PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Foundation Calendar.

Neil
08-02-2010, 01:35 PM
Yes indeed. We will be running a photo competition and using the winning pictures for our 3rd annual calendar.

Adirondack/Catskills 2011 Calendar contest.
What is it?

Is it a calendar, a fund raiser? Is it a contest, a Christmas gift? Is it an opportunity to enjoy the best of the best photography of our friends? Is it going to be a lot of fun?

It's all of the above.

Here are some basics:

All forum members are invited to submit up to 4 of their best pictures, one per season.
The submissions will be posted and put to popular vote.
The 13 most popular pictures will be used to create an Adirondack/Catskills 2011 Calendar.
Members will order lots and lots of these fine calendars. (think home, office, Christmas gifts etc.)

The details:

Email 4 of your best pictures one per seasonto Neilluck@videotron.ca (make sure you put ADK Calendar in the subject field) and note spaces and upper case letters.
Indicate your name in the email body text.
Indicate the season during which each picture was taken.
You may email me a lower resolution picture but your-out-of-the-camera original must be close to 3000 by 2000 pixels in order to blow up to 8x10 size at 300 dots per inch resolution or we will not be able to use it.
After the August 31 deadline I'll post the submissions.
The submissions will only be identified by a number.
Forum members will vote for their favorite pictures by PM.
The 13 most popular entries will be used to create the calendar.
Entries must be restricted to The Adirondacks and the Catskills and the subject should be indicated and where applicable from where the picture was taken.
The profits generated will be used by the ADKHighpeaks Foundation to finance projects within the Forest Preserve.

Last year, this project was a ton of fun and a big success because of member involvement.

The deadline for submissions is August 31
Voting will commence on September 1 and will close on September 15.

One last vitally important item: your submissions must be in Landscape mode, not portrait or we can't use them.

08-02-2010, 02:37 PM
I look forward to the next calendar. Always great pictures. :)
Will the impt adirondack dates , moon , and hunting seasons , still be on there ?

Also , any specific place for the procedes going this year ?

Neil
08-02-2010, 02:48 PM
Will the impt adirondack dates , moon , and hunting seasons , still be on there ?My birthday will be the only important date going on the calendar this year. That and the date I caught my first musky.

Haha! Same dates as last year.

Also, any specific place for the procedes going this year ?
Mount Adams firetower restoration, which is on-going currently.
http://adkforum.com/showthread.php?t=12011

http://www.adkhighpeaks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12077

Greeneyezz
08-02-2010, 03:39 PM
Nice.

I'm in.

~ZZ

08-06-2010, 02:18 PM
Often grouchy , tries to restrain most times me :Peek:

Is in for another two at least again .

Snitchols
08-09-2010, 10:56 AM
I'm hoping to get pics from the hike this upcoming weekend. I'm hoping for some great views.

redhawk
08-09-2010, 02:19 PM
My birthday will be the only important date going on the calendar this year. That and the date I caught my first musky.

Kind of like Pearl Harbor Day here in the states, EH?

I'll go dig though my pics again........

Hawk

Neil
08-12-2010, 02:03 PM
So far a few very nice pictures have trickled in. I'm sitting here, patiently, at my computer with my hands folded neatly together on my desktop and await the usual onslaught.

But, rather than wait until the last minute, how about making life easier for me and send them in today or tomorrow?

Eh? EH? Hein?

UpstateIrish
08-16-2010, 12:09 PM
So far a few very nice pictures have trickled in. I'm sitting here, patiently, at my computer with my hands folded neatly together on my desktop and await the usual onslaught.

But, rather than wait until the last minute, how about making life easier for me and send them in today or tomorrow?

Eh? EH? Hein?

Sorry for the delay on my part :rolleyes: just had to wrap up the "Summer" section on my crappy camera. Can't wait to see the great pics in the contest this year.

Neil
08-20-2010, 08:51 PM
Bump.
The deadline is approaching very quickly and so far we have pics from less than half the number of people that submitted last year.

MiTi-Stripper
08-24-2010, 01:59 PM
How can we be certain that our photos were indeed received by you for the contest? Do you send a reply indicating photos were received? I did send four photos but do not know if they were received.

Neil
08-24-2010, 02:27 PM
How can we be certain that our photos were indeed received by you for the contest? Do you send a reply indicating photos were received? I did send four photos but do not know if they were received.
Did you include your screen name with your pics?

This year I was planning on posting a list of contributors' screen names, just to be sure that everyone's entries are included in the vote.

MiTi-Stripper
08-25-2010, 12:50 PM
Neil,

Yes I did, both name and screen name. Looking forward to seeing the photos

Jim

Neil
08-26-2010, 10:30 AM
So far, I have received about 50% the number of pics compared to last year's total.

To those of you who have yet to send your entries:

Please re-name your files Winter.jpg, spring.jpg prior to sending them and if possible, shrink them down a bit so they all fit in the same email.

Thanks!

Neil
08-31-2010, 07:22 PM
There are still 4.5 hours left to send in your entries folks.

UpstateIrish
08-31-2010, 07:23 PM
There are still 4.5 hours left to send in your entries folks.

But who's counting? :dance: