PDA

View Full Version : Indian lake project

sd11856g
02-01-2016, 12:34 PM
Hello all,
Recently built a camp near old forge and was researching mysteries, and strange things that have happened in the adk's. I came across all the info on the indian lake project. I am sure it must have been brought up on this forum. Very interesting reading hard to say if it was a hoax....curious if anyone has opinions. Also would love to hear about any local mysterious, unsolved crimes, strange happenings in the Adk's especially near old forge area. Thanks all!

matt
06-26-2016, 07:22 PM
not familiar with the indian lake project but ive camped at squaw lake every year since i was a boy and am curious to what its all about. i can remember a quite a few years back seeing missing person signs on every trail head in the moose river plains. 3 disappearences all within a few years of eachother in relatively the same area. Been reading a lot of david paulides stories so im extra curious as to how this years squaw trip will turn out.

Schultzz
06-26-2016, 11:01 PM
Aliens love to camp in the MRP. Like Glen they love to tell tales of monster trout and then they offer to show you the pond. If they offer don't go. Mention Glen's name and you will stay safe. They are afraid of Glen. :)

DSettahr
06-27-2016, 12:59 PM
not familiar with the indian lake project but ive camped at squaw lake every year since i was a boy and am curious to what its all about. i can remember a quite a few years back seeing missing person signs on every trail head in the moose river plains. 3 disappearences all within a few years of eachother in relatively the same area. Been reading a lot of david paulides stories so im extra curious as to how this years squaw trip will turn out.

You might find this article on the "Blumuda Triangle" (http://www.adirondacklifemag.com/blogs/2015/08/12/lost/) to be an interesting read.

JW
06-27-2016, 07:56 PM
There's a great book about early Hamilton county: "Tales from an Adirondack County" by Ted Abner and Stella king. Lot's of good stories - one about Manbury Mountain, which is just South of lost ponds and Little Moose Lake. I think it was named after a dead man that was found on the upper reaches.