PDA

View Full Version : Calendar submissions are up!

Neil
10-16-2008, 03:34 PM
Click here (http://adkhighpeaks.com/neil/calendar/index.html)(and bookmark the link) in order to view the submissions to the calendar contest.

Here's how to cast your vote:

Send a PM to forum member Calendar and categorize your vote as follows:

Winter: 29
Spring: 42
Summer: 73
Fall: 99

Overall favorite: 75 (only one!)

Follow the format strictly or your ballot will be discarded. :eek:

If you aren't sure about spring then vote for one that isn't obviously a fall or winter shot. :D

Note: some of the pics, as submitted, are of too low a resolution to use for the finished product. If one is selected we'll request a high res version from the winner. If they don't have one we'll have to choose the next most voted for picture. Sorry!

redhawk
10-16-2008, 04:25 PM
Neil You have a problem.

everything is fine up to picture number 102.

As soon as you go to picture 103, the caption at the top says

"Calendar Competition (103 of 136)" which is correct:

But the number below the picture is 104, which is incorrect. And from that point on the picture caption is one greater then the one listed in the caption.

So it's possible that someone could submit 103 when they meant 104.

Hawk

redhawk
10-16-2008, 04:26 PM
And Oh yeh, too many good choices. Can we have a six month winter?

Neil
10-16-2008, 05:12 PM
Neil You have a problem.

everything is fine up to picture number 102.

As soon as you go to picture 103, the caption at the top says

"Calendar Competition (103 of 136)" which is correct:

But the number below the picture is 104, which is incorrect. And from that point on the picture caption is one greater then the one listed in the caption.

So it's possible that someone could submit 103 when they meant 104.

Hawk

I fixed it. I hope you like pic 103. :D

Thanks for averting a potential fiasco! :clap:

DuctTape
10-16-2008, 05:28 PM
This will be hard, so many good choices.

PA Ridgerunner
10-16-2008, 05:33 PM
One ballot per member, even if you are a member of both fora, correct?

WinterWarlock
10-16-2008, 06:00 PM

Yes - vote one place or the other please.

Justin
10-16-2008, 06:23 PM
Click here (http://adkhighpeaks.com/neil/calendar/index.html)(and bookmark the link) in order to view the submissions to the calendar contest.

WOW!!!! :eek:

It's really hard to vote for only five.
Nice job everybody!

Bill I.
10-16-2008, 06:42 PM

Yes - vote one place or the other please.

What about Lute/Growly? Does he get to vote twice--under each user name?

:D

Don't mind me, I just feel curmudgeonly again.

I can't wait to see all the pictures.

Neil
10-16-2008, 06:53 PM
Lute and Growly have vastly different IP's.

Growly's IP has a latitude of 90 degrees. What does that suggest?

Neil
10-16-2008, 06:58 PM
Due to a few minor glitches caused by my own ineptitude there will be a few more pictures going up over the next 2 days.

Therefore, and as a result of the aforementioned glitches, I henceforth and heretofore submit my request to you to withhold voting until Sunday.

Bill I.
10-16-2008, 08:24 PM

...that he's really a polar bear?

Tuchov
10-16-2008, 09:21 PM
...that he's really a polar bear?

I was gonna say he was bi-polar.
http://www.instantrimshot.com/

procook131
10-16-2008, 09:57 PM
I think we should keep people around that hang out in privies...

93 makes me wonder why I want to go for the winter, and to me 113 is the answer!

redhawk
10-16-2008, 11:05 PM
Due to a few minor glitches caused by my own ineptitude there will be a few more pictures going up over the next 2 days.

Therefore, and as a result of the aforementioned glitches, I henceforth and heretofore submit my request to you to withhold voting until Sunday.

I already submitted mine at 4:30 pm :banghead:

Hawk

redhawk
10-16-2008, 11:11 PM
Lute and Growly have vastly different IP's.

That Lute isn't as much of a bumpkin as he would like uis to believe..

And last I knew, Long Island wasn't at 90 latitude.

Hawk

redhawk
10-16-2008, 11:14 PM
I just realized, I voted for 13 pictures, 3 for each season or 1 for each month and the best overall for the cover.

Guess that ain't the way you want it eh? :banghead:

Hawk

1ADAM12
10-17-2008, 06:36 AM
I just realized, I voted for 13 pictures, 3 for each season or 1 for each month and the best overall for the cover.

Guess that ain't the way you want it eh? :banghead:

Hawk

HAHAHAHA that is the way he wanted it until he changed it :rolling:

Neil
10-17-2008, 06:46 AM
I thought that multiple votes for each season was too much of a demand on the fora-going folks and on the compilers of the votes (not me).

If there is a popular demand for multiple choices per season then I'm sure we'll all OK with that.

Sorry for these issues. We're learning as we go.

redhawk
10-17-2008, 10:53 AM
I thought that multiple votes for each season was too much of a demand on the fora-going folks and on the compilers of the votes (not me).

If there is a popular demand for multiple choices per season then I'm sure we'll all OK with that.

Sorry for these issues. We're learning as we go.

I'm for the multiples.

And to complicate things some more, what it a picture gets five summer votes and five spring votes (10 overall) but another picture gets nine spring votes, and another nine summer votes, does the one with 10 split votes lose out even though it got more overall votes?

Hawk

Neil
10-17-2008, 10:57 AM
I'm for the multiples.

And to complicate things some more, what it a picture gets five summer votes and five spring votes (10 overall) but another picture gets nine spring votes, and another nine summer votes, does the one with 10 split votes lose out even though it got more overall votes?

Hawk
ADKJack and Dick are the compilers of the votes. I'll let them work it out. :)

But to answer your question, it isn't always easy to differentiate between summer and spring pics to begin with. The photo with the most overall votes will get the nod and be assigned to the most appropriate month.

Emily T
10-17-2008, 06:06 PM
"But to answer your question, it isn't always easy to differentiate between summer and spring pics to begin with. The photo with the most overall votes will get the nod and be assigned to the most appropriate month."

Let me start by saying THANK YOU for putting together this project, to all of you who are involved. I know from experience how time consuming it can be to do something like this! Personally, I will love having an Adirondack photo to look at each month!

Would it be possible for us to just vote for a certain number of favorite pictures, without categorizing them? Leave it up to the project managers to put them on the appropriate month? Even if someone didn't vote for any winter shots (not likely, I know, but just an example), it wouldn't matter. Project managers will just take the top winter pics for those months anyway. Just a thought.:)

Neil
10-17-2008, 09:06 PM
Voting is now open.

Go ahead. Make our day and

VOTE!

As to Emily's question, all I can say at this stage of the game is,

"I - don't - know"
-Jimmy Buffet

This is a question for my esteemed associates, Dick, Jack and Scott.

dmartenvt
10-18-2008, 12:30 AM
After seeing photo #73,I've decided to start carrying a pistol.

Make sure to get extra ammo, because there's a lot more where that came from. I tried to submit this one but my email timed out or something and frankly I was too lazy to re-send it. But this is what I see outside my door in the Adirondacks.

http://www.adkforum.com/photos/d/7724-2/CalendarBoys.JPG

1ADAM12
10-18-2008, 12:20 PM
Make sure to get extra ammo, because there's a lot more where that came from. I tried to submit this one but my email timed out or something and frankly I was too lazy to re-send it. But this is what I see outside my door in the Adirondacks.

http://www.adkforum.com/photos/d/7724-2/CalendarBoys.JPG

Can you say Deliverence :D

Neil
10-18-2008, 01:38 PM
Where's my bow and arrow?

adkjack
10-18-2008, 11:09 PM
"But to answer your question, it isn't always easy to differentiate between summer and spring pics to begin with. The photo with the most overall votes will get the nod and be assigned to the most appropriate month."

Let me start by saying THANK YOU for putting together this project, to all of you who are involved. I know from experience how time consuming it can be to do something like this! Personally, I will love having an Adirondack photo to look at each month!

Would it be possible for us to just vote for a certain number of favorite pictures, without categorizing them? Leave it up to the project managers to put them on the appropriate month? Even if someone didn't vote for any winter shots (not likely, I know, but just an example), it wouldn't matter. Project managers will just take the top winter pics for those months anyway. Just a thought.:)

Very true especially when you consider there was snow on Marcy in June and Early October that pretty much makes it a two season affair, July and Winter:D Sping and fall are pretty vague also, so I tell you what pick your favorite 4 and assign the closest season you can to them and then your favorite or If there is really no particular seasonal picture you like just leave that season blank.

Jack

Emily T
10-19-2008, 07:11 AM
I just submitted my 10 favorites...with no season assigned to them! My vote will most likely get booted, since I didn't follow the rules!:eek:

I still say the project managers can just take the winning entries, overall, and assign them to a month. Like, take the 3 most popular winter shots, and put them on winter months, 3 most popular spring shots, and put them on the spring months, etc.

I couldn't possibly pick an overall favorite. :confused: It was hard enough to pick only 10!

Neil
10-19-2008, 08:41 AM
Because of the number of submissions it is very important that everybody votes.
Say 30 people vote. That's nearly 1 picture per vote.

redhawk
10-19-2008, 10:26 AM
Very true especially when you consider there was snow on Marcy in June and Early October that pretty much makes it a two season affair, July and Winter:D Sping and fall are pretty vague also, so I tell you what pick your favorite 4 and assign the closest season you can to them and then your favorite or If there is really no particular seasonal picture you like just leave that season blank.

Jack

Question.

I submitted my ballot when the example was 3 pictures a season and one overall favorite. :banghead:

Is that grandfathered and "legal" or do I have to vote all over again? :cry:

Hawk

Calendar
10-19-2008, 10:36 AM
Question.

I submitted my ballot when the example was 3 pictures a season and one overall favorite. :banghead:

Is that grandfathered and "legal" or do I have to vote all over again? :cry:

Hawk

Hawk,
I had one other submit early and I asked him to re-submit choosing just five. I would be much obliged if you would do the same. Sorry for the confusion and I appreciate your participation.
Thanks
Jack

redhawk
10-19-2008, 11:07 AM
Hawk,
I had one other submit early and I asked him to re-submit choosing just five. I would be much obliged if you would do the same. Sorry for the confusion and I appreciate your participation.
Thanks
Jack

So much for the early bird BS. :banghead: :cry: :banghead: :cry:

Calendar
10-19-2008, 01:53 PM
Since time is of the essence as we attempt to have the selections complete and finished product produced in time for Holiday gift giving I respectfully request that we have all vote in by
Saturday October 25th.

We will select and Post the Winners by Tuesday the 28th

Thanks again to all who have submitted these great pictures and those who have taken the time to make very hard decisions and voted for their favorites.

Jack