PDA

View Full Version : Backpacking Partners

Edb 46 er
03-25-2012, 04:40 PM
Looking for possible hiking&backpacking partners.

DuctTape
03-25-2012, 06:05 PM
paging viewseeker and adkian...

ADKian
03-25-2012, 06:16 PM
When you looking to go?

Edb 46 er
03-25-2012, 06:29 PM
Hopefully soon I guess, "Anytime is good". No specific dates in mind. I am the type that enjoys nature, but not not a nutt case getting caught up in all of the politics. I just like the outdoors and really enjoy people that feel the same way. I know the Adirondack Park is involved in a lot (you can't do that here type of sh*t). I like to meet people on the trails and become aquainted routines. I don't live far from Old Forge so, a quick drive is all it takes most of the time. I know their is a bit of uneasyness that comes with meeting new people in general and understand some people will never see eye to eye, but most of the time people enjoy each others company and friendships are made for life.

ADKian
03-25-2012, 09:34 PM
Well I'm younger(30) don't know if that makes a difference or not, but I feel the same. I just like to get out there. I've met a few people from here and have all been good experiences so I don't really have any problem meeting new people from here. I don't know if I will get out much in the next month or so as I have a new baby due in April, but I will be up for trips after that so we can try to set something up.

Edb 46 er
03-26-2012, 10:25 AM
Sounds like we could put something together after April, so, cool. We will have to keep in touch. :thumbs:

ADKian
03-26-2012, 05:43 PM
Sounds like we could put something together after April, so, cool. We will have to keep in touch. :thumbs:

Absolutely. I have to go all out this summer to make up for missing 12 weeks last summer from having surgery.

redhawk
03-27-2012, 08:49 AM

Ask him about "The Curse"

ADKian
03-27-2012, 02:52 PM
Ask him about "The Curse"

LOL!! I exercised the curse this past fall with Justin and Russ thankfully. If not I might have spontaneously combusted just posting in an NPT thread.

Edb 46 er
03-27-2012, 04:38 PM
Okay guys, fill me in. What the heck is "The Curse"?

ADKian
03-27-2012, 05:53 PM
Haha, every time I set foot on any part of the NPT I got hurt on some way. The first section hike I did I pinched a nerve between my neck and shoulder due to a rookie mistake of having a 50lb pack, the next time at the south lake lean to on an over night I got water on my knee and had to hike out early to get it drained, then last summer I was on my way for a SOBO thru hike and 5 minutes from the averyville trail head I got really sick, while waiting out what we thought was 'car sickness" I got sharp pains in my abdomen which turned out to be appendicitis. I never had any problems anywhere else in the adirondack park except when I set foot on that blue blazed trail. Luckily I successfully camped out at cedar lakes this past fall with no problems so it has since been exercised. The first two things were injuries that weren't serious and put no one in any immediate danger, allowing me to hike out myself. The last one I was just plain lucky it happened when it did. So there in lies "the curse"

Edb 46 er
03-27-2012, 07:23 PM
Jeez. You better stay off the NPT all together. That sounds like a curse alright, if we ever get to do some hiking we will have to head towards the High Peaks. Some very serious weird happenings. Mostly I would like to check out some more of the 5 Ponds Wilderness area. I have some time in the area but nothing substantial. They way things are going already this spring I might have a hard time finding some free time. I hate it when things change the way they have been changing(same thing every year), but it doesn't hurt to make some plans.

INVEST IN A FIRST AID KIT

Then you will never have injurys.

ADKian
03-27-2012, 08:29 PM
Haha, I never even set foot in the woods unprepared. I am up for going wherever. Just keep in touch.

Edb 46 er
03-27-2012, 10:32 PM
Haha, I never even set foot in the woods unprepared. I am up for going wherever. Just keep in touch.That is great! Maybe the curse will be lifted this summer? Planning a small Brook trout fishing trip into MiddleBranch lake this Saturday if I can catch a ride to the trail head from Boonville. It is about a twenty minute drive from town to the parking area. Not intentionally planned but if I can get the ride I am going.

ADKian
03-28-2012, 04:34 PM
The curse was lifted this past fall thankfully when I successfully stayed at cedar lakes. This Saturday I will be at Chub lake for probably my last trip before the new baby comes. Maybe we can try to set something up for the middle of May?