crazy as a Sh*thouse loon. :rolling:

Just Kidding. I never had that kind of experience, but for sure, if I did, I'd probably crap a stone and beg forgiveness from the great almighty. I'd be a babbling idiot {okay, even more than I am now} for quite some time.

Yup, I'll admit it here. Great story Hawk ;)

Kevin
06-02-2006, 11:11 PM
"The universe is a pretty big place. It's bigger than anything anyone has ever dreamed of before. So if it's just us... seems like an awful waste of space. Right? " from Contact (http://contact-themovie.warnerbros.com/)

Wildernessphoto
06-03-2006, 09:58 AM
There was a confirmed siting in Oluska pass this past weekend!
Strange one, Very tall, but bald...Came out of the woods and growled at the campers at Ward Brook....

Kevin
06-03-2006, 10:11 AM
Strange one, Very tall, but bald...Came out of the woods and growled at the campers at Ward Brook....

It's got 4 eyes too. :eek:

Wildernessphoto
06-03-2006, 10:19 AM
It's true...4 eyes, and noisy too. You can see, and hear him coming. Please don't shoot him when you see him...He's been tagged and we're tracking his movements on www.adkforum.com...

scooch
06-03-2006, 10:40 AM
Holy ***********!!!! Evrybody Ruuuunnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!

steve40
06-03-2006, 10:49 AM
I had a tree fall down not far from where I was camping at T-lake falls,heard the breath get knocked out of something then heard it running through the woods.Probably a bear.Also experienced a horrible smell when hunting near Wagner brook in the same area.Again maybe a bear?Was not a dead animal smell.

Boreal Chickadee
06-03-2006, 11:36 AM
Steve-black bears have a smell that I would describe as musty. Very distinctive and not forgotten. Definitely not like a dead animal. At least that's what my nose says.

Judgeh
06-03-2006, 12:44 PM
It's true...4 eyes, and noisy too. You can see, and hear him coming. Please don't shoot him when you see him...He's been tagged and we're tracking his movements on www.adkforum.com...

and a large self inflicted hole on his golden dome

has to be the Duck Hole Guy!

redhawk
06-03-2006, 02:02 PM
and a large self inflicted hole on his golden dome

has to be the Duck Hole Guy!

Actually it's the extremely rare and elusive white breasted bald headed beaver.

redhawk
06-03-2006, 02:03 PM
Redhawk, based on the descriptions (7 feet tall, black) it could be Shaq hiding from the media. :drool:

Shaquille Sasquatch?

Wildernessphoto
06-03-2006, 02:13 PM
Actually it's the extremely rare and elusive white breasted bald headed beaver.yes it's true...It goes by many names as it roams the Seward range, bald headed Beaver, Sasquatch, bigfoot, and yes...Even the "Duck Hole Guy".
It is a dangerous creature, even inflicting injury on itself with it's ax...

:rolling:

steve40
06-03-2006, 03:28 PM
I know it scared me bad on my way down Wright :D

AdkWiley
06-03-2006, 03:31 PM
I know a guy who runs a sugar bush up in fanklin county. He went out to the sugar bush cabin one morning in the winter. There was a fresh coat of snow covering everything and there was a foot print on the front poarch in front of the door. It has large and had three toes. There was only one print and nothing else. He says he wasnt sure if the snow jsut melted that way but ther were no other spots that had melted. He has some guys that wont go into the sugar bush at night. After hearing that I came to the conclusion that big foot has one leg and wings. Makes sence seeing his name is "Bigfoot" , and not "bigfeet." Also he is hard to see because people expect to see him running around the woods, not flying above them. So keep your eyes on the sky! :D

steve40
06-03-2006, 03:34 PM
Will be sure to :rolling:

swizzlenutz
06-04-2006, 03:54 PM
Keep your eye on the skies is right. That wouldn't be a little goose plop, that'd be what's referred to as a boeing bomb. I doubt they have wings. I've had weird encounters with lights at night and even have a pic of a basketball sized orb 10 feet in front of me when taking a pic of a cellar hole. No goatsuckers or close encounters. Just distant observations. I've had the hair stand up on the back of my neck more then a few times in the woods or on the way home late at night from a fishing trip. One night I could hear the leaves moving just over the top of a steep bank. I would stop and a second or 2 later the noise would stop. I just kept walking and stopping and cold sweating. The farther up the hill I walked the closer the noises got. The steep bank gets shorter and eventually levels out even with the road. As I got to the spot in the road where the bank levels off I built up some courage (stupidity) and charged the woods with my flashlight. I growled and prepared to scream like a little girl. That's when I saw it. I'd never seen one in the woods before and now I was within 20 feet of a rather large gathering of porcupines. :rolling: Guess my :boozing: gave me an overactive imagination. The large family group of killer mountain walkers that I expected to encounter turned out to be a bunch of slow moving pricker bushes. :rolleyes: Sometimes you just never know. Oh by the way. I loved your story Redhawk. Pass it down your family tree and it will get locked into the roots of folklore. Jason

scooch
06-04-2006, 06:04 PM
scooch.....is a "she" and you can bet your bottom dollar she'd be damn hard to tatoo too........who is the Skychief Scooch? as a matter of fact my sicillian better half just informed that a "scooch" in Italian...is any of the following.....1. an itch 2. a pest or 3. a pain in the ***.............

ahh....but what does he know!!!!!!!!

Boreal Chickadee
06-04-2006, 06:25 PM
the syracuse Skychiefs Scooch- the mascot of the Syracuse Skychiefs AAA baseball team (farm team of the Toronto Blue Jays) . A rather large orange creature with a permanent smile and huge feet. He wears a blue hat and blue jersey. I'm not really sure what he is but there's a picture of him on the home page of skychiefs.com.

Wildernessphoto
06-04-2006, 09:24 PM
scooch.....is a "she" and you can bet your bottom dollar she'd be damn hard to tatoo too........who is the Skychief Scooch? as a matter of fact my sicillian better half just informed that a "scooch" in Italian...is any of the following.....1. an itch 2. a pest or 3. a pain in the ***.............

ahh....but what does he know!!!!!!!!sounds like he should know, he lives with all of the above! :p

(sorry...couldn't resist) :D

scooch
06-04-2006, 10:36 PM
LOLOL......oh true....so true.....but he must love me to death...because not one time in seventeen years has he ever told me that.....either that or he's lying!!!!!!!

Wildernessphoto
06-06-2006, 04:15 PM
LOLOL......oh true....so true.....but he must love me to death...because not one time in seventeen years has he ever told me that.....either that or he's lying!!!!!!!
LOL!!
He sounds like a prince among men!
put him on...I've got some questions for him...

:rolling:

scooch
06-06-2006, 04:22 PM
and you are just a dam laugh riot a minute!!!!!!
questions he would be happy to answer...I'm sure!!!

in all lololololol seriousnes...how is your head? lololol

Wildernessphoto
06-06-2006, 04:34 PM
and you are just a dam laugh riot a minute!!!!!!
questions he would be happy to answer...I'm sure!!!

in all lololololol seriousnes...how is your head? lolololLOL!!
I bet he would... :p
I'm out of traction, and my memory is coming back...I think I might make it...

scooch
06-06-2006, 04:43 PM
for future reference and just in case....as a true friend....I would be very happy to assist in the surgical removal if it ever happens again

Wildernessphoto
06-06-2006, 04:48 PM
for future reference and just in case....as a true friend....I would be very happy to assist in the surgical removal if it ever happens againLOL!!
I'm afraid there is a waiting list of people willing to help with surgery on me...But I'll keep you in mind!
:Peek:

redhawk
06-06-2006, 05:07 PM
LOL!!
I'm afraid there is a waiting list of people willing to help with surgery on me...But I'll keep you in mind!

This will be your second lobotomy if I'm not mistaken?

Wildernessphoto
06-06-2006, 05:23 PM
This will be your second lobotomy if I'm not mistaken?I can't remember... :drool:

AdRegion
06-06-2006, 09:30 PM
Sounds totally legit to me.

Bigfoot in Clarence (http://www.wgrz.com/video/vplayer.aspx?aid=15753&sid=38464&bw=hi&cat=2)

scooch
06-07-2006, 08:15 AM
me too.....even if someone is playing a joke, he saw what he saw.

Professor Hobbit
06-07-2006, 08:35 AM
Maybe if we fed the chupacabra some proper food, it wouldnt have to suck goats. May I suggest...
http://negativepositive.org/chupa.html

scooch
06-07-2006, 09:08 AM
LOLOLOLOL!!!!! We'll have to defer to Gary on this one....see what his choice of snacks are!

fvrwld
06-07-2006, 10:14 AM
Sounds totally legit to me.

Bigfoot in Clarence (http://www.wgrz.com/video/vplayer.aspx?aid=15753&sid=38464&bw=hi&cat=2)

Do you know when that picture was taken?

I wonder if it was someone wearing THIS (http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/pod/horizontal-pod.jsp?rid=&indexId=cat470132&navAction=push&navCount=8&cmCat=MainCatcat470076&parentType=index&parentId=cat470132&id=0026503). A turkey hunter, on someone's private land. Scurries away when he notices someone taking his photo. These suits are made to refract light in a way that makes the hunter difficult to discern. Just a thought.

Little Rickie
06-07-2006, 10:33 AM
I wonder if it was someone wearing THIS (http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/pod/horizontal-pod.jsp?rid=&indexId=cat470132&navAction=push&navCount=8&cmCat=MainCatcat470076&parentType=index&parentId=cat470132&id=0026503).

Great idea! :thumbs:

I can wear this on Halloween night when the neighbor kids come to the front door. The Darth Vader outfit coming out of the bushes is getting old. :D

redhawk
06-07-2006, 10:53 AM
Do you know when that picture was taken?

I wonder if it was someone wearing THIS (http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/pod/horizontal-pod.jsp?rid=&indexId=cat470132&navAction=push&navCount=8&cmCat=MainCatcat470076&parentType=index&parentId=cat470132&id=0026503). A turkey hunter, on someone's private land. Scurries away when he notices someone taking his photo. These suits are made to refract light in a way that makes the hunter difficult to discern. Just a thought.

Kind of like a "Gilly Suit" that snipers wear.

scooch
06-07-2006, 12:55 PM
photo was taken on May 27th somtime in the afternoon. (per friend from Buffalo).

Sasquatch
06-17-2006, 09:58 AM
Ahem, I've been know to trudge through the Adirondacks from time to time. Don't worry, I'm harmless (for the most part, I have a weakness for redheads of the female persuasion). Just don't take any pictures of me. It makes me angry, and you wouldn't like me when I'm angry....

redhawk
06-17-2006, 10:14 AM
Ahem, I've been know to trudge through the Adirondacks from time to time. Don't worry, I'm harmless (for the most part, I have a weakness for redheads of the female persuasion). Just don't take any pictures of me. It makes me angry, and you wouldn't like me when I'm angry....

Keep your hairy paws off the redheads, they're all mine!! :mad:

Skanondo
06-19-2006, 10:45 PM
1963. Trout fishing at Three ponds mountain in a leanto at waters edge. Across the pond at dawn a figure came out of the brush. It was no animal that I had ever seen and I consider myself an experienced woodsman. It lingered there for 30 seconds and went back into the brush. The next year I heard first hand of a sighting not a mile away at Hell devil dam. Trouble is, I was alone with no witness and quit telling anybody about it because nobody ever believed me. :( Thats my story and I'm stickin' to it.

charbo
06-20-2006, 01:28 PM
About 20 yrs ago growing up in Holland Patent my friend and I walked up the creek behind my house for about 3 miles when we came to some sand flats, we saw a bunch of bigfoot tracks. They looked liked human feet but were about 20 to 24 inches long and very deep in the sand. Everyone thought I was nuts but I know what I saw. Just a side note my grandfather used to go bigfoot hunting up in the westernville area. no sightings but he says tracts were plentiful. As far fetched as it sounds there is no reason for me not to believe in something that I saw with my own eyes.

Hitched Hiker
06-21-2006, 12:09 AM
Keep your hairy paws off the redheads, they're all mine!! :mad:
You should be careful of the redheads. Mother Nature has marked things with red that need to be handled with caution....coral snakes, red ants, hawks, male black widow spiders... need I say more?

redhawk
06-21-2006, 12:31 AM
You should be careful of the redheads. Mother Nature has marked things with red that need to be handled with caution....coral snakes, red ants, hawks, male black widow spiders... need I say more?

There are times I throw caution to the wind and saddle a bolt of lightning! ;)

Hitched Hiker
06-21-2006, 04:38 PM
There are times I throw caution to the wind and saddle a bolt of lightning! ;)

Thats got to leave a mark! :eek:

Tidge
06-21-2006, 05:55 PM
There is a rich history of Sasquatch sightings in NY state and the adirondacks evidently... There is a book called Monsters of the Northwoods (http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?z=y&isbn=0925168009&itm=1) that chronicles these sightings that include some pretty convincing reports from the Whitehall area involving admitted sightings by both Sherrif's deputies and State Troopers...

Sasquatch
06-22-2006, 08:36 AM
I'd have to agree that the color red is definitely a warning, but I always was a slow learner..... :D

Trailpatrol
06-27-2006, 12:48 AM
Has anyone ever had what they think was a sasquatch encounter in the park? - Justin

Could this be the "Bog Monster" I was asking about earlier this year?

Hans

Chris I
07-29-2006, 11:18 PM
http://www.poststar.com/articles/2006/07/29/news/doc44cc13d6785a2077385180.txt :dance:

DeanA
08-09-2006, 09:58 PM
Hey guys. New here. If you think you've had a Bigfoot experience, go to bfro.net and report it using the sighting report form. For every documented experience (probably hundreds) there are likely 10 more that go unreported. I'm always skeptical about this stuff, but in doing some recent research I've been incredibly amazed at how many people report experiences that cannot be explained by other, more plausible explanations. Bfro seems a little more respectable than some of the other sites out there (there are LOTS of them).

BarbOrdell
08-14-2006, 10:39 PM
HE LIVES! (http://www.wakelydam.com/2k5results/runners/12.htm)

ADK Tank
10-31-2007, 09:02 AM
I figured I would stir this one up a bit again. Is there finally hard evidence of a big foot? Here's the story http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071028/ap_on_fe_st/odd_bigfoot_in_pa

redhawk
10-31-2007, 09:36 AM
I figured I would stir this one up a bit again. Is there finally hard evidence of a big foot? Here's the story http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071028/ap_on_fe_st/odd_bigfoot_in_pa

One of the things that i found interesting is in a recent interview I watched with Jane Goodall, she stated that she and other primate biologists believe that there are undiscovered primate species out thees still and that Bigfoot and Yeti are among them.

So I guess the speculation is scientific (speculation - science, oxymoron?) as well as "folk"

Hawk

tenpennys
10-31-2007, 12:30 PM
A quickie! I believe in Bigfoot! I have seen humaniod tracks that I could not explain, have heard sounds that I could not identify, hence - I believe.

sky
10-31-2007, 12:33 PM
Hey, if it's scientifically possible it has to be false........right. i'm gonna go see if i can create bigfoot in a petri dish.

Robony
10-31-2007, 02:51 PM
A quickie! I believe in Bigfoot! I have seen humaniod tracks that I could not explain, have heard sounds that I could not identify, hence - I believe.

Could I ask where?

wiiawiwb
10-31-2007, 05:59 PM
I listened to the interview with Jane Goodall and as Redhawk mentioned she steadfastly believes there are undiscovered primates. Let's not forget that mountain gorillas were nothing but a proposterous "myth" until they were found to exist on the 1900s.

In 40 years of technological advances of untold proportion and despite the attempts by thousands of people, no one has ever been able to prove the PGF (Patterson-Gimlin fim) was fake.

Disbelievers always ask, "Well, why then haven't we found any skeletons or bones from one?" That's simple. They're not easy to find. Gigantopithecus lived for approximately 5 million years and all we have to show for his existence are a handful of teeth and a partial lower mandible.

No one will convince me they are not real nor will anyone convince me they don't reside in NYS.

Starshadow
10-31-2007, 06:40 PM
Bigfoot in the Adirondacks
by Brian

Back in the late 1970s, my parents purchased an old farmhouse that was built in 1880 in a town called South Kortright, NY. The house sat on seven acres of a beautiful valley in the middle of the Adirondack Mountains. The farmhouse was in disrepair when they purchased it, but over the years they fixed it up into a very comfortable weekend and summer retreat from the urban bustle of the New York City area, where we lived. The trip took three and one-half to four hours every Friday night, but my sister and I didn't mind it at all.

One night, after we arrived at approximately nine at night, my sister and I sat at the kitchen table eating sandwiches for dinner while my parents had cocktails in the front living room. The kitchen was at the rear of the house and the windows faced a drop-off in the property which ran down to a clear running stream. As I was eating my dinner, I was gazing out the window. It was a dark, overcast and moonless October night. As I turned my head from facing my sister, I looked out the window, which was twelve feet from where I was sitting, and there, illuminated from the light spilling out of the kitchen, was a huge, ape-like face staring back at me. It had a broad, wide face, with no discernable neck and shoulders that spread out beyond the four foot wide window. The brow of the creature was heavy and I do not recall any expression on the creature’s face. It was clearly and most obviously a Bigfoot, but what was different from any description that I had heard before about a Bigfoot was that the hair of this creature was more orange-like, not brown or black. At this point I yelled and motioned to the window and my sister turned and saw the creature as well. We both yelled for my parents, but when they got there, the creature was gone.

My father and I took flashlights and went outside to look for it, but the ground was too hard due to a cold autumn that year. What we did realize, however, was that the creature would have to be over nine feet tall for its face to be visible through the window at the kitchen, since the basement level was exposed at that part of the house, as the farmhouse was built into a hill. My parents never believed my sister and I, especially since the color of the beast was orange, but about two weeks later we read a local paper in which a farmer said he spotted a big hairy creature breaking into his henhouse and stealing chickens. The color of the creature's hair? Orange!

http://paranormal.about.com/library/blstory_july04_02.htm was the page.

I don`t discount the possibility.

Rock
10-31-2007, 08:43 PM
was a huge, ape-like face staring back at me. It had a broad, wide face, with no discernable neck and shoulders that spread out

I think that was my friend Louis?

He got lost that day, he was probably just looking to use the phone or wanted something to eat!

wiiawiwb
10-31-2007, 10:48 PM
I had an encounter on evening about 15 years ago very similar to Starshadow. It was dark and the lawn was illuminated only by the moon's light. I was sitting in the living room reading and something caught my attention. I couldn't believe what was I was seeing...an incredibly tall, wide-shouldered and very hairy creature cross my lawn. I immediately ran to the front door, whipped it open and low and behold our eyes met.

It was my mother-in-law going to her car in the driveway.

redhawk
10-31-2007, 11:14 PM
I had an encounter on evening about 15 years ago very similar to Starshadow. It was dark and the lawn was illuminated only by the moon's light. I was sitting in the living room reading and something caught my attention. I couldn't believe what was I was seeing...an incredibly tall, wide-shouldered and very hairy creature cross my lawn. I immediately ran to the front door, whipped it open and low and behold our eyes met.

It was my mother-in-law going to her car in the driveway.

I just forwarded her a copy of this......:eek:

Starshadow
11-01-2007, 07:35 AM
Hmmm...Have been wondering the correct procedure to follow if a Bigfoot suddenly appears in the campfire light by the lean-to.

Bang pots together?

Play dead?

Throw on some extra Hawk Vittles?

Do my vaudeville act and scare it away that way?

Bend over and present?

Any other ideas would be appreciated.

redhawk
11-01-2007, 09:45 AM
Hmmm...Have been wondering the correct procedure to follow if a Bigfoot suddenly appears in the campfire light by the lean-to.

Bang pots together?

Play dead?

Bend over and present?

Evacuate the friggin' lean too!!!

Robony
11-01-2007, 11:12 AM

Bang pots together?

Play dead?

Bend over and present?

Simple, you gotta move over until the lean-to is at capacity. :clap:

Starshadow
11-01-2007, 12:19 PM
Don`t know if you`ve seen this one but it is my favorite "Messin` with Sasquatch"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2d_m2OVa_g

Lute Hawkins
11-01-2007, 04:02 PM
Did anybody think to ask Growly Bear about sasquatches? If'n anybody would know about them, I'll bet he'd know.

Rock
11-01-2007, 06:43 PM
4675 First thing I would do is offer it a beer and ask if it has seen any Mountain Lions or Timber Wolves around?

Justin
11-01-2007, 08:22 PM
:dance: :clap: :rolling:

Lute, come on! ...you don't have any Bigfoot stories?;) --Justin

ADKlvr
11-01-2007, 09:36 PM
:eek: well what do you believe?:eek:
http://www.bfro.net/avevid/jacobs/jacobs_photos.asp
Those new fangled scouting cameras are something else.:Peek: :confused: :eek:

redhawk
11-01-2007, 10:09 PM
Guess we'll have to start the adkforum X-files.

chairrock
11-02-2007, 08:44 AM
Guess we'll have to start the adkforum X-files.
Hey, this is a family channel!

redhawk
11-02-2007, 08:54 AM
Hey, this is a family channel!

I said X

Not XXX or XXXX

Pay attention Bustah!!!!! :mad:

Growly Bear
11-02-2007, 10:16 AM
Did anybody think to ask Growly Bear about sasquatches? If'n anybody would know about them, I'll bet he'd know.
I have never seen anything like a sasquatch. Nor do us bears have any stories about them. I have seen humans covering themselves with hair and walking around at nighttime making strange noises, but there is no such thing as a sasquatch (although DEC personnel come fairly close).

Professor Hobbit
11-02-2007, 11:37 AM
So, hypothetically....who would win in a fight between growly and sasquatch?
not a death match, just a good natured brawl for the charity of their choice.

Lute Hawkins
11-02-2007, 02:01 PM
My money's on the bear. As we can see by his avatar, he's for real.

Rock
11-03-2007, 10:17 AM
Back in the late 1970s, my parents purchased an old farmhouse that was built in 1880 in a town called South Kortright, NY. The house sat on seven acres of a beautiful valley in the middle of the Adirondack Mountains. The farmhouse was in disrepair when they purchased it, but over the years they fixed it up into a very comfortable weekend and summer retreat from the urban bustle of the New York City area, where we lived. The trip took three and one-half to four hours every Friday night, but my sister and I didn't mind it at all.

South Kortright is not in the Adirondack Mountains, its just south of Stamford NY which is near Gilboa (By the Catskills) Beautiful country though!

This one was caught stealing a crapper!

ADK Rock Farmer
11-10-2007, 09:05 PM
FUNNY!!!!!!
That's what I'm talkin' bout!
While we are taking a dose of:"Is it real?"
How about the mountain lion thing?
My vote- NO, No tracks- no pictures- No road Kill= no mountain Lions. period :beatdead:

redhawk
11-11-2007, 07:23 AM
South Kortright is not in the Adirondack Mountains, its just south of Stamford NY which is near Gilboa (By the Catskills) Beautiful country though!

This one was caught stealing a crapper!

Can't fool me. That's Growly Bear with a dye job and shades!!

wiselion
11-11-2007, 09:53 PM
Now I'm a believer. I saw Bigfoot this weekend in Hague while hunting near Indian Pond. What an experiance I tell you. I had quite a good time showing him how to handle the recoil on my .45 grizzly win mag handgun. He was so delighted with that gun ,that I said to myself "what the heck" and gave it to him.

By the way he did have a pistol permit as well, so everything was Kosher. So if you see Bigfoot in the Hague area carrying a huge chrome semi auto pistol, I betcha you too will be a believer.

RobertRogers
11-28-2007, 07:38 AM
On the BFRO.net site:

"In North American forests, forage is mainly the soft tips of mature plants and trees, wild fruits and berries - things that are not very noticeable when they are gone. Targeting these types of food sources does not leave an "observable effect on the environment,"

Not very noticeable? You mean like when moose eat out whole swaths of undergrowth in recently logged areas?

Too funny.

wiiawiwb
12-15-2007, 08:15 PM
Just finished reading Monsters of the Northwoods. There were a number of "events" cited that may not mean too much such as unusual sounding yells and screams. But, I closed the book and said to myself, "Whoa, there are BF in the Adirondacks!".

Justin
12-16-2007, 03:14 PM
Monsters of the Northwoods.

The Abair Incident.:eek:

wiiawiwb
05-14-2008, 11:37 PM
Now that the fair-weather hiking season is upon us more people will be venturing into the woods. Many of the Sasquatch stories, sightings and encounters have come from two areas of the Adirondacks...Whitehall and Sabbath Day Point. Both of these areas are near Lake George and both contain a fair amount of hiking trails.

Whitehall is definitely on the radar of the Bigfoot community nationally.

I am curious to see if any new reports begin to come in as the weather warms, i.e. migration.

Lute Hawkins
05-17-2008, 10:37 PM
From what I understand about their migration patterns, they're always seen alongside roadways by folks who just frequented the local pub and are Art Bell fans.

wiiawiwb
05-18-2008, 10:04 AM
From what I understand about their migration patterns, they're always seen alongside roadways by folks who just frequented the local pub and are Art Bell fans.

I wouldn't know as I don't frequent the local pubs nor listen to Art Bell.

DRIFTER
05-18-2008, 10:56 AM
*http://www.bradfitzpatrick.com/store/images/products/preview/no018-cartoon-sun.jpg*

:dance: *JUST IN TIME FOR SUMMER*:dance:

http://orgoneresearch.com/post-2-1107477156.gif

.........Throw away those old flip-flops and have some real fun with our new and improved," B F SANDALS". If you act now, we'll throw in a 10% off coupon for a pair of Dr. scholls gellin[ not smellin], insoles. Scare your friends, lower property values and buy real estate cheap......Dozens of uses and they'll feel good on your feet . Start BF Gellin today. Sizes 22-34! ;)

......ADDED NOTE; What the hell is sitting atop the guy in the pictures head?

Buster Bear
05-18-2008, 12:29 PM
I've heard of a local Sasquatch militia and it would seem it wants us...

Lute Hawkins
05-18-2008, 03:33 PM
Hey Driifter, do them there feet come with toenails or must they be purchased separately?

DRIFTER
05-18-2008, 04:06 PM
Hey Driifter, do them there feet come with toenails or must they be purchased separately?

I'm glad you asked that question; Roofing nails can be added at an additional cost and are recommended for climbing, flooring nails are also an option and are excellent for winter big-footing! Good luck terrorizing the neighborhood with your new BF Sandals......

Sorry, no refunds and no returns on BF products...A wholly owned subsidiary of DRIFTER UNLIMITED.

Justin
05-18-2008, 04:56 PM
I thought for sure I saw Bigfoot this weekend! At least I'm positive I was on his trail.:rolling:

:boozing:

backwoodsman
05-18-2008, 05:46 PM
Justin, thats bigpoop,not bigfoot.Just wanted to clear that up for you.

sheri
05-18-2008, 09:12 PM
Okay, I was just innocently reading all these comments about bigfoot (and giggling uncontrollably) when the talk suddenly turned to redheads! In our defense, we are only dangerous in confined spaces... and if being compared to bigfoot. Just a tip... in case you run into one of us in the wild.

DRIFTER
05-19-2008, 06:05 PM
Okay, I was just innocently reading all these comments about bigfoot (and giggling uncontrollably) when the talk suddenly turned to redheads! In our defense, we are only dangerous in confined spaces... and if being compared to bigfoot. Just a tip... in case you run into one of us in the wild.

Here's something for you!

9-Foot, Redheaded Vegetarian Stalks China

26 March 1981

PEKING - Bigfoot is a vegetarian redhead.

He stands about nine feet tall. He strides eight feet with each step of clodhopping, five-toed feet that measure 19 inches. He scares some people and intrigues a great many more. Is he a lost link between man and the apes? The alleged Chinese cousin of America's supposed Bigfoot lives in a heavily forested, lightly populated region of Hubei provence in central China.

The Chinese call him "ye ren" - wild man. And, being Chinese, they have a five-year plan to track him down. Results of the first summer expedition, now being published in Peking, are intriguing but inconclusive. More than 250 local folk in northwestern Hubei have sighted ye ren at different places and different times. However, no one has produced him for an outsider yet, or for a camera.

Investigators say the witnesses draw a common portrait: Ye ren is very tall. He has red hair or fur, no tail, and walks upright. About 8,000 feet up the side of Jiongdao Mountain in Hubei, scientists discovered more than 200 footprints. The Chinese press says they are the largest footprints found anywhere in the world. The tracks show that ye ren walks as humans do, with no sliding motion, they say. Hair samples recovered from trees and brambles are red and fine and resemble human air in their cellular structure, the scientists say.

From analysis of the footprint, the hair and the droppings, the scientists have ruled out the possibility that they are tracking a bear or a [known] ape. A statesman-poet named Qu Yuan who lived in the Third century BC in the area where the present search is being mounted, referred in his verses to "mountain ogres." A seventh century historian described a tribe of "hairy men" in the same region, and an 18th century poet spoke of a creature "monkey-like yet not monkey" in adjoining Shaanxi province. The witnesses also are persuasive, according to Liu Minzhuang, a biology lecturer in Shanghai who has been researching ye ren for more than 20 years and who led last summer's expedition. One old peasant told of being with Nationalist Chinese soldiers who tracked eight ye ren through thick forests for 10 days in 1947. One was killed and dismembered
by the soldiers, the peasant said, but any record of the incident was lost in the chaos of the Nationalist-Communist civil war. In one of the best documented sightings, five forestry workers said they were able to approach within a few feet of a tail-less creature with reddish fur near Shennongjia Mountain in May 1976

sheri
05-19-2008, 06:37 PM
I wondered where my brother disappeared to

Jason
05-20-2008, 03:22 PM
Since this thread has been revived by sightings of Sheri's long lost brother, here's a hypothetical:

Let's say that I, as a non-Bigfoot obsessed normal person, suddenly claimed that I had an encounter with a Sasquatch-like creature in the woods. Let us assume that my tale is simple and sound (as in the I stood there and looked at a creature in front of me in broad daylight before it moved away) and that I provided vital details in a clear, concise, and calm way. Let us assume that while I resist exaggerating, it's impossible not to describe this creature as being what we'd expect Bigfoot to be.

Even if this encounter was described in such a reasoanble fashion and did not contain any extraneous information that might lead you to think that I was otherwise crazy, who would be inclined to believe me at all? Who would refuse to believe me no matter how straightforward the story? Are some of you willing to rule the improbable as indeed impossible no matter how honest or forthright the source?

Lute Hawkins
05-20-2008, 03:54 PM
I would be inclined to disbelieve you. In all these years of bigfoot "sightings", nobody anywhere ever found a den where bigfoots (plural "bigfeet"?) hole up, never found a skeleton, or tools, or even an application form from a bigfoot applying for medicare. Where is phycial proof, and I don't mean footprints made from polyurethane molds or grainy filmclips of a dude in a monkey suit. With all the anthropologists out there, something substantial would have been found by now.

What...are bigfoots "mystical earth children", offspring of the "earth mother", who pop out like mushrooms when it rains, run across a field so someone sees them, then shrivel back to nothingness when the sun comes out? Ha! How convenient for the bigfoot mythos that live specimens are supposedly seen but never found. Bigfoot believers are downright silly!

redhawk
05-20-2008, 04:28 PM
I would be inclined to disbelieve you. In all these years of bigfoot "sightings", nobody anywhere ever found a den where bigfoots (plural "bigfeet"?) hole up, never found a skeleton, or tools, or even an application form from a bigfoot applying for medicare. Where is phycial proof, and I don't mean footprints made from polyurethane molds or grainy filmclips of a dude in a monkey suit. With all the anthropologists out there, something substantial would have been found by now.

What...are bigfoots "mystical earth children", offspring of the "earth mother", who pop out like mushrooms when it rains, run across a field so someone sees them, then shrivel back to nothingness when the sun comes out? Ha! How convenient for the bigfoot mythos that live specimens are supposedly seen but never found. Bigfoot believers are downright silly!

Lute, you seem too willing to try to pooh pooh the existence of Bigfoot. It's almost as if you have an agenda.

Come to think of it, you do bear a resemblance .....

Hawk

Lute Hawkins
05-20-2008, 05:26 PM
Lute, you seem too willing to try to pooh pooh the existence of Bigfoot. It's almost as if you have an agenda.

Come to think of it, you do bear a resemblance .....

Hawk

Reckon I don't know what yer talkin about. My feet are too small for me to be a bigfoot (size 12). Actually one foot is a size 12.5...old injury, long story. :(

Lute Hawkins
05-20-2008, 05:40 PM
Just fer laffs...

http://seemikedraw.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/bigfoot.gif

DRIFTER
05-20-2008, 06:04 PM
........One more;

http://www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/dre0650l.jpg

wiiawiwb
05-20-2008, 06:29 PM

You're kidding me, right?

Well, first of all, Gigantopithecus lived for approximately 700,000 years and all we have of him (or her) are four lower mandibles and some teeth. How do you explain the virtual absence of evidence of its existence when it roamed this earth for almost a million years?

Second, there are items of evidence which have not been explained or associated with any known creature in North America. Unknown hair fibers for one.

Third, in 2004 Nina Jablonski discovered three chimpanzee teeth in Kenya's Rift Valley. Before then no chimpanzee fossils had ever been found in Africa before. Kindly explain to me how not one, single, solitary chimpanzee fossil had ever been found before 2004 yet we know chimpanzees existed in Africa?

Fourth, what exactly would you atttribute to the tens of thousands of sightings and encounters by wildlife biologists, park rangers, experienced hunters, hikers, and others? A walking bear? LSD? What about the sightings over hundreds of years by Native Americans? What possible motive did they have back in the 1700s to create a hoax? In order for you to be right every one of them has to be wrong.

Fifth, are you telling me that Jane Goodall is downright silly?

Sixth, PGF. To this day no person or entity has been able to recreate a suit that even comes close to the Patterson/Gimlin filmed creature. A few years ago the BBC, with an extensive budget, hired a group to make the most realistic suit they could, then film someone walking in it. It was a joke. So even with today's technology, and 40 years later, no one can come close to duplicating what was seen in October 1967. Any explanations why? (BTW, the PGF has recently been digitally enhanced, stabilized and copied under digital microscope frame by frame from the original 16mm film)

Seventh, using your logic, you would have called the people who believed in mountain gorillas as also being silly and we know for a fact they were not.

I'll concede that a body has not been brought to a stainless-steel examining table. That doesn't mean there isn't a creature out there. Laugh all you want but there is something out there and I believe that something is in the Adirondacks near Lake George.

DRIFTER
05-20-2008, 06:50 PM

......Not me!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/dc/Jane_Goodall_HK.jpg/225px-

* there have been many sightings of Santa Claus too! http://images.cafepress.com/image/23794791_125x125.jpg

Lute Hawkins
05-20-2008, 08:01 PM
You're kidding me, right?

Really, I'm not. But I appreciate your taking the time to substantiate your belief. My rebuttal...

Well, first of all, Gigantopithecus lived for approximately 700,000 years and all we have of him (or her) are four lower mandibles and some teeth. How do you explain the virtual absence of evidence of its existence when it roamed this earth for almost a million years?

That's not the issue. Nobody is saying they saw a Gigantopithecus. People say they believe a bigfoot-like creature exists today. It'd be cool if such a thing existed, but I'm not into mythology, repackaged as proof. Substantive proof, please!!!

Second, there are items of evidence which have not been explained or associated with any known creature in North America. Unknown hair fibers for one.

Maybe the fibers came from some rare imported animal from another continent that was let loose?

Third, in 2004 Nina Jablonski discovered three chimpanzee teeth in Kenya's Rift Valley. Before then no chimpanzee fossils had ever been found in Africa before. Kindly explain to me how not one, single, solitary chimpanzee fossil had ever been found before 2004 yet we know chimpanzees existed in Africa?

Anthropologists are finding fossils of previously-unknown creatures all the time. What does a chimp tooth in Kenya prove? Fossilization is a complex process that requires a certain set of circumstances and conditions of both the organic creature and the strata around it. Climatic and geolgical events can completely erase fossil beds.

Fourth, what exactly would you atttribute to the tens of thousands of sightings and encounters by wildlife biologists, park rangers, experienced hunters, hikers, and others? A walking bear? LSD? What about the sightings over hundreds of years by Native Americans? What possible motive did they have back in the 1700s to create a hoax? In order for you to be right every one of them has to be wrong.

And not one of them was ever able to stalk and follow the "creature" to its den or nest or lair or wherever it hangs out. It just magically disappears into the misty woods. *Poof*!

I acknowledge her achievement in living with gorillas. Are you saying I should prostrate myself before her belief in sasquatch (assuming she believes in them) just because of who she is??? Next you'll tell me Algore invented the internet, and the proof is that he said so.

Sixth, PGF. To this day no person or entity has been able to recreate a suit that even comes close to the Patterson/Gimlin filmed creature. A few years ago the BBC, with an extensive budget, hired a group to make the most realistic suit they could, then film someone walking in it. It was a joke. So even with today's technology, and 40 years later, no one can come close to duplicating what was seen in October 1967. Any explanations why? (BTW, the PGF has recently been digitally enhanced, stabilized and copied under digital microscope frame by frame from the original 16mm film)

I haven't read every single article, but a cursory google search looking for debunkings of the film turned up more literature than even I thought existed.

Seventh, using your logic, you would have called the people who believed in mountain gorillas as also being silly and we know for a fact they were not.

My logic suggests nothing of the sort. I know some crabs live on land; some bugs live in snow; turtles (tortoises) can live in a desert. I know that the remains of tropical plans are found undee the ice on Antarctica. I know gorillas exist; I would not find it surprising to find them (or a related species) in locations outside of their known habitats.

I'll concede that a body has not been brought to a stainless-steel examining table. That doesn't mean there isn't a creature out there. Laugh all you want but there is something out there and I believe that something is in the Adirondacks near Lake George.

What I'm about to say in closing might leave a few folks scratching their heads, but I'm submitting testimony from the only one among us who is in the woods 24/7 and would know about such things: our own Growly Bear...
I have never seen anything like a sasquatch. Nor do us bears have any stories about them. I have seen humans covering themselves with hair and walking around at nighttime making strange noises, but there is no such thing as a sasquatch (although DEC personnel come fairly close).

LifeOutside
05-21-2008, 08:00 PM
Isn't Lute bigfoot?

Lute Hawkins
05-21-2008, 08:49 PM
Isn't Lute bigfoot?

Hey, you! I have more posts than you! Respect your elders! :gripe: :cool:

Neognosis
05-21-2008, 09:03 PM
Allow me to answer these claims.

Gigantopithecus lived for approximately 700,000 years and all we have of him (or her) are four lower mandibles and some teeth. How do you explain the virtual absence of evidence of its existence when it roamed this earth for almost a million years?

Gigantopithecus became extinct many, many years ago and his remains have been sold in chinese medicine shops for years before we realized what they were. but...and here's the main point you don't seem to consider...REMAINS WERE FOUND. It is astronomically unlikely that an animal supposedly alive TODAY, would leave NO remains behind. EVER. Not one bone, not one hide, not one tooth.

No there are not. Every time a report comes out about a hair fiber or something, the big foot fanatics go CRAZY and talk about it for weeks. But then, when the sample is found to be a doll's hair, a synthetic fiber, a coconut strand, plant matter, etc. etc, nobody really talks about that, and the myth that there are unexplained samples out there is perpetuated.

IF there is a current unexplained fiber in existance, it will be explained. But noboby will remember that part.

I highly doubt that your assertion that no chimpanzee fossils had ever been found in Afirca is correct. I'm not an anthropologist or a biologist, just a realist. But you're going to have to supply citations if you are going to claim that no chimpanzee fossils had ever been found in Africa before 2004. also, I feel confident in claiming that actual, real, chimpanzees had been found in Africa long before then. But nobody has ever, not once, ever, taken a convincing photograph or found a fossil or ANYTHING of bigfoot. Why not? Because he doesn't exist.

There are not "tens of thousands" of sightings. Even a cursory glance at the BFRO database will reveal to a thoughtful, rational person that the vast, vast, vast majority of "sightings" are things like reports of sounds, fleeting glimpses of something in shadow, reports by questionable people, etc.

Even a cursory education in human psychology and perception reveals tha the human mind "sees" what it can make sense of. this is how magic and illusion works, and the reason why human beings can "see" a portrait of a relative, when what is really in the canvas is a series of color and lines and shading. Our minds take partial data and fill in the blanks. Combine this with poor light, long hours, being alone, imagination, and/or the preconceived notion that one MIGHT see bigfoot....and the conclusion is obvious.

Jane Goodall offers absolutely no proof of bigfoot, and says she "wishes" that bigfoot were real. She admits that she has NO EXPLANATION for the lack of fossil or physical evidence.

You only believe this because you WANT to. The PGF film is LAUGHABLE. LAUGHABLE. Aside from the grainy lack of quality and the shakiness, there is no sense of scale and no detail. Yet wanna-believers gobble up anything that claims that there is realistic musculature with a complete suspension of disbelief and reason.

I certainly wouldn't have. But we have documented, captured, killed, etc. mountain gorillas. We went to where they were, and we saw them. Because they have to follow a list of certain biological "rules."

All animals follow these biological imperatives except bigfoot, because he doesn't exist.

I've been long enough. If you want, I'll explain why it is virtually impossible for bigfoot to exist.

One thing to consider: all animals, ALL animals, reproduce to the point where they stress the environment and then natural factors cut their population down. Except bigfoot. He magically exists at the perfect population where there are few enough of them to NEVER be collected or documented. Yet he's magical, so this tiny number is somehow enough to sustain the species.

This is impossible. A large mammal species must have X number of members to keep the species non-extinct. And this number can not stay perfectly hidden and out of the grasp of science. That's only one imperative that bigfoot breaks. There are several more.

LifeOutside
05-21-2008, 10:00 PM
Hey, you! I have more posts than you! Respect your elders! :gripe: :cool:

Just because your kind have lived for 700,000 something years doesn't make you my elder!

redhawk
05-22-2008, 12:53 AM
NEOGNOSIS:

Finding no trace is not proof that something doesn't exist. It is impossible to prove logically or scientifically that anything does not exist.

No one has ever seen God. There are no remains,, fossils or scientific proof that God exists. Does that make the atheists right and all religions wrong?

Modern science is finding life in places where it was once thought impossible to exist. Hundreds of new species are discovered every year.

I don't know if Bigfoot exists or not, but I have seen and heard MORE reasons that it does exist then I have seen reasons it doesn't.

So until someone proves beyond a doubt, one way or another I'll keep an open mind. I have seen and heard things in the woods that I can not explain, not once or twice, but often, especially in remote places, much more remote then the Adirondacks or any of the National Parks .
Don't know what I heard, or saw, nor do I wish to perpetrate the Bigfoot lore, but I am neither a skeptic nor a believer.

Hawk

wiiawiwb
05-22-2008, 10:15 AM
NEOGNOSIS:

Finding no trace is not proof that something doesn't exist. It is impossible to prove logically or scientifically that anything does not exist.

No one has ever seen God. There are no remains,, fossils or scientific proof that God exists. Does that make the atheists right and all religions wrong?

Modern science is finding life in places where it was once thought impossible to exist. Hundreds of new species are discovered every year.

I don't know if Bigfoot exists or not, but I have seen and heard MORE reasons that it does exist then I have seen reasons it doesn't.

So until someone proves beyond a doubt, one way or another I'll keep an open mind. I have seen and heard things in the woods that I can not explain, not once or twice, but often, especially in remote places, much more remote then the Adirondacks or any of the National Parks .
Don't know what I heard, or saw, nor do I wish to perpetrate the Bigfoot lore, but I am neither a skeptic nor a believer.

Hawk

Well said Hawk.

"You only believe this because you WANT to. The PGF film is LAUGHABLE. LAUGHABLE. Aside from the grainy lack of quality and the shakiness, there is no sense of scale and no detail. Yet wanna-believers gobble up anything that claims that there is realistic musculature with a complete suspension of disbelief and reason."

Neognosis obviously isn't familiar with the work of MK Davis, Owen Caddy or Bill Munns. If anyone is interested this is the most in-depth analysis of the PGF on the internet:

http://www.bigfootforums.com/index.php?showforum=35

I highly doubt that your assertion that no chimpanzee fossils had ever been found in Afirca is correct. I'm not an anthropologist or a biologist, just a realist. But you're going to have to supply citations if you are going to claim that no chimpanzee fossils had ever been found in Africa before 2004.

The discovery in 2004 is a matter of record and I'm not quite sure what realism has to do with that fact:

http://www.calacademy.org/geninfo/newsroom/releases/2005/Jablonski%20fossil%20chimp.html

Neognosis, weren't you saying something about musculature?

Neognosis
05-22-2008, 11:17 AM
NEOGNOSIS:

That is absolutely correct. I don't base the conclusion that bigfoot can not exist on proving a negative. I base the conclusion because bigfoot breaks too many biological imperatives. For instance, why don't we see him or document him? Well, because he's rare. Well, if he's rare, how does he find mates and perpetuate his species? Magic. He's rare enough to remain perfectly hidden fron science in a 1st world country, yet plentifull enough to keep his species going. Nonsense.

What does he eat? Why is there no mark on the ecosystem of a 7 foot gorilla?

Where does he shelter? Why have we found no caves or temporary shelters? Even the mountain gorilla, who lives in a signifantly warmer climate, makes rudimentary leaf shelters when it rains, and we have found and identified them.

If bigfoot ranged from the east to the west coast, as you MUST accept if you use native american stories as "evidence," it is nearly absurd to think that, with all human encroachment and development, we have found NOTHING. NOTHING.

People can NOT know that god exists. Religion is about faith and belief. Faith and belief in something that has no proof. This is a very good analogy for the bigfoot myth. Thanks for bringing that to light.

That's right....bugs and rodents and an occasional small pig species. Not 7 foot gorillas living in relative proximity to humans.

So until someone proves beyond a doubt, one way or another I'll keep an open mind.

But you DON'T have an open mind. If you did, you would have to consider all the biological arguments against a 7 foot ape not only surviving, but eluding science for centuries, in a developed nation. Bigfoot people LOVE to say that they are open minded, but it's quite the opposite. Ignoring scientific principle and keeping fantasy alive is NOT open minded. It is closed minded to reason and logic.

I have seen and heard things in the woods that I can not explain, not once or twice, but often, especially in remote places, much more remote then the Adirondacks or any of the National Parks .

so have I. But as a logical and rational person, I do not jump to the illogical and irrational conclusion that a mythical 7 foot undocumented man-ape must have made the noises.

Neognosis obviously isn't familiar with the work of MK Davis, Owen Caddy or Bill Munns. If anyone is interested this is the most in-depth analysis of the PGF on the internet:

I am quite familiar with that work. It's rubbish. As a former professional photographer and videographer, I know more than enough about film and light to know that you can not enhance film. You can not fill in data that is not there and hope for anything accuate. What you are seeing in the photo you posted is most likely light and shadow. When faced with a grainy photo with no sense of scale or distance, one must make a choice: Is it a real photo of a man-ape that has somehow eluded science for more than a century and is an biological impossibility, or is it the play of light and shadow? The conclusion should be obvious.

redhawk
05-22-2008, 11:58 AM

But you DON'T have an open mind. If you did, you would have to consider all the biological arguments against a 7 foot ape not only surviving, but eluding science for centuries, in a developed nation. Bigfoot people LOVE to say that they are open minded, but it's quite the opposite. Ignoring scientific principle and keeping fantasy alive is NOT open minded. It is closed minded to reason and logic.

In the last 20 years, most of the sciences" have had to throw out long standing theories because of new discoveries which have either contradicted, reversed old "fact" or given alternative explanations.

So science is not exact. Any individual can find "scientific fact" to back their side of the argument on any given subject.

so have I. But as a logical and rational person, I do not jump to the illogical and irrational conclusion that a mythical 7 foot undocumented man-ape must have made the noises.

Perhaps you should read what is written and have that open mind you talk about. I didn't say it was Bigfoot, I said I didn't know what it was, and therefore could neither affirm or deny the presence of Bigfoot. Seems to me that if you are a logical and rational person jumping to "illogical and irrational conclusion" that you state above, then you cannot substantially claim there is no bigfoot because there is no SCIENTIFIC DATA that says it doesn't exist.

I am quite familiar with that work. It's rubbish. As a former professional photographer and videographer, I know more than enough about film and light to know that you can not enhance film. You can not fill in data that is not there and hope for anything accuate. What you are seeing in the photo you posted is most likely light and shadow. When faced with a grainy photo with no sense of scale or distance, one must make a choice: Is it a real photo of a man-ape that has somehow eluded science for more than a century and is an biological impossibility, or is it the play of light and shadow? The conclusion should be obvious.

Seems to me the conclusion is obvious to you based on what you choose to believe. Can you prove absolutely that the photo is doctored? How?

And how can you define that anything is a "biological impossibility"? 30 years ago cloning was science fiction, and look whats happening now.

Seems to me that for having an open and logical mind, you are making assumptions and assertions based on what you think based on the lack of evidence rather then any tangible proof.

Hawk

coolrobc
05-22-2008, 12:11 PM
I think "biologically improbable" would be a better description, but I'm skeptical too.

Lute Hawkins
05-22-2008, 12:18 PM
In the movie "Easyriders", Peter Fonda is inside a church and reads something off a wall which says "If God did not exist, man would have to invent him." I think this aptly describes the bigfoot craze.

It's been said that all cultures invariably see themselves as mundane and need to invent entities outside of their own existence, often to generate a little excitement or wonder. These entities are invariably all-powerful (Greek gods), terrifying to encounter (dragons, sea serpents), mysterious and magical (fairies), the supernatural work of humans (golems), or seen-all-over but never found (bigfoot, chupacabras, the "Jersey Devil").

Along come shysters who see an easy way to make a buck, so they seek donations to fund their personal expeditions looking for Loch Ness monsters and bigfeet. They have all the latest high-tech audio and visual tools, infra-red imaging devices, sonar/radar gadgets, tools to measure electromagnetic fields, and even bait-bags (when trying to attract bigfeet). Sometimes we see the results of their expedition summarized as an hour-long tv program advertised with alot of hype and excitement, the script of which invariably runs like this:

1. Show a grainy image of something that looks like what you want it to;
2. Introduce seemingly serious researchers;
3. Present a fictionally historic background as fact;
4. Reveal your funding sources but don't name names;
5. Show all the cool equipment you're using;
6. Show the seemingly serious research team standing in the woods recording strange noises and filming little more than a rat walking along the ground;
7. Mercifully end the production with a "well, we found nothing this time, but we just KNOW he's out there somewhere".

You the viewer, then sits there wondering why the Comedy Channel didn't gets dibs on this crap.

Does it ever occur to anyone that these bigfoot-purveyors have enough similiarly-interested followers who, if they really wanted to organize a definitive search for bigfoot, could sweep the woods around "known" bigfoot-frequented areas...and at least find SOMETHING more than an unexplained fiber (polyester?) sticking to a thorn bush?

But why won't you ever see such a widescale undertaking? Because after they've spent countless hours and wasted countless of dollars seraching and NOTHING TURNS UP...no den, no tools, no carcass...then they would HAVE TO ADMIT that there probably is no such creature, and that would shatter their world of wonder.

When it comes to mystical magical creatures, I understand that people will believe what they want to believe, irrespective of common sense or definitive proof to the contrary. That being the case, then put your money where your mouth is and buy my magnetic bigfoot decal for $12.95 plus shipping (see sample below) and I will donate seven cents ($0.07) to the BFRO website from each purchase.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c28/Redikulus_1980/bf_decal.gif

redhawk
05-22-2008, 12:34 PM
I think "biologically improbable" would be a better description, but I'm skeptical too.

It's fine to be skeptical.

My argument with Neognosis is that he/she seems to be quick to accuse others of having closed minds, yet reading his/her posts makes it apparent that their mind is made up although there is no hard evidence to support their argument either.

At one time I had an experience that defies all logic, is scientifically impossible (if we limit our thinking only to what we can prove) and yet it happened. I have absolutely no explanation I can give for what happened. Sheriff's deputies witnessed part of it and they can give no explanation either.

Nothing to do with bigfoot, but something that is "impossible" yet it happened. And it has happened in many other areas of the west as well.

Remember, 600 years ago if you sailed too far east, you fell off the edge of the earth. That was scientific fact.

Today they are finding bones of dinasaurs larger then T-Rex, which they never knew existed before, and those bones were around for thousands and thousands of years before anyone found them.

So how can anyone say with certainly what does not exist or what is biologically impossible? Aren't we cross breeding cattle with bison? Aren't apes related to humans? Is there any proof that a humanoid and an ape could not breed and reproduce? Is that biologically impossible. Does anyone know with certainty?

Don't misunderstand me, I don't believe in Bigfoot either, but I also don't disbelieve in it.

Hawk

WinterWarlock
05-22-2008, 12:43 PM
Is there any proof that a humanoid and an ape could not breed and reproduce? Is that biologically impossible. Does anyone know with certainty?

Hawk

I think they've been looking for volunteers for this kind of study...:clap:

Little Rickie
05-22-2008, 01:03 PM
I think they've been looking for volunteers for this kind of study...:clap:

Stalin tried this but the apes wouldn't do "it" on the first date.

redhawk
05-22-2008, 01:43 PM
Stalin tried this but the apes wouldn't do "it" on the first date.

Yeh But Stalin was UGLEEEEEEE!!

redhawk
05-22-2008, 01:57 PM
Here's a for instance.

None of us has ever seen Lute Haskins. To the best of my knowledge, no one here knows him personally. Same holds true for Growly Bear, no one has seen him, or met him.

The only "proof" we have of their existance is that they claim to be who they are.

So then In post cases, since there is no proof, do neither exist? Or does one exist because we assume that humans, even self claimed "Bunpkins" can post but bears can't?

What about the alleged "Marcy Bear" that reportedly can crack bear vaults. Is their proof that this is really a bear? Or could it be Bigfoot posing as a bear to avoid detection?

Why do we assume that a large humanoid could not hide all trace of itself. Is it because in our arrogance we asume that we are the smartest species, therefore a large humanoid could not deceive us?

What about Little Rickie? Does he really exist? Is he little?
Who is Peakbagger. Has anyone actually seen him put a peak in a bag? Paper or plastic?

What's a "MAVS00"? Is there a MAVS01? Or a MAVS0?

For that matter, how can a redhawk post? An uneducated one at that? Can any of these things be proved? Scientifically?

If Lute Haskins and Growly bear threw a party, who would show up? Or who would be the party they threw? Would it break Lute's stick furniture or mess up the ugly hat of his?

What's out there? Is it the truth? Or some great deception?

If you spell GOD backwards, you get "Dog"
Dog is mans best friend. Is that a sublimal message? Or just coincidence?

Is this really Redhawk, or is it Neil using Hawk's logon. Can you prove it? Or not?

Hawk (or not!)

Jason
05-22-2008, 02:03 PM
Aw, a fun discussion cryptozoology always spawns!

As for Bigfoot, I am skeptical but I understand that you cannot prove that it does not exist any more easily that you can prove that it does. Most reasonable people have to acknowledge the trickle of sane reports that make one wonder what the heck is going on out there. 90% of reports are probably crap, but once-in-a-while, a report seems to carry the weight of the fictional encounter I described.

For anyone who's bushwhacked in true wilderness, the geographical truth becomes clear: an intelligent large creature could, in theory, choose to evade human detection most of the time. I agree, however, that the evolutionary evidence and the improbability of staying hidden over a long period of time seem to make such a scenario improbable. If Bigfoot does exist, the species must have a native intelligence nearing that of a human to remain so elusive. This possibility seems unlikely, since intelligence would probably require the creature to also exhibit more of a prediliction toward shelter, animal traps, simple agriculture, etc. Valid reports of such evidence are very rare to non-existant.

Some of my thoughts.

coolrobc
05-22-2008, 02:04 PM
I don't believe in Bigfoot either, but I also don't disbelieve in it.

I think that best describes my stance on it as well. There's just seems to be too much anecdotal evidence (contemporary and historical) to completely rule it out in my opinion. However considering the anecdotal nature of most of that evidence, it makes it more difficult to believe.

05-22-2008, 02:21 PM
You guys are really taking this all way to seroiusly :D
When I'm out in the Adirondacks however , I do keep my eyes peeled for the elusive bigfoot . If I do run across one , I'll make sure that conclusive proof exists , it will be stuffed and placed in a hermeticaly sealed room that everyone can come by and pay some cash money to view the creature. :thumbs:

WinterWarlock
05-22-2008, 02:32 PM
As a former professional photographer and videographer, I know more than enough about film and light to know that you can not enhance film.

I'm not sure what you meant here, but I think it's pretty easy to 'enhance' or edit film these days. Don't tell Adobe this...

wiiawiwb
05-22-2008, 02:33 PM
. I am quite familiar with that work. It's rubbish. As a former professional photographer and videographer, I know more than enough about film and light to know that you can not enhance film. You can not fill in data that is not there and hope for anything accuate. What you are seeing in the photo you posted is most likely light and shadow. When faced with a grainy photo with no sense of scale or distance, one must make a choice: Is it a real photo of a man-ape that has somehow eluded science for more than a century and is an biological impossibility, or is it the play of light and shadow? The conclusion should be obvious.

With all due respect Neo...I suspect you don't know who Bill Munns is nor have you read any of his writings and analysis of the PGF. He is neither a photogragher nor a videographer.

In order for Sasquatch to not exist the filmed creature in the PGF must be a man in a suit. You would be well served to read the work done by Bill Munns which is posted on the link on a previous post I made. Even for a died-in-the-wool skeptic it would be difficult to review his analysis and not come away with at least a belief that maybe, just maybe what was filmed was a once in a lifetime.

I suspect that most people who carry no opinion about the existence of BF would become believers after reading his analysis.

Wiia

Little Rickie
05-22-2008, 03:02 PM
None of us has ever seen Lute Haskins

Do we want to? see party quote

What about Little Rickie? Does he really exist? Is he little?
Only in my mind and then as a misnomer.

If Lute Haskins and Growly bear threw a party, who would show up?

It depends on what they serve.

Is this really Redhawk, or is it Neil using Hawk's logon

I'd love to see those posts! Neal your up? :evil:

Can any of these things be proved? Scientifically?

Ask someone who cares. :p :D

Little Rickie
05-22-2008, 03:31 PM
In order for Sasquatch to not exist the filmed creature in the PGF must be a man in a suit.

It was recently in the paper, the man in the suit confessed to the hoax.

coolrobc
05-22-2008, 03:45 PM

That was like 4 or 5 years ago, unless someone else has recently claimed to be the man in the suit again.

From what I remember, the guy from a few years ago had some holes in his story, but I really don't remember the details.

DRIFTER
05-22-2008, 03:49 PM
So how can anyone say with certainly what does not exist or what is biologically impossible? Aren't we cross breeding cattle with bison? Aren't apes related to humans? Is there any proof that a humanoid and an ape could not breed and reproduce? Is that biologically impossible. Does anyone know with certainty?

Hawk

...........Are they just friends or is he trying to perpetuate the species?

http://www.cryptomundo.com/wp-content/slush8.jpg
You be the judge! I'm starting to change my opinion...

Jason
05-22-2008, 03:56 PM
From what I recall, the man who claimed to be in the suit was very unreliable and had only a passing association with the team that filmed the "creature" that day. He had a lot to gain by suddenly coming forth with this revelation and little to back up a plausible scenario as to why he was in such a position some 40 years prior. He claimed that there was nothing special about the suit, which doesn't hold water in that Hollywood-caliber pieces from the era that have been tested on similar filmstock hardly look as convincing.

So, what I took from that story was that the "man in the suit" was an opportunist with a less than truthful account. This does not mean, of course, that the Patterson film is real or is likely to be real when all the variables are considered. When all is said and done, it's still very likely that it was a man in a suit that happened to capture some biological notions of what a real large primate would be like, but then again we may never know for sure!

wiiawiwb
05-22-2008, 06:39 PM

The person's name is Bob Heironimus and his story IS full of holes.

Roger Pattison and Bob Gimlin were camping for several days before they shot the footage we have all seen. Bob Heironimus claimed that at the campsite he covered his car with branches to hide it. When asked to describe the location of the campsite and site of the filming BH got both wrong. Oops.

I can go on and on about his ridiculous story (the suit was supposedly made of horsehair) but I won't bore everyone with the details. No one but BH takes BH seriously.

Lute Hawkins
05-22-2008, 06:40 PM
Here's a for instance.

None of us has ever seen Lute Haskins. To the best of my knowledge, no one here knows him personally. Same holds true for Growly Bear, no one has seen him, or met him.

The only "proof" we have of their existance is that they claim to be who they are.

So then In post cases, since there is no proof, do neither exist? Or does one exist because we assume that humans, even self claimed "Bunpkins" can post but bears can't?

If Lute Haskins and Growly bear threw a party, who would show up? Or who would be the party they threw? Would it break Lute's stick furniture or mess up the ugly hat of his?

Why do I feel like I'm being picked on?

I used to think I existed until my ex-girlfriend said I don't. Now I know why nobody's been buying my custom-designed Hawkins magnetic decals. So much for "feeling the love"...no more product discounts for anybody here.

And it's HAWKINS not HASKINS. And by the way, "Lute" is not really my first name. It's a conjunction of my first and middle names. And now I'm not telling ya what they are.

Neognosis
05-22-2008, 08:56 PM
In the last 20 years, most of the sciences" have had to throw out long standing theories because of new discoveries which have either contradicted, reversed old "fact" or given alternative explanations.

So science is not exact. Any individual can find "scientific fact" to back their side of the argument on any given subject.

None of that is really true. "most" sciences have not thrown out any of the basic theories which make bigfoot a virtual impossibility. And your point, even if correct, which it is not, is a logical fallacy. Simply because one theory has been revised does not indicate that there is any greater likelyhood that a completely unrelated theory might not be correct.

Also, scientific fact is scientific fact. You can not change fact to support a false argument. Large mammals need to eat, breed, and die. There is ZERO evidence that bigfoot has done any of these ever. None.

Seems to me that if you are a logical and rational person jumping to "illogical and irrational conclusion" that you state above, then you cannot substantially claim there is no bigfoot because there is no SCIENTIFIC DATA that says it doesn't exist.

You can never prove bigfoot does not exist. Not because he exists (he most certainly does NOT) but because you can not prove a negative. Ever. You can not prove that I am not a magical elf. You can not prove that you are not a robot. You can not prove that there are not an active volcano in your living room. You can not, ever, prove a negative. It is logically impossible. The best you can do is give supporting reasons why something is unlikely.

Seems to me the conclusion is obvious to you based on what you choose to believe. Can you prove absolutely that the photo is doctored? How?

I cannot prove the photo was doctored. However, you can not enhance film. You can not make something appear on analog tape or film that is not there. When detail is not there on the original, you CAN NOT make detail appear. This is something that I think CSI television programs have made people believe. On film, when something is blurry, THAT IS WHAT IS ON THE FILM. You can't tease the detail out. It simply is not there. You can put in detail that you create, that is all. The image is the image on an analog medium.

And how can you define that anything is a "biological impossibility"? 30 years ago cloning was science fiction, and look whats happening now.

Bigfoot is a biological impossibility because there are certain biological imperatives that all living things must follow. Among the ones that bigfoot is allowed to break include, among others:

Food. Bigfoot is large. He must eat. No other mammal survives without leaving a measurable mark on the ecosystem. Nevermind a large mammal. Except bigfoot. What does he eat?

Species need a minimum number to keep the species alive. This number, though not precisely known in a mythological creature that is imaginary, HAS to be too high to allow him to remain undocumented by science for very long.

An animal, if they were somehow able to flout the laws of nature and break the above two rules, would have to be extremely smart to avoid human detection. Yet every intelligent species, even chimpanzees, apes, and dolphins, to say nothing of humans, form some type of society. Except bigfoot. He is magically intelligent enough to elude documentation, yet he still has not formed any type of society. (we know this because, in additon to being make believe, societies make concealment astronomically unlikely).

And there are several more. What's great is that people tend to talk about the "sightings" as having commonalities, as if this is significant. But first off, there are not many commonalities. Why would a species bent on remaing hidden make noised or bang sticks together, or throw rocks, clearly announcing its presence? The commonalities most often involve the physical aspet of the creature. But who doesn't know what bigfoot is supposed to look like? It's a preconceived notion and suggestion that the mind dredges up when in a certain state and confronted by sensory data that it can not interpret.

Remember, 600 years ago if you sailed too far east, you fell off the edge of the earth. That was scientific fact.

I think that perhaps you don't understand what fact is. Nobody had been to the "edge of the earth." Nobody had even mapped to the "edge." It was a complete guess based on ignorance and fear and excitement. Sounds more like bigfoot to me than "science, " which is based on repeatable and quantifiable observation and experimentation. What we had before the scientific method is NOT "science," though people who don't understand what science is often think it was.

Today they are finding bones of dinasaurs larger then T-Rex, which they never knew existed before, and those bones were around for thousands and thousands of years before anyone found them.

Hm, bones of animals that ceased to exist millions of years ago, but not a single scrap of fossil or physical evidence from something that lives close to us and is still supposedly producing bodies and remains. Astronomically unlikely. Unless you refuse to consider science and choose to keep bigfoot alive in fantasy.

So how can anyone say with certainly what does not exist or what is biologically impossible?

Because there are certain biological principles that cloning does NOT break, but bigfoot does. We are not guessing that animals have to eat, live, die, and breed.

Now you're getting ridiculous. We can produce these people if they do exist. They are tangible people who leave evidence of their existance, because they do exist. We can go to their houses or offices and observe them repeatedly. But not bigfoot. Because he is not real.

redhawk
05-22-2008, 09:24 PM
None of that is really true. "most" sciences have not thrown out any of the basic theories which make bigfoot a virtual impossibility. And your point, even if correct, which it is not, is a logical fallacy. Simply because one theory has been revised does not indicate that there is any greater likelyhood that a completely unrelated theory might not be correct.

Also, scientific fact is scientific fact. You can not change fact to support a false argument. Large mammals need to eat, breed, and die. There is ZERO evidence that bigfoot has done any of these ever. None.

You can never prove bigfoot does not exist. Not because he exists (he most certainly does NOT) but because you can not prove a negative. Ever. You can not prove that I am not a magical elf. You can not prove that you are not a robot. You can not prove that there are not an active volcano in your living room. You can not, ever, prove a negative. It is logically impossible. The best you can do is give supporting reasons why something is unlikely.

I cannot prove the photo was doctored. However, you can not enhance film. You can not make something appear on analog tape or film that is not there. When detail is not there on the original, you CAN NOT make detail appear. This is something that I think CSI television programs have made people believe. On film, when something is blurry, THAT IS WHAT IS ON THE FILM. You can't tease the detail out. It simply is not there. You can put in detail that you create, that is all. The image is the image on an analog medium.

Bigfoot is a biological impossibility because there are certain biological imperatives that all living things must follow. Among the ones that bigfoot is allowed to break include, among others:

Food. Bigfoot is large. He must eat. No other mammal survives without leaving a measurable mark on the ecosystem. Nevermind a large mammal. Except bigfoot. What does he eat?

Species need a minimum number to keep the species alive. This number, though not precisely known in a mythological creature that is imaginary, HAS to be too high to allow him to remain undocumented by science for very long.

An animal, if they were somehow able to flout the laws of nature and break the above two rules, would have to be extremely smart to avoid human detection. Yet every intelligent species, even chimpanzees, apes, and dolphins, to say nothing of humans, form some type of society. Except bigfoot. He is magically intelligent enough to elude documentation, yet he still has not formed any type of society. (we know this because, in additon to being make believe, societies make concealment astronomically unlikely).

And there are several more. What's great is that people tend to talk about the "sightings" as having commonalities, as if this is significant. But first off, there are not many commonalities. Why would a species bent on remaing hidden make noised or bang sticks together, or throw rocks, clearly announcing its presence? The commonalities most often involve the physical aspet of the creature. But who doesn't know what bigfoot is supposed to look like? It's a preconceived notion and suggestion that the mind dredges up when in a certain state and confronted by sensory data that it can not interpret.

I think that perhaps you don't understand what fact is. Nobody had been to the "edge of the earth." Nobody had even mapped to the "edge." It was a complete guess based on ignorance and fear and excitement. Sounds more like bigfoot to me than "science, " which is based on repeatable and quantifiable observation and experimentation. What we had before the scientific method is NOT "science," though people who don't understand what science is often think it was.

Hm, bones of animals that ceased to exist millions of years ago, but not a single scrap of fossil or physical evidence from something that lives close to us and is still supposedly producing bodies and remains. Astronomically unlikely. Unless you refuse to consider science and choose to keep bigfoot alive in fantasy.

Because there are certain biological principles that cloning does NOT break, but bigfoot does. We are not guessing that animals have to eat, live, die, and breed.

Now you're getting ridiculous. We can produce these people if they do exist. They are tangible people who leave evidence of their existance, because they do exist. We can go to their houses or offices and observe them repeatedly. But not bigfoot. Because he is not real.

You've been to Lute's house?? :eek:

What evidence is there that Lute Haskins exists? Do you have some of his twig furniture, is it signed? Did you buy it? was it a gift?

And come to think of it. How do we know that you exist? Or that you're not Bigfoot trying to throw us off the scent. I don't think you've ever posted before, and the only posts you have are these pooh poohing bigfoot.

Somethings afoot here (pun intended), something sinister. There's TROUBLE right here in Capital City, and it starts with a T and that rhymes with a B and that stands for Bigfoot.

Hawk

redhawk
05-22-2008, 09:32 PM
Why do I feel like I'm being picked on?

I used to think I existed until my ex-girlfriend said I don't. Now I know why nobody's been buying my custom-designed Hawkins magnetic decals. So much for "feeling the love"...no more product discounts for anybody here.

And it's HAWKINS not HASKINS. And by the way, "Lute" is not really my first name. It's a conjunction of my first and middle names. And now I'm not telling ya what they are.

Can't pick on you Lute. You don't exist, no ones ever seen you.

HAwkins, as in "SADIE HAWKINS" whom the day is named for, when woman chase the men? That's a stretch..

A Conjunction eh? Isn't that something for safe group sex or something similar? Like a condominium? is there a condomaximum?

Hawk

LifeOutside
05-22-2008, 10:58 PM
I still firmly believe that the earth is flat, just like bigfoots feet and that Lute has to be a close relative.

Lute Hawkins
05-23-2008, 09:33 PM
I still firmly believe that the earth is flat, just like bigfoots feet and that Lute has to be a close relative.

Would it help if I send you a hair (from a location of my choosing :eek: ) to help you analyze whether I am related or not?

sheri
05-23-2008, 09:51 PM
...and besides, Jane Goodall lived with chimps not gorillas...

redhawk
05-23-2008, 10:46 PM
...and besides, Jane Goodall lived with chimps not gorillas...

Right.
It was Dian Fossey who lived with the gorillas, and died protecting them.

Hawk

sheri
05-24-2008, 11:15 AM
And Birute Galdikas studied the Orangutans (not related to me or my brother – despite the red hair). I can't remember right off who studied the gibbons.

When Louis Leakey started these women studying the 4 main great apes (gorillas, chimps, orangutans and gibbons) it was really to further his academic work centered on human origins. I don't think he realized then how significant it would be in the conservation of both apes and their habitat.

If you do find a population of bigfoots (bigfeet?) I would volunteer to study them.

:)

Lute Hawkins
05-24-2008, 06:20 PM
OK, I guess you guys are all too smart for me. From now on, I'll use a real picture of myself instead of that country bumpkin one I found while digging through my neighbor's garbage can. This should answer all questions!

DRIFTER
05-24-2008, 06:34 PM
I'll give you the 14 leftover Ginsu hatbadges I still have if you go back to your old Avatar, please!

Lute Hawkins
05-24-2008, 07:38 PM
No turning back now. I gotta keep it real so folks don't get all wierded out, wondering if there's a human or a bigfoot behind this poster.

However, you will be excited to learn that I'm raffling off my genuine "Hawkins "Hat", as previosuly seen on this forum! YES, the same one used in my old picture. For only $5.00, you can enter and get a shot at winning this authentic piece of Adirondakiana! This hat has been all over the 'Daks...fanning campfires, fending off foul weather and deerflies, and once it almost sunk to the bottom of Lake Durant! It's been up on Chimeny Mountain THREE (3) times! A practical item, it can be used as a fruit bowl during picnics, and is very effective at keeping balding people from getting sunburned up on top. Let know know how many tickets you want! (Minimum order 10 tickets.)

Growly Bear
05-24-2008, 09:49 PM
Mr. Hawkins has been friendly to me in the past, so I will say nothing unkind. However, he does resemble the typical DEC ranger. SNORT!

DRIFTER
05-25-2008, 12:03 AM
From now on, I'll use a real picture of myself !

...........OK, I'm right there with ya buddy! Here's the real DRIFTER, all cleaned up at a friends wedding in my best shirt!

KEEPING IT REAL II
http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/8738/greenpointlv9.jpg
:dance: :dance: :dance::dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
Wanna dance young lady?

sheri
05-25-2008, 09:17 AM
Nothing makes me want to run away screaming more than a clown. Who ever thought they were cute and funny?

Lute Hawkins
05-25-2008, 10:24 AM
Geez Lute,you're such a serious lookin clown,come on,give us a big ol smile:clap:
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c28/Redikulus_1980/thumb_Pennywise20the20clown.jpg

Nothing makes me want to run away screaming more than a clown. Who ever thought they were cute and funny?
Some women find us irresistably sexy. They scream about it, too. :cool:

sheri
05-25-2008, 10:38 AM
Only clown women and they don't count...

Buster Bear
05-25-2008, 10:52 AM
Send the kids to Gandma

DRIFTER
05-25-2008, 11:04 AM
Just an observation.......Bigfoot is so reclusive and evasive, that he even manages to have very few sightings in his own thread! He's good!!!!!

Old joke; Two armless cannibals are eating a clown and one turns to the other and says......I can't put my finger on it, but something tastes funny!

LifeOutside
05-26-2008, 06:37 PM
Would it help if I send you a hair (from a location of my choosing :eek: ) to help you analyze whether I am related or not?

Yes it would. I dare you to produce...

redhawk
05-26-2008, 08:11 PM
OK, I guess you guys are all too smart for me. From now on, I'll use a real picture of myself instead of that country bumpkin one I found while digging through my neighbor's garbage can. This should answer all questions!

Just bears out what I've always suspected.

Lute's a bozo.!!

DRIFTER
05-27-2008, 10:52 AM
A practical item, it can be used as a fruit bowl during picnics, and is very effective at keeping balding people from getting sunburned up on top. Let know know how many tickets you want! (Minimum order 10 tickets.)

I'll take 10, just for the fruit bowl option of course!
http://www.weirdthings.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/two-faced-man.jpg
Be back for them later!

DRIFTER
05-27-2008, 12:56 PM
........Sightings in NEW YORK!

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/state_listing.asp?state=ny

YOU BE THE JUDGE![/CENTER]

redhawk
05-27-2008, 03:23 PM
If this was a music forum, Lute Hawkins would be Boxcar Willie!!

wiiawiwb
05-27-2008, 04:45 PM
........Sightings in NEW YORK!

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/state_listing.asp?state=ny

YOU BE THE JUDGE![/CENTER]

It's always preferable to be able to question the person reporting the sighting. In my opinion, some of the BFRO reports posted don't go into as much detail from the examiner's perspective as I'd like.

There have a been a number of sightings, encounters and vocalizations in the Whitehall area in particular (east of Buck Mtn) and Sabbath Day Point. Here's an amazing sighting/report from 1999 in the Whitehall area by a very credible guy. If you read the entire thread you'll see he is grilled by both believers abd skeptics alike and he responds to their questions. I believe his story is true and it happened:

http://www.bigfootforums.com/index.php?showtopic=12069&st=0

Lute Hawkins
05-27-2008, 10:40 PM
Poor Lute,its getting so a clown with 8 inch green fingers and pointed teeth can't even call himself bigfoot without getting picked on.

So how many "Hawkins "Hat" raffle tickets can I put you down for? Drifter already comitted for 10. You gonna pass up on a genuine piece of Adirondakiana?

Lute Hawkins
05-27-2008, 10:47 PM
Yes it would. I dare you to produce...

Ok, the hair has been plucked from a bodily location of my choosing (probably better that you don't know from where). All I need you to do is buy a minimum of 50 of my "Hawkins Hat" raffle tickets, and then I'll send it to you. Let me know if you want it insured.

DRIFTER
05-27-2008, 11:05 PM
.........Lute, Don't go schiz-O,

http://www.viewsofthepast.com/photos/occupa/occu-misc/o-art-027.jpg

..........Bring the old Avatar back....Use the force Lute, use the force! Less the hat of course of course, I'll take 10 more chances by the way! I'll want a certificate of authenticity should I win! ;)

........ If you do break in two, maybe there's a way to turn a profit out of it....Keep in touch! :thumbs:

Seeker
05-28-2008, 07:50 AM
Lute,

just noticed the new 'location'... pretty funny... now i'll have to keep an eye on my tank AND my shed!

do they still sell those locking gas caps?

(good thing i live so far from you. it's hardly worth the trip.)

Lute Hawkins
05-28-2008, 08:16 PM
I found this ad in my wanderings. Apparently at least one serious bigfoot researcher is out there. Supposedly it appeared on Craig's List. I leave this up to you, the reader, to ponder it's, uh, well let's just say I hope it's not too suggestive for this forum.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/bloghoax/bigfootbait.jpg

http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/hoax/weblog/comments/4995/

wiiawiwb
05-29-2008, 12:04 AM
Aw, a fun discussion cryptozoology always spawns!

As for Bigfoot, I am skeptical but I understand that you cannot prove that it does not exist any more easily that you can prove that it does. Most reasonable people have to acknowledge the trickle of sane reports that make one wonder what the heck is going on out there. 90% of reports are probably crap, but once-in-a-while, a report seems to carry the weight of the fictional encounter I described.

For anyone who's bushwhacked in true wilderness, the geographical truth becomes clear: an intelligent large creature could, in theory, choose to evade human detection most of the time. I agree, however, that the evolutionary evidence and the improbability of staying hidden over a long period of time seem to make such a scenario improbable. If Bigfoot does exist, the species must have a native intelligence nearing that of a human to remain so elusive. This possibility seems unlikely, since intelligence would probably require the creature to also exhibit more of a prediliction toward shelter, animal traps, simple agriculture, etc. Valid reports of such evidence are very rare to non-existant.

Some of my thoughts.

FOOD FOR THOUGHT:

In 1928, it is estimated that as many as 50,000 of man's closest relative (Bonobo) were living in the wild yet science did not know they even existed. Not until the first one was discovered in 1929. How could such a vast number of primates, so closely paired to humans, escape detection?

Answer, the same way that Sasquatch could escape detection. Science is not omniscient.

redhawk
05-29-2008, 07:59 AM
FOOD FOR THOUGHT:

In 1928, it is estimated that as many as 50,000 of man's closest relative (Bonobo) were living in the wild yet science did not know they even existed. Not until the first one was discovered in 1929. How could such a vast number of primates, so closely paired to humans, escape detection?

Answer, the same way that Sasquatch could escape detection. Science is not omniscient.

True, but many scientists and academics think they are omnipotent.

Professor Hobbit
05-29-2008, 08:23 AM
Actually, they knew about the bonobos, even had some in zoos, and stuffed specimens and skeletons in museums. They just didnt know that they were a separate species from chimpanzees. the discovery didnt happen in the wild, it happened in a museum when a guy looked at a skull and noticed that it was the size of a juvenile chimp, but had fused skull sutures like an adult.

nobody is arguing that undiscovered species aren't out there, but scientists require proof. We cant just take someones word for it, even another scientists word, without some kind of actual evidence. just saying "you cant prove it doesnt exist" isnt proof.

And when a thorough search has been performed, or many thorough searches, over a long period of time, and nothing is found, then that theory must be rejected.

absence of proof is not proof of absence, but it sure as hell aint proof of existence.

just for fun, take all the arguments for sasquatch, and replace the word sasquatch with the word "leprechauns" or "unicorns". do you still buy the argument?

oh, and we call omnipotence "tenure"

AdRegion
05-29-2008, 09:37 AM
This video might settle the question - Adirondack Sasquatch (http://www.adirondackbasecamp.com/2008/05/adirondack-sasquatch/).

Jason
05-29-2008, 09:47 AM
I think my quote says it all, no matter what examples one wants to bring up of science being ignorant of this, that, or the other thing at some point in the past. There are many stories like the one you mentioned, but the difference between those stories and the Bigfoot epic is that evernutally these creatures were discovered and cataloged by science. As time passes, human error and even human hubris are subject to fail in light of reality. Thus far, if science is wrong about Bigfoot then Bigfoot is either very elusive for reasons yet unknown or simply doesn't exist.

I am intrigued by well-documented encounters and I retain an open mind. Frankly, I think Bigfoot is fun and I hope the species exists. Right now, however, I think the proof is lacking. The Patterson video is still intriguing and has never been fully disproven, and there are samples of hair that continue to elude identification, but beyond that I am still waiting for something slightly more compelling.

bdoon51
06-09-2009, 01:29 PM
Didn't Police Officers in NY State see something...relatively recently?

bdoon51
06-09-2009, 01:30 PM
I am going to Saranac Lake in August,,,is this near that? I live in hell...I mean suburban DC

bdoon51
06-09-2009, 01:32 PM
Is Sasquatch going to be doing any personal appearences near Saranac in early August? I will be there then and I want to know whether to bring my Nikon (anything but Canon)

Suburban DC Inmate

Jason
06-09-2009, 03:03 PM
Bigfoot's new publicist is an SOB, but I think he's planning on coming to Saranac Lake at some point although no one in his inner circle will say when.

Good luck escaping from DC hell. I have a degree that would be great for there but I chose to stay far, far away.

wiiawiwb
12-08-2011, 09:29 PM
This Fall, I had two footprints in the Adirondacks I could not explain, try as I might. One large and one very large. Both were within 500 meters of each other found on successive weekends. They were in the mud with very unique characteristics about them. I examined each very closely and there were no shoe prints in the mud whatsoever.

Was it a sasquatch? Obviously, I can't say for sure. Not sure what is was. I know what it wasn't based upon the residual tracks.

Rusty and the Maniac
12-09-2011, 12:42 AM
I don't wanna label myself a nut job, but I've seen a chupacabra lookin thing twice up here... not quite bigfoot, but no real other explanation I can give. Once I was by myself and once was with friends. Both times were in the same general area. I don't go there anymore.

Gman
12-09-2011, 10:50 AM
The only way Bigfoot exists is if its an alien.

chairrock
12-13-2011, 09:34 AM

That must be why they set up the "Border Patrol" traffic stop between Long Lake and Tupper Lake...Illegal Aliens with BIG FEET!

cityboy
12-19-2011, 04:51 PM
Just saw "Bigfoot a Definitive Guide". Best documentary that I have seen and it was not
just about Bigfoot. Whether you believe or not it makes a thoughtful case for further scientific analysis.
With modern technology I give it another 15 years for evidence to show up. If nothing turns up I'll admit I'm wrong. Of all the Crypto creatures I think this one has a good chance of really existing. I only hope it does not take a body to prove it although technology also increases the chances of faking something so a body may be the only way.

Although a believer I still have a hard time thinking that the Adirondacks have one. Even though I admit that the Abair road incident in Whitehall is one of the more believable cases I'm still a skeptic.

jman22
12-23-2011, 02:44 PM
The most recent sighting...... http://bigfootevidence.blogspot.com/2011/09/new-footage-bigfoot-sighting-in.html

12-23-2011, 09:37 PM
The most recent sighting...... http://bigfootevidence.blogspot.com/2011/09/new-footage-bigfoot-sighting-in.html

Well there we go !!! Bigfoot has been found to have the abillity to camoflage itself to look like other animals !!!! That must be why there are so few sightings of them :thumbs:

cityboy
12-24-2011, 09:02 AM
It's sites like the above that get me to question my belief in bigfoot. Either its a hoak or a black bear walking with a broken neck. Obvious goof.

bobadkhunter
12-24-2011, 01:39 PM
There are NO BIGFOOTs period...

cityboy
12-24-2011, 05:44 PM
Never say never.

redhawk
12-25-2011, 08:32 AM
I've seen some mouths that a foot of gigantic proportions would not fill.

Creekwader
12-25-2011, 09:46 AM

Hey, that's the old Maple Ridge ski slope behind the school! I guess next time I'm mt. biking down the back trails I'll be sure not to run that guy over! :rolling:

WinterWarlock
12-25-2011, 10:16 AM
This Fall, I had two footprints in the Adirondacks I could not explain, try as I might. One large and one very large. Both were within 500 meters of each other found on successive weekends. They were in the mud with very unique characteristics about them. I examined each very closely and there were no shoe prints in the mud whatsoever.

I've seen similar prints, and after continuing up the trail realized they were folks hiking in the Vibram Five Fingers shows...if it's muddy, their feet slide a bit, making them look about 18" long...with the toes, it definitely looks like "Bigfoot"

wiiawiwb
12-26-2011, 01:06 PM
That's a good thought and one I had. It could be very easy to confuse the two. Having said that, I closely inspected the two prints. Both were in mud and neither had the markings inherent on the bottom of Vibram footwear.

What produced the footprints I saw? I honestly can't say.

Justin
01-16-2012, 06:40 PM
Anyone been watching that show on Animal Planet, "Finding Bigfoot" (http://animal.discovery.com/tv/finding-bigfoot/)?

Thoughts?

I've been trying, but I'm just not buying it.
Some cool scenery at least.

poconoron
01-16-2012, 06:50 PM
Anyone been watching that show on Animal Planet, "Finding Bigfoot" (http://animal.discovery.com/tv/finding-bigfoot/)?

Thoughts?

Agreed............ I'm not buying it, but I am enjoying the outdoor scenes.

riverstrider
01-18-2012, 01:20 PM

Thoughts?

After watching the episode filmed in Rhode Island, my first thought was "there stands a biologist that stands no chance in getting hired in my Program, lol". I'm definitely not buying it. Those poor researchers are salivating at what are normal noises in the woods. "Did you hear that rock bounce off the tree and into the water?" Huh? It was dark! How did he know it was a (presumably sasquatch thrown) rock? It sounded like a falling branch to me.

But I have to give the show this...it has given rise to my new favorite catch-all phrase to describe just about any condition, be it weather, traffic, the economy, my neighbors, etc: "Seems pretty squatchy to me".

-rs

JW
01-18-2012, 08:15 PM
Ragrding the bonobo comments - The game cam is quite the handy tool these days!
I will never say never regarding vast wilderness areas, but in the adk is a stretch....

ADKeagle
01-18-2012, 11:50 PM

Thoughts?

My first impression of the one episode I watched was how little time they must actually spend in the outdoors. As somebody else stated, they seem to fit normal noises into their theories. The episode I saw they had some kind of baboon calling, and eventually off in the distance they heard what sounded to me like a coyote. Of course that was pretty squatchy... they concluded it must have been a vocalization. Idiots!

ADKeagle
01-19-2012, 08:11 AM
Oh it's not a comedy... the guys on the show have their own website & organization that conducts "research" and reports on encounters. Check this out: www.bfro.net

Justin
01-20-2012, 11:39 AM
Those poor researchers are salivating at what are normal noises in the woods. "Did you hear that rock bounce off the tree and into the water?" It sounded like a falling branch to me.
-rs

, they seem to fit normal noises into their theories. sounded to me like a coyote.... they concluded it must have been a vocalization. Idiots!

I couldn't agree more.
That one episode in the Catskills where a home video camera filmed a baby 'Squatch" jump off of the shoulders of a larger creature and started swinging from a tree branch in the background was pretty interesting....
Surely it was most likely someone's pet monkey and a hoax, but of course they say it wasn't. :rolleyes:

Gman
01-20-2012, 02:32 PM
Bigfoot is an alien. Why do aliens have to be little green men? Why can't they be big hairy men too?

wiiawiwb
01-20-2012, 10:58 PM
These shows raise awareness in the community at large so that's a good thing. They entertain, more than educate, those who are already active in the bigfoot community.

I'm convinced, based upon my own experience and those of others, but people are free to draw their own conclusions. If someone is a skeptic, that's ok too. I just prefer the conversation is conducted based upon the merits of the argument on both sides.

Pegatha9
03-02-2013, 12:48 PM
It was a long time ago, 1978, but I'll never forget it as long as I live.
My father was driving, I was sitting beside him, then my little brother and my mom.

We were headed back to the cabin, it was dusk, a light rain, pine trees to my right and a grassy slope to my left.

Out of nowhere, this large creature walked out of the pine trees, crossed the road in front of us and up over to the grassy slope..

We were like, what in the heck did we just see? It certainly wasn't a bear because it was walking on two legs.

Interesting.
I wish could go back.

vtflyfish
03-03-2013, 12:45 PM
Bigfoot IS in the Adirondacks! It's Glen.:rolling:

Reno223556
08-31-2013, 12:22 PM
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&ved=0CC8QtwIwAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DdQM gXWh3tSs&ei=bhoiUpClGrW_sASd84CgCw&usg=AFQjCNFmYsTuyiVMfdHDWwfq8XPK6znciw&sig2=rHcYjZy61ANrE0pDqTBdiA&bvm=bv.51495398,d.dmg

wiiawiwb
08-31-2013, 07:20 PM
Survivorman has greenlighted Les Stroud to do a two-part Survivorman:Bigfoot.

Gman
09-01-2013, 12:05 AM
Could Bigfoot be an alien from another planet? It could explain a lot of things.:)

randomscooter
09-01-2013, 07:06 AM

Could Bigfoot be an alien from another planet? It could explain a lot of things.:)
Perhaps they are "aliens" from a parallel universe, another version of Earth on which humans never took hold, leaving opportunity for other apes to dominate. Unlike humans, who have an adversarial relationship with nature, bigfoot lives in harmony with nature. This has allowed them to tap into the powers of the brain, one outcome of which is that they have developed the ability to fade in and out of parallel universes, including our own. This theory pretty much explains all the inconsistencies in our sightings of bigfoot here on "our" Earth.

Just sayin'.

Hear the Footsteps
09-01-2013, 09:59 PM
Survivorman has greenlighted Les Stroud to do a two-part Survivorman:Bigfoot.

Maybe Les can talk Bigfoot into carrying the camera.
Don

Peteubb
09-04-2013, 01:38 PM
bigfoot = wookie.

mike
09-18-2013, 03:31 PM
At the Stone Dam Trail register in the Black River Wild Forest:

http://i.imgur.com/zvrL4g9.jpg

I did not see any Bigfoot at Chub Pond Leanto #1...which of course was highly disapointing...

edit: woops that image sure is big...