PDA

View Full Version : Early AM Breakfast near Floodwood Road?

Brian
08-26-2009, 07:48 AM
I'm driving through the night on Thursday evening from Manhattan and picking up some boats at the outfitters on Floodwood Road 9am Friday morning. Any recommendations of someplace to grab breakfast on the way?

Thanks,

Brian

bethfit
08-26-2009, 08:30 AM
I don't know if you have been to that area previously, but food in that area of the park can be tough. If your coming from Saranac Lake, that might be your best bet. We are not campers, but we spend a couple weeks up there every September and stay just off Rte. 30 before Floodwood Rd. We have access to a microwave and just make some oatmeal. There is a McDonalds in Saranac Lake in a pinch. My advice would be to pack something nice and stop somewhere on the way and enjoy the sunrise while eating. The Noon Mark Diner is on Rte. 73 in Keene Valley(if you are coming from that way)- I'm not sure what time they open -just give yourself enough time if you want to be at the Outfitters by 9:00am. Lake Placid is also a possibility, but few things are open before 8:00am. The outfitters has a couple of picnic tables should you get there before they open. My best advice would be to pack something. Good Luck and enjoy the trip. Where are you planning on going once you get the boats?

PA Ridgerunner
08-26-2009, 09:07 AM
I think the Noonmark opens at 6.
If coming through Tupper, the Lumberjack is excellent for breakfast. They open at 7.

jan
08-26-2009, 12:31 PM
There's also a Dunkin Donuts in Saranac Lake that opens early. Maybe 6? It's across the road from the McDonald's.

Brian
08-26-2009, 03:20 PM
I know the Noonmark. It's on the way, so maybe I'll just give them a call and make sure they're open. I had a whole wheat Belgian waffle there that was worth stopping for.

I think I'm going to do the Floodwood Pond loop and spend one night in Follensby Clear, and the other in Long Pond. I'm going with a few guys that don't have much experience and I am also bringing my bass fishing rod.

bethfit
08-27-2009, 06:36 AM
The husband has caught some nice bass in those ponds. Hope you get good weather and have a great time. Post a trip report when you get back and catch your breath.
....The Noon Mark has got great pies to go!

richard p
01-05-2010, 02:32 PM
The diner at the airport is great for breakfast and only about 15 min away.